GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Got a ping on Facebook that a local Guzzisti wanted to go riding.  One 1100 "Spot", one CX100 in 1000S trim and my 2013 GRiSO.  Then another GRiSO showed up, a black 2007.  The rider greeted me as I marveled at the condition of his bike: "It's yours Dave!"  It was my 2007 that I sold to a Russian bike flipper!  It still had my old keyfob attached.

Rich owns a loopframe as well and we had a nice ride through Harriman Park and across the Hudson North towards Cold Spring.  Great day![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 7:00 pm

It's that time of year again!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 7:33 pm

I loves me a "hot" GRiSO - well the oil is hot. I would suggest you would only need this for the first couple of hours (per day) Mark, after that normal programming will resume...
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Hey Mark, it should be a Gelato bucket top ! Or at least Neapolitan !

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I loves me a "hot" GRiSO - well the oil is hot. I would suggest you would only need this for the first couple of hours (per day) Mark, after that normal programming will resume...

Ambient temps below 20, cruising in 6th gear, without ice cream lid, oil don't get above 90. Remember, this is actual oil temp in the 1400. Regular 8V it's head temp. Actual head temp is about 8-10 degrees warmer.

GreggF wrote:
Hey Mark, it should be a Gelato bucket top ! Or at least Neapolitan !

I'll rectify that soonest! Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2018 4:13 am

GHTE wrote:
The Dragon has always been on my bucket list. Enjoy and ride safe.

Thanks

There are two dragons, maybe more.

The Tail of the dragon is on Hwy 129 north of Robbinsville NC. 11 miles 321 curves

I will be riding the Back of the Dragon from Marion VA to Tazewell VA 32 miles and 438 curves.

Both worth riding, I like the Back as it isn't as poplulated as the Tail

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2018 4:57 am

cognosticator wrote:
GHTE wrote:
The Dragon has always been on my bucket list. Enjoy and ride safe.

Thanks

There are two dragons, maybe more.  

The Tail of the dragon is on Hwy 129 north of Robbinsville NC.  11 miles 321 curves

I will be riding the Back of the Dragon from Marion VA to Tazewell VA  32 miles and 438 curves.

Both worth riding, I like the Back as it isn't as poplulated as the Tail

The whole naming thing -- "Dragon" or otherwise -- smacks of the Weather Channel marketing and hyping loons and makes me retch a bit, but that section is a nice piece of road.  I pick up SR 42 from 16 to run home or back when I ride to and from Atlanta.

How long will you be in the Commonwealth, Jerry?

I will be in Europe 7-17 May, but if you are still around and riding when I get back, stop in at the top of Virginia.

Oh, you may also know of this other super (and unnamed, I think) road down that way, Virginia SR's 80.  I ran it two-up with Kathi on the Norge and occasionally came face-to-face with her on a tight turn or two! cheers

Virginia SR 80

Best,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Broken Spoke
Carlotto
Carlotto
Broken Spoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2018 8:58 pm

Dug the GRiSO out today after a long miserable winter. Was a beautiful day here and stuck 300+ Klicks on the clock. Worked even better than I remembered. What a neat bike these things are, soooo happy I made the decision to own one.
Did the swing arm and linkage bearings over winter and set front forks to the 4th ring and suspension settings to one of the nice folks here recommendations. Noticed steering input is definitely quicker.
Thanks again to all for the forum and useful information. Makes owning one even better.
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 12:17 am

