GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

[Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre

Go down 
+6
NorthernProducer
sideshowbob
Street
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Bill Hagan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

[Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Empty
PostSubject: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:58 am

We are in Manarola in Italy’s Cinque Terre.  I am living (albeit barely) Kath’s dream of visiting and hiking here, after a warm-up week in the Donauthal area of SW Germany.  Lordy.  

Anyway, yesterday, on the way to the beginning of the latest version of the Bataan Death March, I spotted a GRiSO with Finnish tags.  Lots of mods I did not recognize.  I left a card on it but have not heard back yet.  On the bright side, it did give me a brief break from the daunting ascent.

Here a few pix that give some idea of that GRiSO … and my “life” with Simone Legree here and around Tuttlingen.  BTW, only other Guzzi I have seen was a Cali 1400 in Würzburg.

Naturally, I provide too many pix; I assure you, however, that I could do MANY more. Wink

Pix follow.

First, here in Italy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If this keeps up, I'll never get back to the U.S.  Shocked  

Now, a few from SW Germany …

I am beginning to worry that Kathi is trying to kill me with hiking before my term life insurance ends!   Sad

Yes, I bought a Harley short.  I feel so dirty.

But the roads there, at least in the Donauthal, were grand.

Ciao!

Bill

P.S.  Had supper last night at a local place. A nice young couple from Melbourne were at an adjacent table.  She was so absolutely stunning it was difficult to focus on eating.  Really.  Regrettably, no pix of her.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:12 am

Great Pics Bill & looks like you are having a great time....pity Guzzi don't do Tutlingen shirts though !
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 am

Ahh yes, 'That Bloke'. He turned up on one of the boards I frequent several years ago and I expressed my loathing and distaste for the silly Millipercento offerings saying that they were neither clever or, IMHO, well engineered. I also questioned the feasibility of getting the 'Claimed' power and torque out of said POS when it was still running a twin plate clutch designed for a maximum of 76 RWHP.

His reply was that I was obviously jealous because I could never afford such an over-priced and underperforming turd.

The conversation stopped at that point. I wonder if his penis has got any bigger in the intervening years?

It would have to be the same bloke, there can't be more than one smug asshole on a junker GRiSO in Finland.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Great pics, Bill! Try to keep up!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Look up bastardized in the dictionary and there would be a picture of that MPC.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Looks like you are surviving all the hiking and walking, Bill...good for you. Trust me, I won't be showing any of this to my wife! BTW...why does Kathi look SO MUCH YOUNGER than you... Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Wife and I hiked the Cinque Terre several years ago. Beautiful country and warm people but strenuous due to all the elevation changes. Also kind of treacherous in the rain as many of the trail get slick when wet. During my tip I saw mostly scooters and my first Guzzi sighting was in Florence. No Grisos were in sight but it was a brand new model at that time.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Have fun Bill, looks like a great vacation!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 am

ah, just missed you Bill... I only just left the boat in Genova last week.... have been up and down the coast for a while... C-T is a great place to hang out, except for all the up and down hill walking Smile
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 pm

I had a great time touring Italy with my family a couple of years ago. I was surprised that Moto Guzzis are as apparently rare there, as they are here! I saw one GRiSO outside of Luca on a roundabout and thats it.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm

All of the Italian GRiSOs are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre   [Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

[Finnish] GRiSO Sighting in Cinque Terre
Page 1 of 1