GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 pm

beetle wrote:
Wait...I want to see a helicopter too!

cheers

Ron?
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:27 am

Helicopter would help with engine heat in traffic lights too..

Real one or pants down.. whatever you prefer ..
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:39 am

Somebody say helicopter?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:39 pm

The other week, I solved a handling issue. I thought there was something wrong at the back end on a certain bit of road coming down the mountain to my place. There is a series of sweepers, and with my new-found handling with the PR4 GTs, I now explore uncharted territory (for me), there was an offputting (kinda) lurch as I came out of a tight L/H sweeper and tipped it the other way into a R/H sweeper.

Mind you if you get this wrong, you play intimately with a small cutting on the right, or drop into a creek (around 5 metres) on the left, and there is no runoff either side of the tarmac.

Anyway, as I transition to the R/H sweeper, Black Betty did a kind of lurch right on the apex. It felt like one of a few things: loose wheel bolts, suspension rooted, swing arm bearings shot, dodgy tyre.

Anally, I checked of each of these and could not find anything wrong. Damn!

The other evening I was a bit later home than usual, and it was dusk. Found it! There is a slight ripple, and I mean slight, in the middle of the apex. The light was just right to see it as I started cranking over. If measured, it would only be a few millimetres, but cranked over and with a little bit of speed, it felt wrong. Indeed it was. Can't see it in daylight, and at night there be critters drawing my eye to the peripheral vision, including wombats. Amazing the difference in handling when the tyres are unloaded and loaded rapidly while cranked over - in my case it was almost scary.

Now I know what is there and that the road is "not quite right" (like a lot us here), I can put my anal tendencies to rest and enjoy the ride. Winner!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Helicoil inserted.

See, I told you Tony, Mr Roper is rarely wrong...

(my tool box is complete!!)
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 pm

service of GRiSO all fluids,filters,brake pads,new front brake line good to go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 am

I have to report that deep in the middle of winter here in the Northern Rivers NSW, the weather is relentless.

went for a lazy 200km round trip... just to check that my handiwork in the garage yesterday was up to par.
- replaced a few o-rings here and there, ran the wrench across a few things, and slipped in new exhaust gaskets.. all good.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:13 am

By relentless, do you mean warm & sunny?

It was a sunny 17 here, finally. I took GRiSO for a short run to test the new injectors. New throttle (installed for new geegaw, which required other new geegaws...long story and to be not spoken of just now) locked up, which was interesting. Not. Limped home to find a grub screw had gummed up the works (which wasn't part of the new throttle, but I put it in anyway because it seemed like a good idea..no, wait, I'm not talking about it).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:31 am

Rain here, in the middle of Indiana, today.

But, yesterday I went for a quick 150 mile trip to get a Guinness and steak sandwich.
Was a humid 91F, if you stopped moving you started sweating a lot. GRiSO ran fine except one stop light it was running 2K rpm instead of idle for a few seconds. I suppose I should look into this.

When I arrived back home the the sidecar brake parts I had been waiting on for the Dnepr were here.
So I grabbed a cold one and headed to the shop. Brakes are now good, I just need to fine tune the clutch adjustment.

Nice to have the sidecar for running around town and the GRiSO for heading down the highway.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 am

Went for a ride over Chinook Pass (WA highway 410).
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Put a Beetle in it!

Before that I tightened the valve lash ( it was generally exhaust .009" and Inlet .006") to the recommended .006" and .004".  Took it for a spin to warm it up for the TB sync and she ran nicely with a noticeable decrease in surging at low speeds.  I was happy with that but then...  

Remapped it and surging is a non issue,  off idle "get go" improved, hole around 3200 rpm was gone.  What I really liked was I felt an increase in torque around 4000 rpm giving the engine more "range".

I also really like that I can be more relaxed at slow speeds. I'll be more at ease on the dirt roads I sometimes wonder on to.

Mark.  You nailed it.  Thanks

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Finally got my Norge off the lift -- after weeks of lethargy and sloth (and fear Sad ) in installing rebuilt shock ... and got the GRiSO on it today.

