GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 pm

I was finally able to get out for a short ride today after suffering from gout in my right wrist since Wednesday. I too will be getting a new rear in the very near future, as soon as my first pay check from working 4 days a week arrives. The rear has 18,500km on it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:26 am

Jeez Wyno, how do you get that mileage on the Pilot Road 5's. I only got 4,500Ks on my 1100 and 3,200 on my Multistrada.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:26 am

PS the tyres were very squared odd and also scalloped on the sides.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:04 am

Gave the GRiSO some love yesterday.  I've owned the bike since 2015, and have put about 8K on it, but the lure of other Guzzi Models has distracted me from doing more than oil changes and a Beetlemap. The bike ran so well and was so perfect in every way, I was afraid to mess it up ;-) I havent even taken the tank off... I just replaced the tires a few weeks ago, and finally put on the rear fender eliminator kit. Still havent done the swing arm bearings, but that will come.

Oil & Filter Change
Trans Fluid Change
Rear Diff Fluid Change
New Plugs
Valve Adjust
Air Filter
Checked TB balance (was spot on)
Removed the Agostini by-pass & replaced it with the Stock Pretzel pipe. AG pipe robbed low and mid power.
Reset TPS & Learning parameters & cycled the stepper

Gonna give it even more TLC by taking it out and trash it on a long ride tomorrow....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:38 am

Last night started fitting a generic tail tidyand half way along ended up machining most of it anyway to fit.
Machining up indicator mounts tomorrow to finish it off.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:01 am

GHTE wrote:
Jeez Wyno, how do you get that mileage on the Pilot Road 5's. I only got 4,500Ks on my 1100 and 3,200 on my Multistrada.
I'm 2 years younger than you, but I must be riding like an old man.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:22 am

Nothing. I did, however, take take Roper's embiggend Stelvio for a logging run (I have been adjured to remap same).

Egads!

That's all I have to say about it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Stock shock again Lake Tapps, WA. The Wilbers spring was a 165.  Where can I order a replacement spring? thank you.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:03 pm

I went for a great little 180km jaunt around some local roads for the first time this spring! Beautiful day, saw the first lizards of spring, it was 18*C and it wasn't even blowing a gale.

Got back to Bungendore and got to ride a V85.

Life is good!
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Went to the MGNOC Ohio Buckeye Rally yesterday. Met several awesome people including Bill Hagan and twisted my way through about 250 miles in the hills with Tim (Nobleswood). Perfect weather and great riding despite the fact that before the end my rear tire was beginning to show some threads. 😬

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:32 am

Rode the Eldo to a local gathering in Palisades NY and parked next to a GRiSO. Yours?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Took a nice ride with my darling wife, went to an orchard for some local apples and pears, and a slow meander through the countryside.

Upon our return, I took off the starter and removed the solenoid to see if I could figure out why the starter doesn't stay engaged. It engages, and then the bendix drops out while the started motor continues to spin. Unpleasant sounds are emitted. After several attemprs, it eventually starts. Some day it may not. Shocked
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:09 am

wahoo... went for a ride through the mountains
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]20190903_141847 by Neil Morgan, on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]48669791906_82e6dd6b42_o by Neil Morgan, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Got back to Bungendore and got to ride a V85.

Dare I ask, what did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 am

As I've said elsewhere it is a motorbike that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I enjoyed it, (I was genuinely surprised, I didn't think I would be.). It is not characterless or anodyne and is enjoyable to ride. It's biggest issue is it's horrible 'Poverty Pack' suspension but most owners seem fine with it.

I'll buy one when it gets a decent top end but I can see them selling a fucktonne of them to Geezers who can't ride GS boxhead bikes any more and hate chains and yellow people.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:26 pm

knumbnutz wrote:
wahoo... went for a ride through the mountains

Cool
Back to top Go down
Joeker80
Carlotto
Carlotto
Joeker80

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:46 am

My father and I went riding through the North Georgia mountains this past weekend. I was on my Norge and he was on his Cali 1100 EV. There was no shortage of awesome roads for motorcycling. If you live in the SE US, then you have got to check it out the riding up around Helen, GA.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Frustrated at not being able to do much because of my current cardiac issues I threw caution to the wind and went out for a run around the houses before the rain came in.

Every time I take this machine out it amazes me how enjoyable and competent it is. I've been riding GRiSO's for thirteen years now and it never gets old. Nothing they have done since the launch of the 8V in 2008 comes even remotely close. Truly a 'Bike of Ages'. Why they didn't sell in greater numbers I'll never be able to fathom.

Pete
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:03 am

Glad you got out Pete!! Did they "Wrench" on you yet? I been wondering. Couldn't find a thread for it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:54 pm

Go in on Wednesday for the Cardioversion which is where they shock my heart back into sinus rhythm. It's an overnight stay and doesn't sound like much fun but nobody ever said getting old was fun!

Pete
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:11 pm

Pete -  Atrial fibrillation runs in my family.  Cardioversion wasn't bad as long as they knock you out when they do the procedure.  Only issue I had the first time was a slight burn mark around the metal contact they stuck to my chest to ensure a good connection.  The worst part was being told to avoid alcohol for a month while taking a medication that reduced the odds of a repeat performance.  I can't imagine it would be any fun to be awake when they shock you hard enough for you to flop up off the gurney.  My wife was definitely impressed.  Shocked

I was "afib free" for a couple of years until I learned the hard way that drinking very cold drinks (think "brain freeze") can trigger an afib episode.  One more reason to drink margaritas on the rocks vice the frozen variety.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:13 pm

.... and stay fresh cheers

Pete, wish You all the best!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:59 am

Prepping for the Fringe, I did battle with my Stucchi Luigi rack. The battle raged on the three fronts;
Rack, Mistral & Guzzi pannier mounts all fought each other and me. The Mistral didn't like being disturbed. The Stucchi rack furiously fought to stay unmounted, and the pannier mounts were passive aggressive.

It didn't help that I seem to have put all the mounting hardware in a safe place. So safe, in fact, that I obviously kept it secret from myself. Some wee brackets had to be fabricated, too.

What a fun day!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:57 am

Pete, Good Luck on Wed, they have it to a science these days. You'll be OK for the next go around. My neighbor just got a pacemaker. You'll make use of the sidecar rig, good therapy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Cardiologist changed his mind! No Cardioversion for me on Wednesday! I just wish they'd make their bloody minds up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 6 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next