GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 am

Exactly!

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:31 pm

You guys crack me up, sound like the suspender snapping corn cob pipe brigade that Roper loves so well. "Fuck, them GRiSO's are ugly, sacrilege I say"
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Tee hee!

I still want to hit it with an axe.

Twisted Evil

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 pm

I had some adjustments made to the suspension today. So far so good! I'm not the fiddling type, but softening up the rear preload made a noticeable difference.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 am

Another day goes past without riding the GRiSO, that makes two weeks tomorrow! i am getting winter withdrawal and its mid summer!!
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:07 pm

I was getting a strange vibration around 4,000 RPM and it was getting worse to the point that I was feeling it in the grips. After imagining all sorts of disastrous scenarios I found myself with a free Saturday morning. The car went out into the drive and the GRiSO went up on the Becker-Technik stand.

Step one: Valve adjustment. All valves were fine, if a little loose. I set them all to spec. Spun the engine by hand and checked them all again. Done.

Step Two: Balance with CarbMate. This took a while because unlike my '75 Eldorado with carbs the GRiSO can be balanced at one RPM and go out when the revs change. I picked 4K and used the most sensitive setting. I got it eventually.

Step three: Reset TPS. My 10-year-old son was watching a Power Rangers marathon on the laptop but my needs come first. GuzziDiag booted right up even though the OTHER ten-year-old had switched to Windows 10 without my permission. Resetting the TPS was as difficult as pushing a button. I also changed the CO from 5 to 2. If the experts think this was a bad idea I can change it back.

Final step: Test ride. Horrible vibration was banished. Bike smooth and powerful at any rev. I toured the empty back roads for an hour and returned for lunch. I will head out to the local biker rendezvous after breakfast tomorrow to slouch around and be the only Guzzi there.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:21 pm

guzziownr wrote:
I was getting a strange vibration around 4,000 RPM and it was getting worse to the point that I was feeling it in the grips.  After imagining all sorts of disastrous scenarios I found myself with a free Saturday morning.  The car went out into the drive and the GRiSO went up on the Becker-Technik stand.

Step one:  Valve adjustment.  All valves were fine, if a little loose.  I set them all to spec.  Spun the engine by hand and checked them all again.  Done.

Step Two:  Balance with CarbMate.  This took a while because unlike my '75 Eldorado with carbs the GRiSO can be balanced at one RPM and go out when the revs change.  I picked 4K and used the most sensitive setting.  I got it eventually.

Step three:  Reset TPS.  My 10-year-old son was watching a Power Rangers marathon on the laptop but my needs come first.  GuzziDiag booted right up even though the OTHER ten-year-old had switched to Windows 10 without my permission.  Resetting the TPS was as difficult as pushing a button.  I also changed the CO from 5 to 2.  If the experts think this was a bad idea I can change it back.

Final step:  Test ride.  Horrible vibration was banished.  Bike smooth and powerful at any rev.  I toured the empty back roads for an hour and returned for lunch.  I will head out to the local biker rendezvous after breakfast tomorrow to slouch around and be the only Guzzi there.

I was at a local bike gathering place a while back & some suzuki/honda/kawasaki/yamaha riders came over to look at my Guzzi. One of their first questions was, ' You don't see many of those. Where do you get it serviced ?' When I said I do most of it myself with the help of the Forum. They were gobsmacked & wandered off. Too stunned to ask anything else.
Your mornings work, being able to service the bike yourself is one of the reasons why Guzzi's are such fun to own. cheers
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Took a ride on my usual haunt north of Sydney to a well known bikers road. Great day sun shining lots of nice bikes and GRiSO was on song. Highly recommend the Warrior burger at the Road Warriors cafe Mt White.
I saw a Bellagio that I thought was Ghezzi, same steel tank and similar mods. It was one gorgeous bike! Oh yeah I forgot to take photos Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Good onya!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Converted Duc wrote:
Took a ride on my usual haunt north of Sydney to a well known bikers road. Great day sun shining lots of nice bikes and GRiSO was on song. Highly recommend the Warrior burger at the Road Warriors cafe Mt White.
I saw a Bellagio that I thought was Ghezzi, same steel tank and similar mods. It was one gorgeous bike! Oh yeah I forgot to take photos Sad

Probably Moz.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:10 am

I would like to see a Bellagio in the flesh some day.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:43 am

Come home to Pappa!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:51 am

Door's open Bill. You and Kathi know that.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 am

ghezzi wrote:
Come home to Pappa!

You called?
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Last night I put the high Mistral on the bike.
Downloaded the new map, reset TPS & Auto Learning.
Started it but it was 8pm, dark & pissing down so I havn't taken it out yet.
(Today was a very damp & foggy morning - still is and it's 11am - so the bike stayed home Sad )

The bike idled nicely however it was too late to run it up to temperature, so I'll do that this arvo and tweak the CO trim if necessary.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:56 am

Decided to take a little 360 mile round trip to Guzzi Breakfast yesterday.  Left my home at about 0645 to make breakfast in Enumclaw at 0900 and arrived about 15 minutes late, but got there in time to order up with everyone already there.  It was good to get out on the GRiSO, but the headwinds on the way back to Moses Lake reminded me why the Stelvio is such a good tourer...

There was a pretty good turnout and breakfast was delicious as usual.  I didn't take many photos, but I did shoot some video.  Of course I haven't yet looked at nor edited the video, so here are some photos to start with.

Here's some obligatory Guzzi shots...

Decided to stop off in Vantage on the way home to stretch the legs on the bank of the mighty Columbia River...

It's still hot, and it's still awfully hazy from all of the smoke coming across from the fires up in Canada. This morning the skies are a little clearer, not nearly as bad as it was on Thursday and Friday.

After I have a look at the video, I'll post some up if it's any good.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Left the house at 6.15 this morning, fancied a cup of coffee at the coast, so 90 miles later, I'm at West Wittering, just past Chichester. Looked at the sea for a while, turned round and was home before anyone had noticed I'd left the house!!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Clancy wrote:
Last night I put the high Mistral on the bike.
Downloaded the new map, reset TPS & Auto Learning.
Started it but it was 8pm, dark & pissing down so I havn't taken it out yet.
(Today was a very damp & foggy morning - still is and it's 11am - so the bike stayed home Sad )

FINALLY got out on the GRiSO for a run.

Mistral sounds gooood!
GRiSO runs smooooth!
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 am

Well I have been on the racetrac a few weeks ago. Will go again next week in france, Chambley Circuit.
Back to top Go down
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:52 am

Rode mine over to the Brackley bike festival. Thousands of bikes there. I didn't see another GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 am

Rode up to Leona Valley near Palmdale California. Had a nice visit with my son and breakfast. Went out to ride and lost sight of him, blew the first turn off and lost him. Rode around for while but found the new Arrow pipe too annoying. When I got home I swapped back to the original muffler. Guess the loud pipe is not for me! At least I got a ride in.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Steve, I spotted a Sport in amongst your crowd! Once GRiSOs were hard to find, now it's the Sports - though at the last rally I attended there was 6, and 3 hit roos (including me). Go figure.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 pm

spotted these two beauties in the carpark last sunday at cairns swap meet[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 pm

One day next weekend I'll be taking Greg's GRiSO for a flog from Townsville perhaps we could meet up somewhere for a beer?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next