GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:10 am

Yesterday i mounted new barend mirrors and new brake and clutch levers. There is also another oilcooler plate. Today i take advantage of the blue sky and about 13°C for a 430km trip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:25 am

f-man wrote:
Yesterday i mounted new barend mirrors
Wish I could do barends, but cruise control is in the way. Yours look very phat.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:54 am

f-man wrote:
Yesterday i mounted new barend mirrors and new brake and clutch levers. There is also another oilcooler plate. Today i take advantage of the blue sky and about 13°C for a 430km trip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Black Valve covers look great
Black levers work well too - was it an easy job?
Where are you on the fork drop through the yokes? [ about 4 rings? ]
Oil cooler cover looks good.
Never tried bar end mirrors?
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 am

Got home an hour early from work. Heard the call from the garage.........off I went. Chose a direction and headed for pretty much the only hills in Oxfordshire. Took the GRiSO out onto a road I had promised myself I would re-visit near where I used to live [ as with ''I have a date with this road'' thread ]

This is the area - The call it the vale of the White horse [ although now there is an argument thinking it might be a dog rather than Horse] ''Vale of the White dog'' doesn't sound quite as good eh?  Shocked Loads of history - What's left Iron age settlement above the Horse and a small hill below where George fought the Dragon.

This is dragon hill and the White bit still showing is where the blood of the Dragon was spilled and no grass will now grow................

I was amazed just how agile the GRiSO was on this road as it is a pig to ride on any bike, let alone on the beasty. It all went so well I just kept going and got myself lost in a maze of backroads - only about 60 miles but gave me some sanity back after a crap day at work - left her 'tinking' in the garage.

Gotta get my new levers on as the reach of the clutch is too far out for my liking.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:17 am

Black levers work well too - was it an easy job?
Where are you on the fork drop through the yokes? [ about 4 rings? ]
Oil cooler cover looks good.
Never tried bar end mirrors?

Yes 4 rings fork drop.

The brake lever is just plug and play - easy job. The clutch lever is a little bit tricky, because you need the thorn (don´t know the right word for it) from the original clutch lever. This part can only bought with the original lever or for an also horrible price at AF1. Look at the following picture:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Demount the whole clutch lever. First you have to meassure the length of the thorn. You have to adjust it to the same length for correct clutch function. At the underside of the bold there is a small screw (1,5mm hex) which fixes the [i]thorn[i]. Untighten it and then heat the old lever in the oven or with a hot air gun (the thorn is fixed with bold adhesive). Caution - hot! Now you can demount the thorn from the bold and reassemble it in your new lever. No problem, when you be aware of the small screw.

17°C, blue sky - GRiSO i`m coming

Sven
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:15 am

Thank you for the picture Sven - that's helpful. Did you add adhesive again after relocating?
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:00 am

Hello Ian;

yes, i used adhesive when reassembling the clutch lever.

Sven
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:09 am

f-man wrote:
Hello Ian;

yes, i used adhesive when reassembling the clutch lever.

Sven

Vielen Dank Sven!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:07 am

Forks up to sixth ring.
Valve cover off, new 'o' ring fitted
Ride out - no oil leak now and the handling is better for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:54 pm

putting air in the tires and riding it for about 100 miles.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Had a great ride today. 65* and sun. GRiSO such a fun bike!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 pm

I went for a ride.
I went very fast.
The end.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
joecool
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
joecool

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:56 pm

beetle wrote:
I went for a ride.
I went very fast.
The end.

Pictures or it didn't happen... Razz
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Pictures if what? Blurred landscape?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:42 am

[yesterday] rode out to Marlborough - strong headwinds all the way. The GRiSO laughed at it! Personally, I was just hanging on but creating a nice turbulance free pocket of air for my pillion with my muscular torso [ inserts whistle icon ]

Loads of bikes there and drank coffee rather than beer [ makes a change ] I am getting all mature these days.

The ride home was bloody good, wind behind us, long open roads and overtaking frenzy. Got a tap on the shoulder to calm down, so went cross country and then just wellied the very last section. Must get me go pro sorted.

Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:11 am

Had my first "Failure to proceed" Called in to the local for a takeaway long neck of Black. Im painting inside the house and need lubricant. Anyhow with beer safely ensconced inside my jacket, I hit the noise button and was met with deafening silence. Checked all the fuses and connections ....all seems good. turns out the clutch lever switch was moving when the lever was pulled. Now its only over the last month or two that I've had to pull the clutch lever to start him. and that's probly 4 times all up. So...how is this switch held in place? Apart from the tiny wee cable tie I used when I got home. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:31 am

Not that I recommend it, but I removed switch and looped the wires.
So there's no switch to worry about.
If I start the bike in gear with the clutch out, it's my fault.
But the side stand switch must stay!!!!!
I just replaced mine as I damaged the wire to close to the switch to repair.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:51 am

Mine's been held on by a wee cable tie for about 2 years. Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Mine sometimes just "works loose" no biggie - just push it back on. I suppose I could use a cable tie or such but I might have to think about a doing a permanent fix like that - thought about it, no stuff it, I couldn't be arsed.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:15 pm

But a cable tie is a permanent fix. Cool

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:27 pm

too hard, Mark
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:21 am

First ride of the season and I put about 300 kms on her today in perfect weather. Ran it up to Squamish, back to Van., out to White Rock and home again.

Almost forgot just how thoroughly satisfying the GRiSO's grunt and giddyup can be....inconceivable! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Got my GRiSO back today. I had the 6k service done by a mechanic friend of mine. Everything checked out and yep the spline was in his words, "dry as a bone." Going out tomorrow morning for some road testing.
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Put on the Dart fly screen, stood back and admired it's looks. Nice kit. Some difference between the instructions and the US version 2015 GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Swapped out the OEM rusted chrome-like mirrors for the all black 1200 Sport's Made in China. I like them but couldn't toss the take offs in the recycle bin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next