GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel range

Go down 
+20
Spaceknight
Tolle09
Street
Omnis
tocino
Blue
little750
The Saint
Oz1200Guzzi
Triman023
Charlie J
Grisonut
Tod.
ronbo10
bikesnbones
Steak
Pete Roper
garyclem
beetle
Converted Duc
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Fuel range - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:24 pm

I think you need to give up on the kiss. He's clearly a hater, not a lover. Try to concentrate on a new way to rape the wallets of all the frightened Guzzi owners.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:45 pm

bikesnbones ...... it might be best if you found somewhere else to share your enjoyment of all things GRiSO, the Ghetto may not be right for you. Pete and Mark aren't perfect by any stretch and, yes, from time to time they are "overly generous" with opinion that isn't necessarily endorsed, often simply ignored ............. BUT, the free thinking rational people here know that both these blokes have been extraordinarily generous in terms of the positive contributions (time, experience, advice, money, professionalism) they have made to the GRiSO Ghetto ......... not just mapping, not by a long shot. And I know that both Pete and Mark have often refused to accept any money for the stuff they do for us ......... I don't understand whats 'floating your boat' 
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Bugger! Have you any idea how hard that is? The average Guzzi owner can peel and eat an orange without taking their hands out of their pockets!

Damn! There goes my retirement in the Seychelles.

Pete
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:40 am

Hey bikesnbones have you tried a Beetle map, before you became an arsehole I am sure he would have sent you one free for your bike and if you didn’t like you could have gone back to standard. It would have only cost you the cables.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DON'T KNOCK SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T TRIED.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:11 am

May I wade in and state what it has cost to date?

- months of testing with Beetle's assistance and guiding hand - priceless!
- Around 12,000 kilometres of road testing at all revs including WOT and into the rev limiter. With fuel at $1.50/litre and an average of 5.2 litres/100 kilometres, that would be 624 litres of fuel, that would make it just shy of $1000
- My time and effort to do some runs, upload the logs to beetle, get the changed map put it back in the bike, do more runs - repeat often, probably 500 hours. Even at $10/hour that is $5000
- Donation to Beetle for his work - none of your damn business - it's between him and me, and the result is good both ways.

So in a nutshell, it has cost me upwards of $6000 to get a base map started for 2V 1200 engines, plus some change. I am more than happy to pay this as now my bike runs like it never did from the factory, which is incredibly satisfying, AND others can now benefit from my efforts AND I don't want any money for it.

Now this is what it has cost me...

Beetle has spent much of his money, as has Pete, in doing the exact same thing for GRiSOs with a wide variety of exhausts, with DBK in and DBK out. Both of these blokes do it because it needs to be done - neither has any real commercial investments into the process, just want to see fellow Guzzisti with the best bike/exhaust combo to maximise the enjoyment on the ride.

Now lay the fuck off these guys and go somewhere else, before we all (collectively) fart in your direction.

Steak, help us out here please?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 am

Oh and I forgot to mention the fine when caught speeding, simple, it was a fine joy to ride my bike the way it is running - I'll cop that one but these maps are addictive.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:29 am

garyclem wrote:
bikesnbones ...... Pete and Mark aren't perfect by any stretch and, yes, from time to time they are "overly generous" with opinion that isn't necessarily endorsed, often simply ignored ............. BUT, the free thinking rational people here know that both these blokes have been extraordinarily generous in terms of the positive contributions (time, experience, advice, money, professionalism) they have made to the GRiSO Ghetto ......... not just mapping, not by a long shot. And I know that both Pete and Mark have often refused to accept any money for the stuff they do for us ......... I don't understand whats 'floating your boat' 
I haven't been on this forum long, but I have known of Petes' generous wealth of knowledge from earlier forums where there where always doubters that took advantage of him and then slated him. Worra fucking turnaround they give him.
So it's a big +1 for garyclems observations‼️
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:51 am

I really don't understand all of this stuff? I have not been on here that long either, but no one has made me feel anything less than welcome and as I am no techy type I came here to learn and share the experience of GRiSO ownership. From what I have seen of people's opinions it has all been pretty balanced and help is at hand. I don't feel any need to remap my bike [ but if I did, I would come here looking ]

I don't know Pete or Mark and they sure as hell don't know me, but I do not see anything other than help,banter, and advice in their posts. Sure, there are going to be opinions, but there's no avoiding that and I have not seen anything over the top. I also get the 'feel' for this place and considering how many countries are involved with the posters i reckon it translates pretty well.

Anyway - I am off to see how far my Tenni will go on a tankful........

Last edited by Bluesun9 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 am

Bluesun9 wrote:
I really don't understand all of this stuff? I have not been on here that long either, but no one has made me feel anything less than welcome and as I am no techy type I came here to learn and share the experience of GRiSO ownership. From what I have seen of people's opinions it has all been pretty balanced and help is at hand. I don't feel any need to remap my bike [ but if I did, I would come here looking ]

I don't know Pete or Mark and they sure as hell don't know me, but I do not see anything other than help,banter, and advice in their posts. Sure, there are going to be opinions, but theres no avoiding that and I have not seen anything over the top. I also get the 'feel' for this place and considering how many countries are involved with the posters i reckon it translates pretty well.

