GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
PJPR01
Willski
Speedfrog
Moto Guzzi virgin
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:37 pm

I must say the GRiSO is a much more attractive bike than the Honda.

GhostBullet, Clancy and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:00 am

BowraBoy wrote:
I must say the GRiSO is a much more attractive bike than the Honda.

There's 34 years between the two bikes Very Happy

My friend actually has two of them! That one is the half-naked 'RB' model, but he also has a fully faired 'RD' model too, which I think is the better looking of the two bikes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I respect the story behind the Honda though, and why it was released as their first homologation special. Is was the fastest production motorcycle in its day.

GhostBullet, Florida lime and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:23 pm

I rode it. Seems like ages since I was on it. Kinda is...it's been either too wet or too cold for months for this little black duck.

Nice Sunny Winters day, 19 degrees in the sensible scale. I could feel the burden and tensions of many weeks evaporating with every rapidly rising RPM.

I fucking love my GRiSO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi, GhostBullet, BowraBoy and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:49 pm

That's awesome.
I rode my mighty GRiSO today, started in fog 3 degrees, nasty. It cleared and slowly rose to 10... went Kaikoura for lunch and a tropical 15 degrees, the food was delicious, and the ride was the best soul food.
No doubt I'll have video filmed something that will end up on YouTube.
A GRiSO growling is the best thing between one's legs.

beetle and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 11, 2024 4:24 am

Random photoes of these 2 days of riding in my own territories 😁

GhostBullet and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:06 am

Yesterday I took Red Bike out for a decent 200km flog. The weather has been *Unseasonably* warm but that is the new normal. Despite me not having ridden it for a couple of months and only having started it a couple of times it ran like a champ. No pics because I’d left my phone at home! (Idiot!)

Today I took my GT out for a similar spin over some of my favourite local roads. Only got one pic because I was enjoying the 17*C temperature so much.

None visible in the pic but the Wattle is beginning to bloom, three weeks earlier than it used to. Not good. Not good at all.

MrBob, Clancy, kidsmoke, Svartipants and motografando like this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:26 pm

My ride continues through ionian coasts' most recessed corners, the roads on which i learnt the basics of riding a motorbike some years ago 😁

Very happy to discover that some of these old roads was recently reworked with new and fresh asphalt 🤣😁

GhostBullet, Clancy and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:25 am

A GRiSO growling is the best thing between one's legs.  [/quote]

Well, certainly better a growling GRiSO than a greasy growler...

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:35 am

Another 5k miles, changed all the oils, the filters and the DOT4 fluids, checked the valve gaps and road-tested without screwing-in the dipstick, because I’m a total dipstick. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing… what a mess. Missed a spot, and roared off to work in a cloud of smoke this morning.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Now a OILY Growler!!

I have left the cap loose before, noticed wet pant leg. I was in a hurry & didn't recheck.
Back to top Go down
850-Nero
Carlotto
Carlotto
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:06 am

Well now i have a proper workshop stand ive started a list of odd jobs. First being to do the upper and lower sump gasket and also give the sump a coat of paint - came out pretty good! The paint is the one from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- Duplicolor engine enamel. Its about a 95% match (last image is the finished product)

Next on the list is the repaint the side stand and plate, new fuel tank filter, clean out the air oil sepaerator (leaking badly) and new front fork seals.

Bill Hagan and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:24 am

When I had my 15 GRiSO I found rustoleum hi temp silver was a near perfect match

Bill Hagan and 850-Nero like this post

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:47 am

Moto Guzzi virgin wrote:
I finally found some indicators I liked and machined a cap for the rear wheel. The front has a day light running light with indictors, with the rear, a taillight, brake light and indicator all in the one light and they are very bright. you cannot have enough lights.

Hi MGV,
I really like those indicators. Where did you get them?
Cheers,
Simon.

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:21 am

From yesterday, a relaxing spin around apulian countries

Bill Hagan and Hyde73 like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:02 pm

Over the last few days...

Fixed the leaking front tyre. The valve stem had come loose, most likely due to FOBO sensor. The tyrefitter told me to "get rid of the stupid things". I obeyed.

Replaced my front brake lines. The HEL lines I had were a bit long, as well as having a 45 degree banjo fittings on the calliper end that didn't really work with the M4 Monoblocs.

I used Venhill Powerhose Plus lines and 20 degree banjos. Very happy.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke, Svartipants and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:45 am

Returned from the Ragged Fringe Rally.
Had a good long weekend with great weather.
Unfortunately the trip home involved a few rain showers and a multiple areas of roadworks, necessitating a 2 hour clean up.

kidsmoke, Svartipants, motografando and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:36 am

Your number plate placement looks even less legal than mine on Yellow Bike! Laughing Well done!

Bill Hagan and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:31 am

Saturday, another good but short ride over secondary paths around there

Bill Hagan and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:56 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Your number plate placement looks even less legal than mine on Yellow Bike! Laughing Well done!

never noticed, 'tail tidies' aren't a thing in Oz?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:41 pm

kidsmoke wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

never noticed, 'tail tidies' aren't a thing in Oz?

Well they are but they aren’t all entirely legal. In NSW for instance the plate is supposed to be illuminated by a white light. On my bike I just have the plate tucked up under the rear light like Mark’s with no extra lighting so it’s not strictly legal. I think the angle at which it sits may not be upright enough to pass legal muster.

As it is it’s unlikely you’ll get picked on it unless you’re caught acting the goat or give any copper who pulls you over lip but it’s worth being aware of.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:46 pm

I got a light on mine, and the angle is legal.

Pink slip dude checks it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:33 pm

Let’s just say that my ‘Pink slip dude’ is, errr? Very accomodating. Laughing

Also I don’t ride after dark as a rule because of the vast number of enormous macropods that inhabit the Southern Tablelands so rear plate illumination isn’t really an issue.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:44 pm

I too, choose not to ride at night due to Macropus Giganteus.

No

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:59 pm

I’m waiting to see a really huge one as fresh roadkill that I can park next to safely and grab a pic so that the foreign types can see exactly how serious hitting one of them could be. Right at the moment the area seems to be verminous with six-footers. The idea of bouncing off one of them chills me!

Oh, and for any locals the Bungendore-Tarago road is particularly dangerous for them at the moment. I’ve had close encounters with two big bastards in the scrub just past the lake and TSR about 8Km from Bungendore. Dunno what’s attracted them there but they’re in the scrub in significant numbers and liable to hop out at any time of day or night. The road surface is also really crap so it’s really worth taking it easy. That is not made easy by the large numbers of impatient prime movers dragging containers of Canberra’s rubbish to the Woodlawn tip! They don’t like motorcyclists cautiously dawdling along at 80KPH!

Just as icing on the cake that stretch also has a lot of deer that escaped off one of the properties by the lake a few years ago!

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:55 pm

Pete, so it's definitely true that in australia everything is trying to kill humans? Laughing

Here the most common problem we have is with wild boars that caused an huge number of incidents especially during the night.
Any other type of encounter with big wild animals is very rare.
Some weeks ago i encountered two young deers behind a turn on a mountain way near my hometown, fortunately i was at 30 kmh. There was the second time in my life i've found deers on the way.
And maybe one time i saw a wolf (which are more common to see when i ride mountain bike).

Except for wild boars that are annoying, all others are, for me, nice moment during my rides.

Bill Hagan and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 38 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next