GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:50 am

I got to ride the GRiSO home from Bungendore!

It was a steamy 9°

I droned up the freeway.

I enjoyed it immensely.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:41 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 pm

I rode from Bright over Tawonga Gap to Mount Beauty for a pie and coffee. Then took the back way home via Rose White. The Day was so nice I decided to have a squirt up Mount Buffalo. Met with snow two thirds of way up but the road was passable. Couple of the darker corners were a tad tricky with ice. Net net it was well worth the deviation to be up on the mountain on my lovely 1100 in a winter wonderland.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Coming to the ragged fringe this year?

Absolutely!
In fact, I'm gagging for some mental health leave from both work & home, so I've already booked in over 2 weeks absence for a riding holiday to Bris Vegas.

I'll be leaving Thursday to go to the rally via Crookwell, Lithgow & Richmond, then up the Putty on Friday to the rally.
From there I plan to zig-zag all the way to the border, taking in the rest of Thunderbolts Way, Oxley Hwy, Waterfall Way, Gwydir Hwy & Bruxner Hwy.
Then spend some time tooling around the roads in the hinterlands either side of the border.
Furthest north ride will probably be a sentimental loop through Mt Nebo & Mt Glorious.
Then turn around & re-ride whichever of the roads I liked the best, but in the opposite direction  Very Happy.

Got some work to do on The Ranga first though.
As well as a service I need to replace the breather hoses, finally get the pretzel extended a bit so the Mistral Hi-Pipe fits properly without leaking, Startus Interruptus fix and replace the plug caps.

September can't come soon enough!
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am

220 miles beginning with a coastal route, heading through the endless twisting roads of the Galloway forest park to Kirkcudbright ... Stopped for Haddock Chips and Ice Cream, then headed home via the other roads through the forest park...sunshine all the way Bike washed dried and ACF'd...feet up and beer...top Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Washed it.

Don't do that much with water on my Guzzis, as one corroded ignition switch (on the EV) that strands one by the side of the road that leads to a tow will dampen -- so to speak jocolor  -- one's ardor for using H2O on a moto. Embarassed Sad

But, the sweet beast was filthy from head to toe from an all-day soaker on back roads, and deserved a (gentle) rinse, followed by a GRiSO version of a full-service spa ... minus a "happy ending." Wink

But this was as much for an overnighter I plan to do with it on Tuesday and Wednesday than in cleaning for cleaning's sake.

Anyway, I love that red thang. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

But, the sweet beast was filthy from head to toe from an all-day soaker on back roads, and deserved a (gentle) rinse, followed by a GRiSO version of a full-service spa ... minus a "happy ending." Wink

Shocked

A happy ending for a GRiSO is another thrashing to get it all hot & dirty again...

...but then you need to wash it again...

...and then...It's an endless cycle. I love you

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 pm

beetle wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:

Shocked

A happy ending for a GRiSO is another thrashing to get it all hot & dirty again...

...but then you need to wash it again...

...and then...It's an endless cycle. I love you

cheers

That is why I wash my bikes the day I buy them and the day I sell them. In between, not so much
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:10 am

Went for a ride to Lorne and back via Deans Marsh for lunch.No cars on the way down, but lots on the way back and all doing at least 10 -15 kmh under the limit. Didn't take any pics until I got home. Horsepower, real horsepower and cowpower.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:04 am

Fat Birds Don’t Fly :-)

1130hrs in the middle of Snowdonia Natio Park my ‘mate’ declared that he needed to be back to watch the Football at 1300hrs when a light bulb lit on the top of my head.

I was in the best biking roads around on a day that most of the English tourists would be in England and with a dismissive wave I set off to do 2 laps solo arriving home 292miles later with a sunburnt face.

Near Llangynog towards Oswestry is where I discovered that Fat Birds Don’t Fly. I attempted to power wheelie over a small picture postcard stone bridge and at 50mph I may have been carrying a bit too much speed, the front wheel arose as per plan but as the rear wheel unloaded the ol’ girl tried to rotate around the crank. I landed stood up, knees splayed, rear wheel first on involuntary full lock at which point the above mentioned rotation was arrested by the tyre hitting the ground, GRiSO straightened up and powered on.

Not today Satan, not today!
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 am

affraid
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:06 am

Good move using the roads instead of football......not sure playing Ballaugh Bridge was such a good idea but glad you made it !
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:32 pm

The football has been pretty good, but I am with you and would take a ride any day. A rugby test would have me torn however.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:58 pm

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 am

Love it Pete.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 am

Mounted a new front tire yesterday (Pirelli Angel ST) then had to go for a Dr appointment. By the time I got back it was to friggin hot to deal with the rear tire. I will mount that this Friday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 am

I wash my Motos for the same reason I wash my man tackle...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:11 am

Steak wrote:
I wash my Motos for the same reason I wash my man tackle...

...because you like to get it out for people?
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:48 pm

To remove the scabs that build up otherwise ?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Great ride at the "Top of Virginia" with these two blokes.... Great meeting up with Bill Hagan and another Guzzista from the area.

Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:15 pm

Got the EMC rear shock installed at long last. I'm not sure the preload adjuster is at its' permanent location but it sure is easily accessible.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:28 am

Always nice to get something from Italy for the GRiSO

Unpacked this

And put this on

Where it went on the tank was dictated by wanting to cover up the remains of the existing GRiSO 8V sticker. £18.99 delivered, very happy :-)
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 am

Street wrote:

Wouldn't that be "Mmmoooto Guzzi?"  jocolor

Seriously, I think that I've read that horses are more intelligent than cows, but the latter always seem interested when I ride by (or break down near them.  Sad Horses seem to care less.   scratch

Bill
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:23 am

I think I'm over horses for a while Bill. The landlord's horse snuck past me tonight as I was trying to drive in the gate and I had to chase halfway to the major highway at the end of our road. There could have been big prang followed by a lot of very lucky dogs in the area. Fortunately I was able to cut her off and get her turned around. Bloody sneaky things.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:20 am

Bulldog9 wrote:
Great ride at the "Top of Virginia" with these two blokes.... Great meeting up with Bill Hagan and another Guzzista from the area.

Here's my take on that mighty fine day, delayed in posting by visiting grands.  It's like being around four F5 tornados.  OMG.  Shocked

This is but an example of two at relative rest ...

Anyway, the four tempests have escaped the house, out to terrorize local wildlife, I suspect, so I can take a few moments to gather (my wits and) these pix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a great day with friends and Moto Guzzis.

Thanks, Steve & John.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 13 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next