GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Yellow GRiSO Sighting

Go down 
+10
Oz1200Guzzi
MalG
Bulldog9
Papa Lazarou
wardentm
Pete Roper
Dilliw
boxerscott
NorthernProducer
Bill Hagan
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Yellow GRiSO Sighting Empty
PostSubject: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 pm

So, this past weekend, stopped in on the annual North Carolina Guzzi gathering at Cruso.

Saw this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Knew Sam Baker (Dallas) had one a few years ago, but a cager took it -- and almost Sam -- out two or three years ago.

Think this one belongs to Mark Tenney, the N.C. MGNOC rep for many years, but failed to confirm that. Wonder how he got it that way as none sold in that livery in the U.S.  Only one I’ve seen “in the flesh” since visiting a dealer in Conegliano, Italy, 10 years ago.  I like it.

More about that “Guzzis on the Blue Ridge” event and my ride on my EV to Atlanta (where its odo turned 100K miles) here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill

P.S.  Some NZ content for the observant or terminally bored in that slideshow.   Wink

Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Interesting color on a GRiSO...like it better on a Vette, but it certainly looks much like the "safely yellow" on emergency vehicles I've seen. Maybe that is why they never offered it here in the USA?
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Needs both barrels if you ask me.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Check the tenni saddle on there. I told Mark that those were cheap right now so he ordered one. The complete saddle is $106 USD from AF1.

Mark's GRiSO was the first one I saw in person. He had it painted as the yellow was never available in the U.S. If you see that bike look fast; not many folks can keep up.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:03 pm

I really liked my yellow 1100. Never felt the need to change its colour, it was near perfect.

The paint on the 1200 is getting a bit tired, I might go yellow with that next time....

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:58 am

yellow is the future......
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:16 pm

I am wary about admitting to this august group -- especially in August when many Northern Hemis find it too hot to ride, and most South'n Hemi's are too cold and wet to do so, thus all are in crabby moods and itching to pull their flamethrower triggers! Razz -- that I am drawn to this, one of which is for sale pretty darn cheap at the local Guzzi (and RE) dealer, Winchester Motosports:

Yes, I have ridden the (red) demo, and understand (some of) its limitations, but most of those are near irrelevant (or even positives) on some of the paved cowpaths here.  Besides, that yellow calls to me as did ...

Hmmmmm.  Kathi sometimes lurks to see what I've posted, so Id better refrain from romantic analogies of my distant past.  Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I like the blonde RE.  Wink

And, of course, the “mustard” that slathers the “hotdog” on my 100K+ mile HDM EV still makes me smile.

Bill
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:54 pm

the_doctor wrote:
yellow is the future......
Wondrous, I love these bikes. I sold my Uly with the 1203 cc thunderstorm lump because I was always searching for another gear 5 was not enough for a tour. Again wondrous design. I hope to re visit.

Great picture.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:59 pm

G'day Bill
Notice the RE cafe still has maintained the kick start, no 'startus Interuptus' here if the electric leg fails .......
Have a great day
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:16 am

The RE 535GT is one of the most fun bikes I've ridden.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:15 am

Bill,

Additions are authorized, substitutions and replacements............ probably not so much ;-) RE's are nice for nostalgia and the occasional romp.

Bill Hagan wrote:

I am wary about admitting to this august group -- especially in August when many Northern Hemis find it too hot to ride, and most South'n Hemi's are too cold and wet to do so, thus all are in crabby moods and itching to pull their flamethrower triggers! Razz -- that I am drawn to this, one of which is for sale pretty darn cheap at the local Guzzi (and RE) dealer, Winchester Motosports:

Yes, I have ridden the (red) demo, and understand (some of) its limitations, but most of those are near irrelevant (or even positives) on some of the paved cowpaths here.  Besides, that yellow calls to me as did ...

Hmmmmm.  Kathi sometimes lurks to see what I've posted, so Id better refrain from romantic analogies of my distant past.  Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I like the blonde RE.  Wink

And, of course, the “mustard” that slathers the “hotdog” on my 100K+ mile HDM EV still makes me smile.

Bill
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Yes, I have ridden the (red) demo, and understand (some of) its limitations, but most of those are near irrelevant (or even positives) on some of the paved cowpaths here.  Besides, that yellow calls to me ...

Bill

Wary? - "Don't you worry about that", Bill (sorry, an in joke here in Oz) - you are a man of taste & discernment. The yellow GT is the best looking of the bunch, which provide oodles of unadulterated fun. Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Nike it Bill!
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:51 am

NorthernProducer wrote:
Interesting color on a GRiSO...like it better on a Vette, but it certainly looks much like the "safely yellow" on emergency vehicles I've seen.  Maybe that is why they never offered it here in the USA?

As all US residents probably know (and everyone else finds crazy), vehicle/transportation laws are a jealously-guarded 'States Right'. So regulations vary by State.
For a few years in the 80's Florida banned white-fairings on factory bikes.
My local Honda dealer had great difficulty foisting-off a couple of white-fairing CBX's to a dealer in another State.
Nobody could sell those complex over-engineered things at the time, and he was still doing 'favors' for that dealer years later....

Things have changed: I've seen some Asshat on an ex-police bike, dressed the part, and with 'POLISH' on the screen.
Not sure if that's related to detailing or ethnicity  Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 pm

jeremyb wrote:

Things have changed: I've seen some Asshat on an ex-police bike, dressed the part, and with 'POLISH' on the screen.
Not sure if that's related to detailing or ethnicity  Mad Evil or Very Mad

Careful, I am married to a Polish girl.  Even headed to a Zabawa festival in Erie, Pa., later this month. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  According to that site (and Google Translate), "The literal translation of Zabawa into English is fun."  I have to admit -- no doubt stemming from my German and Irish genes -- to enjoy annoying Kathi and all her Polish relatives by calling it "Zimbabwe."

As you know, most jurisdictions prohibit blue lights and other police livery.  See, e.g., Florida's law: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Number (7)(b) is interesting, too.   Wink

I became almost intimately acquainted with these rules when our neighborhood bought a Crown Vic a few years ago and dressed it up as intimidatingly as we could without violating Georgia's law on marking non-cop cars.

Wish we'd vetted the abbreviation a bit better, as, on delivery to the Inman Park Christmas Party, a drunk stumbled outside and shouted, "IPP? Hell, I pee pee, too."   jocolor  Rolling Eyes

Bill

P.S.  Would never replace my Guzzis with anything, but the Cafe RE looks like fun.  The CFO -- that same Polish woman -- likes it, too, so who knows.   queen  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:34 pm

There's something about the sound of a long stroke single alone in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:57 pm

A long stroke single anytime is good, especially through an open reverse cone megaphone...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Mal, I think we all enjoy a long stroke when alone in the forest. What a Face

jocolor

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Ha! Touche.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Bill, in case you're still tempted by the yellow Enfield. This one is not too far from you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 pm

yeah but the SOUND of a long stroke in the forest???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow GRiSO Sighting   Yellow GRiSO Sighting Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Yellow GRiSO Sighting
Page 1 of 1