GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Crankcase ventilation canister removal.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mouser830
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mouser830

Crankcase ventilation canister removal.  Empty
PostSubject: Crankcase ventilation canister removal.    Crankcase ventilation canister removal.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:42 pm

I have a new to me 2015 GRiSO 1200SE. It has low miles at 1600. I am making mods as popular here. Full service, valves, etc. I will pull of the evap canister and connect the pipes from the tank to each other. I am off track of my Question. Has anyone taken the crankcase ventilation canister off? The system collects the oil to a drain tube and sends the airborne particulates the air cleaner. This is California EPA stuff but just adds to the carbon buildup on the intake valves and adds weight to the bike. I would pull a line off the crankcase and add a small filter in place. Similar to a PCV filter on a racing engine. Thanks guys for your thoughts. Scott.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Crankcase ventilation canister removal.    Crankcase ventilation canister removal.  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:44 am

Good luck with that !

a The plastic separator & associated pipes weigh jack-shit (compared to the weight of a GRiSO)
b A PCV valve will likely add just as much weight as the plastic separator; you still need to return 'separated' oil/emultion to the sump
c A 3rd party PCV with a valve in it might pressurise the crancase & do nasty things to oil seals etc
d Hypothetically you could 'just' route the 'separated gas' return from the OEM separator to atmosphere and block the airbox inlet; but then you might end up with oil coming out the pipe onto back of the bike
e To properly avoid oil going into the airbox, just keep the oil level at the lower end of the dipstick

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
mouser830
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mouser830

PostSubject: Re: Crankcase ventilation canister removal.    Crankcase ventilation canister removal.  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:47 am

Thanks for the information on this. I appreciate the experience and knowledge.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crankcase ventilation canister removal.    Crankcase ventilation canister removal.  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:59 pm

Moved this thread to Grisology.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crankcase ventilation canister removal.    Crankcase ventilation canister removal.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Crankcase ventilation canister removal.
Page 1 of 1