GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO über alles!

Go down 
+7
plantboy
LBC Tenni
DungeonMaster
Street
Grisonut
Chriso
Steak
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:30 am

If you can sprechen sie Deutsch, here's a nice comparo of our beloved GRiSO and the would be imitator BMW 9t...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Chriso
Carlotto
Carlotto
Chriso

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Jawohl! Ein Männermotorrad!  cheers The suspension on the BMW is a bit soft but has a slight advantage in the braking-department. The BMW is 9 Kilo's lighter, but only if you keep the stock-exhaust on the GRiSO.  Although the recent hat-fashion in Austria is disturbing..
Back to top Go down
http://prolistingmedia.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:38 am

Sounds about right...
I just put an aftermarket slip on to my GRiSO and I weighted the stock one for fun: 19 pounds.
The aftermarket one is 6lbs with its intermediate pipe. lol
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:09 am

I can't understand enough of the German, but Esther speaks it fluently so I forwarded this to her for translation. A waste of time probably - the gist of it is that the GRiSO is clearly the best!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Chriso
Carlotto
Carlotto
Chriso

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Well, I wouldn't say "clearly the best". The BMW is still a fine piece of German Engineering with a capable motor. The weak points of the BMW is the soft stock rear suspension and needs a bit more effort to get it to turn. The stock brakes on the BMW are superior.

The GRiSO is easier to turn and feels more stable in tighter turns.

And as everything.. it is in the eye of the beholder.

And yes, personally I prefer the GRiSO, too..
Back to top Go down
http://prolistingmedia.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:39 am

So if you remove the brand name bias and just post those two descriptions guess which one I would take? Smile
You guessed it.

DM
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:20 am

I made my own 9T well before the Bavarians!

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:23 am

And the ugly duckling that was transformed:

Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:01 am

Welcome LBC T, i used to own an original K100 RS but always fancied the little triple as well. You have certainly done a nice build on yours - looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:48 pm

I also had a naked K100 in '86. Loved the look, hated the ride.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:46 pm

The old K bikes are definitely a different species of cycle, not appreciated by all. Before I added a Staintune pipe, the beast was totally silent. It's now barely loud enough to trigger hypersensitive car alarms. That's my test. If it doesn't trigger the occasional car alarm, the cagers can't hear you.
But I find that the way mine is set up, it handles sublimely. I can drag knees with the fastest new Jap bikes and there is zero vibration right up to the rev limit. The engine is a masterpiece. The krauts do some things very well, that are not immediately apparent to everyone. My guess is that they stopped building this engine because the production costs crossed a line. They haven't built an equal engine since. The engine in the K100 was not as well balanced. Only the K75 deserved the nickname "flying carpet".
Back to top Go down

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:18 am

That was an exercise in taking a heavy piece of shite and making it into a slightly lighter piece of shite! pig  (says the pot calling the kettle 'black')

Actually, I have a bit of a soft spot for threesomes, I mean triples..................
I had a Daihatsu Charade once.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:53 pm

There is another video from 1000PS, where you do not have to understand german. Turn your speakers on and just listen to the GRiSO ...

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Big G for the win! cheers
Back to top Go down
55tburt
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
55tburt

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:33 am

I'm inspired to show off my K75s

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Nice. Get a rorty pipe for that beast..... Smile
I did hear one with a open pipe once and it sounded Sooooo Goood!

DM
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:04 pm

[quote="LBC Tenni"]I made my own 9T well before the Bavarians!

nice work I like Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO über alles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO über alles!   GRiSO über alles! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO über alles!
Page 1 of 1