GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:54 am

Bourbon?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 am

But of course!

drunken

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:02 am

Bellygoot !

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:59 am

Fuck, don't ya hate it when that happens. Glad all I have is oil leaks.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Fixed, for now. It's temporary, as I plan on replacing all the blinkies soonest.

BA9S SMD LED 'globe'. White, 'cos I couldn't find an amber one locally.

Allegedly CANbus safe. Bwahahahahahaha! No. Rolling Eyes

Tight fit.

But of amber lens off and old blinker. Masterfully trimmed to fit. Cool

15Ω 50W resistor I had lying about...

Works! cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Nice save!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:25 pm

7 degrees yesterday, 20 today..... I braved the cold of the garage and moved the trickle charger to the GRiSO....... I literally heard it say WTF??? lol. I'm not sure if that is a complaint about the cold or that I have been riding the Stornello exclusively the last few months..........
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Took the 1100 for its first full ride on the Stelvio shock.
The trip required the obligatory coffee meeting in Bright for 9:00 am whilst the troops shuffled in.
We decided to go to the Eskdale Pub (15 kms shy of Mitta Mitta) via the Tawonga Gap and Lockhardts Gap. This leg is about 135kms. The return trip via Myrtleford via Rosewhite is a tad over 100kms.
The shock was just great. Its firmer spring and slightly longer length alters the bikes forward/aft attitude. This equates to an improved turn in rate. In addition the spring is more progressive giving a softer/less harsh response to bumps and lumps in the tarmac.

I must also say that the the Beetle map has given me a significant improvement in fuel range.
Previously I was routinely using 5.3-5.5 litres per 100Kms. On this trip, and note we were sitting on 115/120kms on the flats the bike used circa 4.5/4.6 litres per 100kms. I guess being 34/36C helped with the fueling. None the less this is exceptional, especially when you factor in the riders weight currently over 115kgs.
Over all a great ride albeit a tad toastie partially ameliorated by a quencher at Mytrleford for our end of ride de-brief-read bench race BS session.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:32 pm

Over 115
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:37 pm

118.5 farebro if you must know. Not good so dont raise it when we catch up in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Too many of those pastry snail tarts mate ?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 am

The temperature has risen to a heady 10 degrees C , so I thought I'd go for a ride. Bike wouldn't start! Loud clunk from the starter motor, even though the battery is new and I had it hooked up to a running car for extra juice.
I carried out the started bypass mod with a kit from MPH a few years ago, but it seems the non start issue has returned!!
Connections are tight and clean, is there anything else to try?
I'm pretty pissed off with it at the moment.........
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:54 am

Will it start if you shunt around the starter circuit with a direct feed to the solenoid trigger? Does the dash die when you hit the button?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 am

If the hotwire bypass doesn't work and you still get a clunk. Put bike in gear and push it forward, if you hear the starter gear meshed w/flywheel ring gear going around pull out starter and bench test it. I had one of the new starters fail a few weeks ago. Starter pinion is stuck out and doesn't spin. No parts for the Chinese starters. Replaced w/Valeo after only 5yrs.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Oh, and if you haven't done this before don't go poking about around the solenoid with a live wire! That way lies tears and the gnashing of teeth!

Get a length of insulated wire, it doesn't have to be heavy duty, it's not going to carry huge current, and put a spade connector on the end. Then pull the wire from the loom off the solenoid and plug your length of wire on. Now with the seat off simply touch the other end of your wire to the battery positive. You'll get a spark when it connects but the starter should then spin. If you have the ignition on the bike should start. If the starter doesn't spin the engine or you just get a 'Clunk' of the bendix throwing the pinion into engagement and nothing else it's time to pull the starter.

Before you pull the starter disconnect the battery!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am

nice 100 mile ride in near spring like weather, until I met a farm tractor coming at speed the wrong way up a one way lane. then I dropped it, after a full emergency stop. scraped head cover and two other minor dings. the tractor driver went round me and pissed off. arse, feck etc.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am

Ouch! Hope you weren't hurt, Papa. Bastard could have at least stopped to help, or apologize for being a dick!

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

Arse!

Mad

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Met Pete at the Bright Brewery last evening with his refugee mate from Townsville (escaping the floods) and had a quick couple of Whitbeers. We then exchanged his loaner CARC for my rebuilt one (new main bearing).
This morning I put the bugga on and Pete is off to Wagga to catch up with Mr and Mrs Beetle.
Safe trip guys and thank you for lugging the blessed CARC on your GRiSO all the way down here.
Now to go ride!!!.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 am

Hopefully it will all be good. If not you still have the 'Loaner'.

Peter and I had a great ride over the mountains, then a great meal in Bright and a quiet night.

Today we rode up to Wagga. The first bit from Bright to Yakandanda is brilliant, after that it was a bit boring but Peter and I arrived shortly to be Joined by Jude and Kerri who had driven up from Bunged end. I managed to walk nearly five miles today! Albeit on pretty flat ground! Perhaps the new drugs really will help!

Anyway, tonight we had another brilliant meal in Wagga with Mr. and Mrs. Beetle and co. I thought since they are all loosely associated with Motomoda the taxman could pay for it! Swinish capitalism at its very best!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm

After trying to start the B'strd bike, I rocked it forward and back whilst in gear. Back into neutral, pushed the button.
She fired up 1st time! Cheers GuzziSteve!
Warm weather promised for Sunday, I can't wait, first ride since October.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]P1110723 by James Lloyd-Williams, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:33 am

It looks like the winter has gone this weekend. Springtime mid of February makes no sense but this is the way it is Suspect

Nice landscape. Hope you had a wonderful time Wink
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm

went for a quick ride, last day of summer and all that....
got rained on...
sigh.
Back to top Go down
Ranga
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Ranga

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:52 pm

On Thursday evening I drove to my sisters home in Melbourne, so On Friday morning I could catch a flight to Canberra, where Pete Roper picked me up. He took me to Michael's place and I purchased Michael's GRiSO. I rode the 800 odd KM home Friday and into the wee small hours of Saturday morning.
The GRiSO performed flawlessly. I didn't do so badly myself.Yesterday was a variety of Family chores. Today I will attend to my homework and clean my GRiSO. This should give me a clear Wednesday to go GRiSO riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 35 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next