GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bevel / CARC rust

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:48 pm

Replacing tires; Bevel box did not look like this 5000 miles ago, and this bike does not go out in rain. It looks like I’m a dipshit and have not reinstalled a gasket ring. What are my next steps here, please guys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:28 pm

What’s the problem? It’s got a bit of surface rust, it’s a dirty great two part steel component that has come into contact with moist air. That’s what happens.
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:34 pm

Thanks Peter; okay, it’s a tool not a jewel - but I still don’t like it on my bike. If it’s not a symptom of impending failure I’ll just get out the Brillo pad. Gasket’s ordered.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:57 pm

What gaskets are you ordering to change a tyre???

If the rust offends you just whizz it off with a wire brush in a drill and paint the inside of the crownwheel and the spindle boss with Rustoleum or some such. You do have the seal protecting dust shield that goes between the wheel and the box don’t you?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:58 pm

I think I mean dustshield, not 'gasket'. I've found one, and I'll remove the pea from under my mattress now Peter. Thanks Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:07 am

The dust seal is part #5 below

It simply keeps road crap from potentially damaging the seal. It won’t prevent rust. Check that it hasn’t stuck on the boss of your rear wheel, they often do.

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:14 am

Svartipants wrote:
Replacing tires; Bevel box did not look like this 5000 miles ago, and this bike does not go out in rain. It looks like I’m a dipshit and have not reinstalled a gasket ring. What are my next steps here, please guys.

perfectly normal

clean it with some unblocking spray and a brush, then periodically protect it with same unblocking spray or a little amount of oil/grease

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:37 am

Fucking italian machines... Rusting and falling apart [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bevel / CARC rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevel / CARC rust   Bevel / CARC rust Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bevel / CARC rust
Page 1 of 1