GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Barn find, Netherlands!

Go down 
+11
Jankes
kidsmoke
kindoy2
lcjohnny
Deepdive
sideshowbob
PilotJet
beetle
Tim Henry
Pete Roper
ErikdeBrabander
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:56 am

Reviews on youtube show pretty good results.
An other rainy day over here...
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:52 am

Erik, if you are concerned with being too old to ride, I should be pushing daisies. I'm 70 y/o and have no intention of giving up the GRiSO for a long time to come.
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:56 am

Just a lazy excuse to get me a Classic350 Laughing
Back to top Go down
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:50 pm

Eric, have you had a chance to put some k's on those Avons, and if so what are your thoughts? I'm particularly interested in how they behave on wet bitumen +/- wet dirt ( clay +-/ gravel) .

My ( new to me) GRiSO came shod with super sticky road tyres ( dulop sportmax alphas) , VERY much wasted on me and arguably dangerous over winter -I have to tackle a few km of wet clay between home and fun. My intention is to put them on a shelf until summer and fit either 90/10 adv rubber or something a bit more road biased like a michellin road 5/6. Trouble is, I have zero experience with modern road rubber - on my stelvio, I thought the anakee wilde was too road biased... I come from a dirt background but want to enjoy mostly road with the GRiSO.

I realise the avons are no longer in production, but I'm trying to get a feel for how a road biased adv tyre suits the GRiSO. Eg does the carcass and profile play well with the bikes chasis ?
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:47 am

Due to poor weather conditions I have not been able to make many miles on them.
I am not a tire expert and not a frequent driver to give a reasonable opinion but on reviews these avons seem to be very durable and are designed for those allroad bikes which have the same power output and weight as a GRiSO. Even an Avon tire finder showed this tire matching a GRiSO.

All I can tell you it is an easy tire making shifting directions much easier as the Michelins I had but then again, these tires were 9 years old and the rear one showed signs to have a slight flat spot.
When my bike received the Avons it run about 8500km which indicates the Michelins wear out faster as reviews of the Avon tells me which sould be in the 20k range.

And the bold looks made me chose them tough I am not a gravel pilot.

regards, Erik
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:55 pm

Richard wrote:
I am interested to have your feedback on the beeline II. Wonder how easy is the use of this GPS with the absence of itinerary overview ?

Congrats for your new purchased RE.

I took a 45min drive with the beeline and it's pretty easy and straightforward but it has some quirks.
-it does not navigate to the starting point of a gpx route. One should save the gpx on the phone, look up the starting location and navigate to it and activate the gpx file from there.
-when following the gpx route everything runs great, but when taken a wrong direction the display shows no reroute to the point of the mistake but it does show the distance and from the small ^ a straight dotted line. It's pretty clear one left the gpx route and one can drive back, but when the road is a one direction it could get a pretty hard error to deal with.
-On highway use it does show the bold white line and not the other directions. Basically this means if there is an arrow on your drive lane you should chose an other lane where there is no arrowto keep driving ahead.
-taking a direction switching lane on highway being warned by the warning light is very hairy experience. it warns at about 150metres but driving 100kmh=28m/s it is a last moment decision to change drive lane.

For highway use I definately have to get used to it and I do mis the lane assist used on google maps. A Carpuride W502 (a mirror of your phone display) might be a better choice for straightforward routing but the Beeling as a fun routing and it is able to make up it's own route if you give the lenght of drive you like to make.

It's a very nice device but I have to get used to it and I am aware it is a young company who designed this and firmware updates are fully automated.

regards,
Back to top Go down
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:38 pm

ErikdeBrabander wrote:
Due to poor weather conditions I have not been able to make many miles on them.
I am not a tire expert and not a frequent driver to give a reasonable opinion but on reviews these avons seem to be very durable and are designed for those allroad bikes which have the same power output and weight as a GRiSO. Even an Avon tire finder showed this tire matching a GRiSO.

All I can tell you it is an easy tire making shifting directions much easier as the Michelins I had but then again, these tires were 9 years old and the rear one showed signs to have a slight flat spot.
When my bike received the Avons it run about 8500km which indicates the Michelins wear out faster as reviews of the Avon tells me which sould be in the 20k range.

And the bold looks made me chose them tough I am not a gravel pilot.

regards, Erik

Thanks, I'm more interested in function than lifespan - ie how do they behave as they slide, and how does the profile suit the GRiSO.

But tyres are such a subjective thing, and I recognise my needs are unusual.

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:38 pm

I just installed dunlop sportmaxx on mine as it was quick install due to a rear puncture I will see if it equals the milage the shinko Ravens gave they had 11k miles
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:23 am

Thanks for the beeline II feedback. Interesting device. It looks like it has to be enhanced a little bit.
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:50 am

Hi Richard,
Here a small clip from the Motos at highway use. The urban mapping is very intuitive but the highway mapping needs some lane suggestions and a better route shown on the top screen IMO.
On an 8 lane highway this is very confusing which lane to get.
The only cheap alternative could be the Carpuride W502 which is basically a screen which clones your screen for your phone.

regards, Erik
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:08 pm

The lack of cartography is probably the reason of the imprecision. Outside motorways it might be more efficient.

Not sure I go for it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:49 am

This issue is only on the highway. Other than that it works like a charm shown on other vdos.
It needs to be fixed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barn find, Netherlands!   Barn find, Netherlands! - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Barn find, Netherlands!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4