GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:18 am

I would have thought the greater revolving mass would hake the bike harder to change direction. You really notice it in single cyclinder dirt bikes. 450/500's want to keep going straight whereas 250's change direction muck easier.
Anywhoo I take Beetles "Nup" under his techical speak advisement say well done.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 am

While it does have more mass, it's not that much more. It's hundreds of grams, not kilograms.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:08 am

Butter @ the fishes Pete, how much euros would You suggest is 'not cheap'?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 am

Bring a bike to us in one piece and we will give it back to you in one piece, ready to ride for about $8K Oz.

If anybody wants to whine, or tell us that 'Their Mate' can do it cheaper I suggest they do it themselves or get 'Their Mate' to do it. Then we'll fix it and it will cost $20K!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

As I've been neglecting the Black Devil lately in favor of the sidecar rig loaded with the Mrs. and the Sidecar Queen, I decided to take the torque-y beast out for a bop up to Snoqualmie Falls today to take a couple of shots of the mist with my pinhole camera. Had a nice ride, but had to relearn how to steer it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm

GHTE wrote:
I would have thought the greater revolving mass would hake the bike harder to change direction. You really notice it in single cyclinder dirt bikes. 450/500's want to keep going straight whereas 250's change direction muck easier.
Anywhoo I take Beetles "Nup" under his techical speak advisement say well done.

Maybe sumthin' to do with a spinning gyro parallel to the frame and 90' to the frame ?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Need to think about it a bit Gregg. I do believe the GRiSO turns in better to the right in spite of the up hill camber (drive on left side in OZ) due to its directional roating mass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:35 pm

It's the other two massive flywheels at each end of the bike, weighing up to 20kg each that have the most influence with regard to turn-in resistance.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:58 am

What size film are you using in your pinhole Street?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

What's it sound like?

Would love to see/hear vid of that compo. cheers

Heck, you could call it a "smackdown" or "shootout" and be just like a moto-"journalist."  Wink

Bill

Bill, because we run dB killers the sound is a bit more low pitched but really nothing that stands out. Keeping the dB killer helps keep the max torque point lower in the rev range and probably limits top end *Power* buy some miniscule and irrelevant amount and since we don't give a fig about that, (Shock! Horror!) it works where we ride our bikes, on the road.

I'm sure that if the dB killer was pulled Mark could build it a map that would give it a few more top end horsies but since it really shines now in the 6,000-7,800 rpm range and the rev limiter jumps in at 8,250 what's the point?

One nice touch is the use of the power commander to give the choice of two maps. The 'Cruise' map for fuel economy and the 'Torque and damn the fuel consumption, can I get shares in an oil well' map!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:53 am

Wyno,

I'm shooting with my Fuji XE2 digital SLR fitted with a pinhole "lens". The "lens" is simply a back cap with a teeny, tiny hole and with the camera set in 'shoot without lens' mode. I bought the "lens" on fleabay. I believe the maker is in Israel. It could be done oneself, but the drill bit required would cost more than what I paid for this little gem, under $20 if I remember correctly. I'm getting some pretty interesting pictures, happy to post a few more if you're interested.  BTW, set at 400 ISO with about a 3 second exposure. Results may vary.

Do a Google search for "pinhole lens" for your particular camera. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one available.

Pete (Street)

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Here's a link for the pinhole lens I'm using.

Clicky

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:40 am

When you said pinhole I thought you might be using film. I didn't even think of a digital pinhole. When I'm taking serious photos I use an 8x10 inch large format camera. It's a pain to lug around but the pics are worth it. For me the digital is just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:09 am

Wyno,

I'd  love to see some of your 8 x 10 images. Photography is not my primary medium, though I do take pictures every day. I also do a lot of Photoshop stuff, but mostly for fun and for the amusement of other ghettoites. I finally gave in to the digital revolution, kicking and screaming after all of the local film labs went tits up. I make sculptures for a living, but documentation is really key to getting the next commission. So I'm always trying to become a better photographer and love discovering new ways to express my vision. Lately, this pinhole experiment has caught my fancy and the Fuji XE2 has made it so easy,  it's light and portable and has great optics, even through a microscopic aperture.

Pete

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:13 am

Pm me your address and I'll send you a couple of black and white contacts.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Installed — finally! — beetle’s map.

OK,OK, I was pretty much an observer.  All part of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a fun and productive hoot.  

More pix soon.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 am

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:47 am

Now you will think you have a brand new bike.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 am

Well the 1400 went on the dyno today. I'm sure Mark will elaborate but it performs exactly like we expected it would. Negligible extra power but a BIG boost in torque with a virtually flat 'Curve'.

Mission accomplished, without lies and bullshit!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:36 am

Dip at 6300 RPM is a Power Commander glitch. Red curve is a 5th gear run, blue is 6th.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 am

By comparison the last runs with the 1200 gave 96.6 RWHP and 71.5 ft/lbs. that was with a flat tappet Termi equipped machine.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:53 pm

I removed the evaporative canister this morning, fairly easy removal
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Finally got around to putting the GRiSO back together with a new exhaust system. Headers are from a dutch GRiSO rider who had replaced his system with the titanium Arrow headers. The silencer is from Papa Lazarou.

She looks like new once more. cheers

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 am

Bill Hagan wrote:
Installed — finally! — beetle’s map.

OK,OK, I was pretty much an observer.  All part of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a fun and productive hoot.  

More pix soon.

Bill

I missed this somehow but it's obviously a forgery as at least two of the blokes in the picture are under fifty! Razz

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Big Mike reckoned the toe pegs on my rear-sets were going to bugger my boots because of the rough knurling.

I said "she'll be right, mate", or something similar. Turns out she was most certainly not right.

So, I decide to make my own. Is this a step too far?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 36 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next