Not quite what I did with my GRiSO today but today was part of this ride.
I headed out for a 4 day trip last Friday.  Day 1 saw a pretty mundane run from Cobar to Dungog.  Mostly on the highway out of necessity and not really deserving any further comment.
Day 2 was a quick trip to Gloucester over the Stroud Hill.  This is only a short run but anyone who has done will attest that it’s a good-un.  Like plenty of other roads in NSW the bureaucrats have tried to ruin it by knocking the speed limit down to 80km/h.
All Saturday and Saturday night spent at the Gloucester Motorcycle Expo which also hosts a round of VMX.  The GRiSO had the company of one other Guzzi, a Mark II Le Mans.
Pretty bloody cold that night in the swag – woke to a nippy 2 degrees.  Coffee and bacon and egg roll and off up Thunderbolts.  Late enough for the fog to have lifted but early enough to beat any touristy traffic and the dreaded highway patrol.
Cut across Topdale Road to Nundle.  Never done this run before and it was a bit of a treat.  The run down Port Stephens Pass was a bit of an eye opener – it’s almost single lane and plenty of 25 km/h corners.  It’d be a hoot going up.
Nundle isn’t the sleepy little town that I remember.  It seems intent on becoming the yuppie, hipster, tree changer capital of Oz.  Couldn’t get out of there quick enough.
New England Highway drudge down to Muswellbrook for lunch with the daughter and then over to Sandy Hollow for the highlight of a scoot along the Bylong Valley Way.  I reckon I could ride up and down this road all day.
Rolled the swag out next to the river at Sofala.  A couple of beers at the pub, then got a fire going to sit back and enjoy the silence.
Another bloody cold night with an early morning run down to Bathurst and a hot lap of Mount Panorama for the GRiSO.  Well, a 60 km/h lap anyway – public road, speed limits, etc.  I reckon I’d come to grief pretty bloody quickly if I tried to go hard around there.  Due respect paid to those who race there – 2 wheels or 4.
Onto Orange – breakfast at the Agrestic Grocer.  A bit hipsterish but a good feed.

Home via Banjo Patterson Way and then the very, very, very, very boring run from Narromine to Cobar.
A shade under 2000km in 4 days – wish it could have been longer.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 am

Well done sounds like a top trip.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 3:51 am

GHTE wrote:

Indeed, but 1200 miles and not even one unfocused pic of bad food and good beer? jocolor

Bill
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 am

Bill Hagan wrote:
GHTE wrote:

Indeed, but 1200 miles and not even one unfocused pic of bad food and good beer? jocolor

Bill

Good point Bill.  I was a bit tired when I posted yesterday and did mean to put some photos in.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GRiSO at Gloucester

GRiSO at campsite at Sofala

GRiSO after a big run down Conrod Straight

Good food at the Agrestic Grocer - Orange.
Beer drunk on the whole trip was a basic Tooheys New and not worth photographing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 am

And it hasn’t blown up after we worked on it! Yay! Bonus! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 am

Of course it hasn’t Pete. Running like a dream and the bonus of getting a whole lot further on a tank of petrol. Absolutely loving it.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Brekky looks bloody delicious.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 12, 2018 6:42 pm

140 mile loop through rural Colorado to the town of Guffey and then to Canon City for a coffee before returning home.  Guffey is a fun visit since someone has placed antique decrepit cars and trucks around the town, some of them with skeletons in them.  I did not get any photos since we were passing through and Jan was ready for a coffee.  

As of today, I've put about 900 miles on the bike since the purchase and have found one problem/ issue with owning the GRiSO.  

What is the issue you ask?  Well, I like the engine so much that I would really like to have a Stelvio to replace the Tenere.   That is not an idea that would go over well with the Minister of Finance.  Especially since a recent happy hour conversation included a phrase/ discussion along the lines of "no more motorcycles."   Sad
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Changed the battery, checked TB balance, TPS setting and fiddled a bit with CO2 trim. Could not resist the temptation to take a 100 km spin, against doctor's orders😊

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sat May 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Don't worry FRR. You wouldn't be getting another bike (as in an extra one), you'd be swapping one for another. So you're cool.
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 am

8[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

About 200km evening trip.. lovely weather
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Sweet FA,

Went house hunting instead
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2018 2:52 pm

MrGPz wrote:

Sweet FA,

You moving Glen ?
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2018 3:37 pm

waterbottle wrote:
MrGPz wrote:

Sweet FA,

You moving Glen ?

Hi Ron,

We actually moved last year, and got rid of the cat!!!
Now, the missus says the new house is too big, so we're downsizing the house, but not the garaging
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Winner!
Back to top Go down
nwryder
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwryder

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Great weather in the PNW today. Took a nice little 70 mile jaunt. Stopped for lunch and grabbed a ride across the Columbia river to find my way back home. Gave my dirty girl a bath and am amazed at how easy this is with nothing to really wax and polish. Are any of you guys waxing the tank and other bits ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 9 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next