GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:54 am

I have the same bars , they came with the bike and they for me work great..never rode the bike with the stock bars though ...I like the mirrors but have barends currently CRG replicas from China they have no blur and I think clean up the look of the bike ...
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:57 am

How wide are the Mana bars (without end weights)?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:06 am

I'll measure 'em tomorrow...Onmy Mana Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Thanks, Pete. I'm thinking of using them on my Dorso (wider than a GRiSO).
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:00 pm

I saw a Black GRiSO on here recently with the Black Handlebar.
Much better looking than the chrome unit I have.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah, not sure about the colour. I prefer the stock black bars. May need to do something about that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Chaipaval
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chaipaval

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:28 am

Weather dry but a cool 40 to 45F here (Scotland) this morning. Black beauty insisted an early ride as rain due later. So we had a quick 50 - 60 mile blast around the single track lanes on the South side of Loch Ness. Very twisty up and down with fantastic views to snow clad mountains, no traffic worth mentioning. I've now done 300 miles on this new GRiSO and I keep thinking about routes to ride. This bike puts the magic back in biking. Must be careful though - I got a red warning light today for being over eager. Perhaps I'll make it up by order a cover for the oil cooler and keeping her clean or maybe I'll just go ride.
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:01 am

I looked for the Mana bars for about 6 months could not find any used ones. New ones were about $275+ on the Aprilla site. That's 11 bottles of Makers Mark for Christ's sake, almost a years supply. I finally gave up and installed Rox 2" risers. Better but not perfect. The Mana bars are the ticket.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 am

Finally did some things...   (Sorry about the crappy cell phone images)

I added the radial master cylinder:

And then I added a small windscreen:

I had added this SW Motech Tank Bag awhile ago, I think somewhere I said I'd post pics of it:

And I picked up the Baxley Wheel Chock.  Not cheap, but I do think it's worth the price:
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:40 am

Don't you feel that the radial master cylinder is overkilled on the late model bikes with the improved and much softer clutch operation?
I was really contemplating this on my 09 but the 2013 clutch action was a welcome improvement... it's even softer than my 07, so it doesn't call for a radial switch in my taste.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:25 am

Umm... That's the master cylinder for the front brakes...
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:40 am

Enzo the baker wrote:
I looked for the Mana bars for about 6 months could not find any used ones. New ones were about $275+ on the Aprilla site. That's 11 bottles of Makers Mark for Christ's sake, almost a years supply. I finally gave up and installed Rox 2" risers. Better but not perfect. The Mana bars are the ticket.

I just looked them up on AF1's site. Part number 890446. US$80.18. Very fair price. Most aftermarket bars are over $100.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:50 am

Guzziboy66 wrote:
Umm... That's the master cylinder for the front brakes...

Duhh!! I'm getting old. Sad Sad and I just lost the perfect opportunity to shut up.
Carry on guys, I'm just part of the back ground here...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Anyway, I clean up my battery terminals as they were showing corrosion already.

And for ease of removal, I leave a small strap around that battery so I don't have to fight it when trying to pull it out every time.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Grisonut wrote:
And for ease of removal, I leave a small strap around that battery so I don't have to fight it when trying to pull it out every time.

That's a great idea Pascal. I'll be following suit the next time I pull mine out.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:38 pm

great idea.

i use one of those dent puller suction caps,works a treat too.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:01 pm

2nd thumbs up on your strap idea Gnut. Will look into that as well.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:56 pm

You guys are welcome.
I learn from the Forum so I pass along what I know as well. Smile Smile

My 07 hit 18K miles so it was due for service which means, all fluids needed to be change and the valves checked.
The end drive is a pain in the balls if you want to do a clean job without spilling oil all over so I came up with a couple of tricks when I did my first service on my 09 back in the days...
I use a small fennel with coat hanger wires that are attached to the rotor to secure it in place under the drain hole. See pic:

For refill, since you're dealing with such a small dinky hole, I use a squeeze bottle that I got from a hair salon for 50 cents. lol
It's only graduated to 240ml though, so I have to do it a second time but filling the bottle to only 140ml this time to achieve the correct countenance. Actually, one could do this by eye until you see the fluid being almost flush but since we're dealing with Italian stuff... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:00 am

Hhmmm, in Australia a stubby of beer is 375 mls.
So, open drain hole drink a beer and bingo.
A measuring device is found.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 am

Hhmmm.... How can i get in Germany an Australien stubby? Lol

Sven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:42 am

Buy me a slab (2 doz.) and I'll send you a single (empty) bottle.
I'll get you much cheaper postage if I lighten the load.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:26 am

Ralf z wrote:
Hhmmm, in Australia a stubby of beer is 375 mls.
So, open drain hole drink a beer and bingo.
A measuring device is found.

Hey! There's an idea. Very Happy
But I drink beers out of a bottle... not by choice, but because anything sold in cans in the US (at least In FL) is American crap stuff and the good brands are not as readily available...

I need to get me a squeeze bottle slightly bigger but I keep forgetting...
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm

Got a split oil line replaced today. No more oil dripping on the exhaust or the floor of the garage.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am

ghezzi wrote:
Buy me a slab (2 doz.) and I'll send you a single (empty) bottle.
I'll get you much cheaper postage if I lighten the load.

Don't do it! I fell for this, he stomped on the can so it would fit in the envelope. Shocked

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:20 am

Cleaned a few bug bits from the ride Saturday, stood back admired it, swung my leg over and made engine noises...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next