I had thought I might be able to pull both wheels at same time while it was on the H-B stand with its provided front prop or a scissors jack, but just couldn't get the rear wheel high enough.

So, took the cowardly route and am doing one wheel at a time.

Taking the rear to the dealer tomorrow for them to put on a new MPR4 GT; front to follow when that gets done.

Of course I have pix.  cheers

So ... is that rust something to worry about?  Do something about?  Just fuggitaboutit and ride?  scratch

Oh, and while I am asking dumb questions, what is that cable ending at the square thingamabob above the top?

Grazie mille.

Bedtime here for us old folks.  Very Happy

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Bill, if you have the time, take it. Avoids unnecessary recovery operations.

Many live's ago I had a BMW, took it to a store to get new booties on it, had it on the centre stand. All good until I bumped it, and the bloody great thing came off the centre stand. Bike is now sitting on its sump. How embarassment!

The blokes that worked there thought it was funny too. I do now I look back on it. Wasn't at the time. Some of them helped right the battleship. I only went a little bit red, and that was not from embarrassment, but from exertion - those things can be a heavy as
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:29 pm

The square thing is the speedo sensor Bill. Rust? Yeah, you get that.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am

First annual service I've completed myself

- Checked valve gaps (no adjustment required)
- New oils
- New filters
- Replaced factory spark plug caps with NGK
- Replaced old breather hoses
- Made & installed a plug & play Startus Interruptus mod
- Dealt with the leak at the exhaust-pretzel join
- Checked brake pads

All ready for The Fringe & beyond  Thumbs Up

Last edited by Clancy on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzimackers
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Motoguzzimackers

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:52 am

Ooh, just thought...we'd better start collecting plastic straws before they disappear here in Oz.
Back to top Go down
http://motoguzzimackers.com/
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:03 am

Way ahead of you. The other day I ordered 500 cocktail straws and 400 bendy drinking straws.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Born in NYC I learned to remove wheels on the street from tourist's cars.  VA plates were always good for a nice set of rims as no one down there parallel parks.  Becker technik centerstand and some wood blocks. I put the front axle back in 'cause I have kids...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Proof that lessons learnt in childhood come in handy life long Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Here's my solution. The jack is only there to stabilize the hanging GRiSO and to keep it from spinning. Of course, not everybody has an overhead hoist.

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:41 am

More Ragged Fringe readiness.
Angel GT's for the 9000km round trip.
Service incl new timing belt (50,000k's).
Fitted Onur's tank ring and a Givi tank bag.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Took the left hand side plate off and tightened the gear lever and the nuts holding the gear rod in place. Still a tad sloppy but much better.
Changed the oil and used the Penrite 10/60 full syn as suggested.
One thing of note, the engine is now showing 13.9/14.0 volts c/w 13.7/13.8 prior to the change.
I was using 10/40 previously, would have thought the heavier viscosity would have had the opposite effect?
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:15 pm

The oil won't have any effect at all on the charge rate.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 pm

I rode the GRiSO to work 3 times this week, 300 miles of thuggery..... and envy. I work at FT Meade, and we are loaded with young Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Civilians in Uniform... urm I mean Airmen...

TONS of bikes, and NO Guzzi's not to mention GRiSO's. I park the bike in sight of my office window and watch the parade of dudes riding and driving by to look at it. I know that envy is a sin and I feel bad for provoking it, but then I remember that these knuckleheads look at the spec sheets and wave off Guzzi so no mercy for the unwashed..............  cheers  Razz    Then again, I was once one of those so I should have mercy...... Then I realize I found the truth on my own and so will they... Maybe my small actions will move them to the undarkside.....  pirat  Very Happy

Oh, lest I forget, I also changed my suspension settings to check out Sid rats. Bottom Line, MUCH better than what I had (see suspension setting thread)  I went with a little less damping on compression, but reset set the rebounds to Sids settings and compression to 2. I LIKE!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Well done, Sir; well done ... on the display. cheers

May have you reset mine now when next this way. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 16 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next