GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dermot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dermot

1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Empty
PostSubject: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:15 pm

Hi all,

I couldn't find anything on a search which answered this question - apologies if I've missed something and unnecessary double up a post.

I'm looking at buying a sport 1200 with 8 valves (2008) which is not rollerised - ie, still has flat tappets.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the kit B (without the head gaskets) and do the mod without taking the heads off? I've done valve stem seals on a few different engines without taking heads off by using either compressed air or string in the combustion chamber.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:56 pm

Nope, the heads have to come off. When you remove the camboxes the only thing holding the heads down would be the two small bolts at the back of the camchain tunnel. Try compressed air and the head will simply lift.

Back to top Go down
Dermot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dermot

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate all the knowledge you have freely given on these bikes; so generous. If I may impose again, are the B or C kits still available?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:20 pm

Yup. Pretty sure we have a ‘B’ kit and the *Extras* needed to turn it into a ‘C’ kit in stock but I’ll have to ask Michael.

If we don’t I can order them from Europe.

Dermot likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dermot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Dermot

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:46 pm

Thanks for your reply, Peter.

For the purposes of purchase price negotiation with the seller and also for my budgeting, what's the rough price in Aussie dollars that I should budget for delivery of the necessary parts to metro Western Australia and what sort of time frame would I be looking at if the parts had to come from Europe vs you having them in stock?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Current exchange rate? Somewhere between $1,700-1,800 plus gst I’d reckon. Nil stock on ‘B’ kits ATM from my supplier. ‘C’ kits are out as well, I’ve just checked but a ‘C’ kit will be $2,300 when available.

Let me check what we have in stock. I’m pretty sure we’ve got a kit but I’ll need to check with Michael and he’s in hospital today and I don’t have access to the workshop at the moment.

When you rollerise you’ll need to remap as well. Easy using the Guzzidiag suite of tools.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:09 pm

Check yer PM’s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head   1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

1200 sport rollerisation - get away without removing the head
Page 1 of 1