GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle Empty
PostSubject: New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle   New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:52 pm

Recently purchased a new Lithium battery.  Everything seems to have gone great (easy install, fires right up).  However, the two times I’ve ridden it a bit, I’ve noticed the red triangle appearing for a few seconds (some kind of skull and cross bones in the bottom of the speedo; sorry bad eyes) then it goes back out.  No noticeable affect, just happen to see the red triangle for a couple of seconds then it goes away.  I made sure my battery connections are tight.  Any ideas?  Could there be a ground issue?   Picture of battery is below:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle   New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:43 pm

Skull & crossbones? Sounds like the indicator warning light. There should be an arrow pointing to the side it's out.
The connectors can be a bit dicky and can cause issues even if you've never touched them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle   New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:54 am

I had exactly the same problem when I fitted a new lithium battery to mine Shocked (Though it may have had something more to do with encountering a pothole at speed that wiped out the tail tidy taking the indicators and number plate with it . . . scratch)

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steedracer
Carlotto
Carlotto
Steedracer

PostSubject: Re: New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle   New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:06 am

RedMogAndy wrote:
I had exactly the same problem when I fitted a new lithium battery to mine Shocked (Though it may have had something more to do with encountering a pothole at speed that wiped out the tail tidy taking the indicators and number plate with it . . . scratch)
Did you just put up with it and let it continue intermittently, or was there a fix? (And apologies for the skull and cross-bones comment LOL. My presbyopia is getting worse! Clearly it’s the lamp indicator warning. I’ll wear some readers next time and see exactly what is being shown in the display)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle   New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Lithium battery…now getting occasional red triangle
Page 1 of 1