GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100

Go down 
+2
motografando
Matias
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:29 am

It's sad, but unfortunately many times you believe your are relying in professional technicians that end up doing stupid mistakes, either by being dishonest or ignorants....
That's why many times - if I have access to reliable information, and the necessary tooling & skills- I prefer to do things myself.

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:36 am

it s perfectly true.
If you want a things be done carefully, do it yourself

the problem is that it needs:
time
space
tools
knowhow

Laughing Laughing

Anyway in the next days i want to refine the setting, hoping to get back more feeling with the bike when in turns [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
el capitan
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:47 am

I recently did the static sag test just standing behind the bike and pulling the C-bow carrier up: I should be quite in the ballpark of 15 mm, as it is less than 2 cm and more than 1 cm ...

I was so much looking forward to a long tour scheduled for months, that would have led me from Salzburg over Italy, Slovenia and Croatia up to Sarajevo. But with snow expected down to 1.500 MSL and 7-9°C we will postpone it. The weather-god hates me!
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:56 pm

el capitan wrote:
I recently did the static sag test just standing behind the bike and pulling the C-bow carrier up: I should be quite in the ballpark of 15 mm, as it is less than 2 cm and more than 1 cm ...

I was so much looking forward to a long tour scheduled for months, that would have led me from Salzburg over Italy, Slovenia and Croatia up to Sarajevo. But with snow expected down to 1.500 MSL and 7-9°C we will postpone it. The weather-god hates me!

let east-europe for the next summer and come to south italy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:25 am

"Anyway in the next days i want to refine the setting, hoping to get back more feeling with the bike when in turns"

If you increased the sag in the rear ,you might feel the bike resists a bit more lenning into the corners.
In that case you might need to lower the front a bit...
If the front sag is OK you can try dropping the forks a bit (more rings showing on the fork tubes). I did that on mine a couple of years ago and the difference was noticeable...
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:47 am

@Mathias: What is your setting for the number of rings showing on the fork?
Back to top Go down
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:33 am

Currently 4...
There's a pole about fork position in the forum:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:50 pm

Matias wrote:
"Anyway in the next days i want to refine the setting, hoping to get back more feeling with the bike when in turns"

If you increased the sag in the rear ,you might feel the bike resists a bit more lenning into the corners.
In that case you might need to lower the front a bit...
If the front sag is OK you can try dropping the forks a bit (more rings showing on the fork tubes). I did that on mine a couple of years ago and the difference was noticeable...

Despite the last spring i've used, i currently running with LESS sag.
Infact the bike seems clearly higher.

I think i can get more preload remaining in the correct range of sag. But before touching anything else i need to do some turns (this need a long ride because there isn't near my home)  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100   Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100 - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hyperpro shock for GRiSO 1100
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6