GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:01 am

Not too shabby at all, Wyno. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:09 am

wyno wrote:
Clocked over 140,000km today. Not bad for a 5 1/2 year old bike.

Nice!!
Are you attending the Spag Rally mate?
I still owe you a beer or 10 for the Marlin Screen.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am

extra curricular activities of course Clancy, don't think ScoMo would sponsor this one...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nobles, its my 9th crossing on this particular tub...
Barcelona to Gibraltar for fuel, a quick top-up pitstop in Tenerife, now its on to the promised land.
-stopping in the US first Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:30 am

Your 9th trip ! Wow !

I had a very different experience; a 43’ sailboat. We averaged 7 knots. Had 3 days of no wind in the middle of the Atlantic. 3 crew. Skipper wouldn’t allow us to fish ☹️
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:35 am

177ft and 10 tonne of fuel a day -insert something about carbon footprint here- cruising at 12-13kts.
Chef has 2 walk in fridges Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:40 pm

There nothing like roughing it, is there?
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Clancy wrote:
wyno wrote:
Clocked over 140,000km today. Not bad for a 5 1/2 year old bike.

Nice!!
Are you attending the Spag Rally mate?
I still owe you a beer or 10 for the Marlin Screen.

If both of you are going, that will be 2 more GRiSOs than last year!

BTW Clance, Paul (Cali II) will be in Canberra Wed (visiting) & heading either over WeeJasper or the Brindabellas to meet up with some NSW guys (Steve McD & Brett B1, Lloyd T3 Cali, amongst others) at Tumbarumba Thurs night. I find out tonight if Al the Saint is coming down from Brisbane. I'll be leaving Sydney Wed, aiming to stay somewhere within range to do the top end of the Omeo Hwy on Thursday - supposed to be meeting up with David from Lismore - if the rain doesn't frighten him off - he still hasn't figured out his wet weather gear - we'll see how is goes - slowly, if wet.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Unfortunately it’s a Sitting week at the old house under the hill, so I’m flat out dawn to dusk.
Have managed to get Friday off though, so I can head south earlier than originally planned.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 am

Unfortunately I'm not going to be there. I had already said I'd go to a staff reunion for the TAFE I used to work at on the 21st.
I took the GRiSO to Peter Stevens today (yes I know) for a 140,000 km service and was sitting in the cafe next to it when the service manager came in and gave me some bad news. The valve stem seals on the left cylinder were disintegrating and the upper valve guide had become oval shaped. So they are putting in new seals and a new valve guide. I will have to get the other side checked when I get some more money. Hopefully I'll get the bike back on Thursday. If I do get it back in time and it doesn't cost me a kidney, I might be able to make it for a while on Friday and Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:57 am

wyno wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not going to be there. I had already said I'd  go to a staff reunion for the TAFE I used to work at on the 21st.
I took the GRiSO to Peter Stevens today (yes I know) for a 140,000 km service and was sitting in the cafe next to it when the service manager came in and gave me some bad news. The valve stem seals on the left cylinder were disintegrating and the upper valve guide had become oval shaped. So they are putting in new seals and a new valve guide. I will have to get the other side checked when I get some more money. Hopefully I'll get the bike back on Thursday. If I do get it back in time and it doesn't cost me a kidney, I might be able to make it for a while on Friday and Saturday.

Was it using oil? How could they tell the seal was disintegrating? It's bloody difficult to see the seals in-situ! The springs are in the way! So they pulled the head then and stripped the valve gear? I'd love to see the pics!

One think I've been very happy with with the 8V is the lack of guide wear which is mainly down to the use of the swivel-foot adjuster ends! I smell gouging by assholes.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:41 am

Pete, they're sending the head and guide to a bloke here in Geelong so he can make a new one. When it comes back the guys at PS are going to give me the old valve guide so I can take pics and send them on to you. I probably won't have the bike back until Monday, so I won't be going to the Spag Rally.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Installed the "startus interruptus" today and cleaned the air filter. Going to a ride to eat tomorrow
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Cleaned the shed today, let the repairs begin,....... tomorrow, the beer is cold now Laughing drunken

Normal tyre wear pattern .......

Sliding out and High Siding wear Pattern following a Small amount of Oil on right side of tyre ....... DON'T put up with an OIL LEAK Rolling Eyes affraid
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am

jeez Ron, the Green Machine doesn't look half as bad as you did... Razz Razz
mind you, that tyre needs some attention....
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:27 am

update from the Pond....

er, why is nobody else going this way.????
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Found any aircraft yet?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Well Darrell picked up his bike this morning. On taking it for a test ride he returned and asked "Are you sure this is the same motorbike?" Laughing Anyway I decided to ride with him as far as Goulburn and then waved him on his way.

On the way back it was such a nice morning I decided to have a bit of fun, as such I didn't really have time to react when I spied first a loaded black 8V GRiSO and then a pack of three bikes two of which were a Cali II and a small tank Stelvio heading in the other direction. I was doing north of 140 at the time so didn't have a chance to wave or react much so if they were visitors here I apologise.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Coming back from the Spag, I would say Pete.

Hey, I thought you said you rode like an old woman now?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:52 pm

I do, but it's a road I know like the back of my hand and it was past 'roo O'clock......
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Went over the Snowy Mountains to The Spaghetti Rally in Victoria.

Alpine Plains

Still some snow about

And plenty of bugs
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Impressed cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 am

Went second hand bike dealer to have a look at a 25,000mile ‘08 GRiSO that a friend was hoping to buy but I’d warned him not to go ahead unless it was rollerised. Lots of service history but no mention of any work to the cams etc.

As I’m a sales rep I “happened to be in the area” and had a quick chat with the salesman and discovered that an old friend that I knew worked in the workshop. As they accepted that they didn’t have a scooby doo what to look for and my friend would buy it if it was indeed rollerised I was promptly passed the Allen keys to pop the rocker cover off in the showroom whilst wearing my best suit and tie :-)

Unfortunately it was a Flattie and the salesman went suddenly quiet and left me to find me own way out of the showroom.

Last edited by Robinson_Spike on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:52 am

Good work Spike .....new career in motorbike consulting ?
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:50 am

You are doing God's work...

I fixed my'09 flat tappet issue by undoing two bolts, carefully removing the license plate and attaching it to a 2013.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next