Anyway - I am off to see how far my Tenni will go on a tankful........

I'm a newbie here as well, and all I can say is, Hear, Hear! and a big Plus 1.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:02 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Steak, help us out here please?

You guys don't need my help...

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:21 am

As I said, a really skilful salesman will end up making you believe that they are doing you a huge favour.
As we see, it's certainly worked here.
I do not know Beetle, that's true, but a bit of searching and we find Roper is prolific on pretty much every English speaking Guzzi forum, but only the big one's.
There are UK based forums too, which would doubtless benefit from his wisdom, but I cannot find a thing from him.
If he were an enthusiast and so "generous" why doesn't he bother with Brit enthusiasts.
Hmmm.
As I said.
It's a very small pond to fish in, isn't it Pete Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 am

Suspect

As Rodney King asked "Can we all get along?"

b-n-b, you're obviously angry with Pete and Mark and feel they are inappropriate profiteers, but consider this if you will:

This is a public forum, whose content (fact or fiction, musing or propaganda) is "donated" by the membership. The forum is run by Steak. It is not owned / operated by your targets. It's membership are adults who, I think, have enough experience to "let the buyer beware" and (if they are like me) don't feel the need to have someone crusading for them.

You are taking discussions and side-tracking them into personal attacks (and yes, you are getting egged on in some cases) and this is detracting not only from the discussions at hand, but from the GRiSOGhetto as a whole. In addition, you (plural - as in you all who are spittin' at each other) are showing disrespect to those who started the threads in question, those who follow them looking to educate / entertain themselves, and Steak who puts in the time / money to provide this forum.

So let's all rise above the BS and knock off the vitriol. If folks want to spout off and kick sand on each other's beach blankets, please do it in your own thread inside [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or better yet, private message each other your feelings.

Now about that fuel range... why is it the light always comes on when you're nowhere near a gas station?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Well said Steve. I always new you were a level-headed bloke. I on the other hand, am not. My avatar says it all. I'm more likely to head-butt someone when they piss me off than turn the other cheek.

The troll in question is not going to stop. They can't help themselves. I first added him to my 'foe' list, effectively ignoring him, but I see a few quotes when someone responds to him and my blood boils, just like the troll wants. Yes, the troll wins. This twit has a chip on its shoulder and won't stop and it's now past me stopping as well, unless either he goes or I do. I used to like it here in the ghetto, talking about GRiSO and sledging each other good naturally. Admittedly, my oft vulgar and vitriolic approach has annoyed some here (Enzo, for example, which I would like us to put behind us and be civil). But this arse has gone too far, attacking my good nature and willingness to help those with fueling issues by giving me an agenda of scaremongering and financial gain only through stealth tactics. If that turd had spent thousand in test gear and fuel (let alone the time involved) to build maps that he was not obliged to at all, would he want to give them away? No. I sometimes ask for a donation to offset the money it has cost me, sure, but I'm not rich, I'm a working stiff like a lot of you here. Some of you have got a map for nothing. Some like yourself are doing all the hard work and I'm just clicking on a mouse.

But this means nothing to the troll. He will get on here and attack this post, saying I'm trying to curry sympathy etc. I'm a man who lives by his emotions. I won't aplogize for that.

To all the other members: I'm sorry for all the crap.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Don't let the puss filled, dickless, little shit head get under your skin mate. The ghetto knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:08 pm

May I encourage everybody to just add BED-n-B'FAST to their "foe" list. That way he can type till his keyboard wears out and not a sole will see what the arsehole has to say. Yet in his own warped and twisted little head he will gloat thinking he's won the war of words. Meanwhile he can ride off into the sunset with his Ural sidecar running on one cylinder.

Maybe we should send him a piece of paper with P.T.O written on both sides.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:17 pm

STOP! This is not what I signed up for. Knock it off and let's get back to the topic at hand. Now where the fuck were we? What fucking thread is this anyway?

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:20 am

Ladies, ladies! Put your handbags down‼️ Life is short, and the older you get, the shorter it gets. Too short to bear grudges. As my granddaughter in Mandurah keeps singing.. Let it go, let it gooooo‼️ afro
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:29 am

At least 3 pixels:

Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 am

Jeez the one in blue is quite aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:34 am

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 am

It's piss and make up !
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 am

Bluesun9 wrote:
At least 3 pixels:

Now that is funny. I don't think I'd want to mess with the lady-in-blue.

Maybe she's mad because the other lady didn't fill up the GRiSO when the light came on!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm calm - Ommmmmm
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 am

This fucking thread had more off topic than on topic posts. So to balance it out...from new and after I had the GRiSO tuned, fuel warning light consistently came on at 200km. After fitting the AGO without dbk, still original map, at 190 km, but I did keep higher rpm everywhere. Starting was always poor. Usually cranks for a while before firing or takes couple of tries. I don't mind that because it gives the oil more time to get up to the top of the motor before it runs. When it starts it's too lean and it takes a while to warm up. Touching the throttle, first 30 sec, will kill it. Vibes can be felt through the ground and it will shake the helmet of the handlebar. I love it all.

Alan
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:52 am

Bluesun9 wrote:
At least 3 pixels:

Here's another along these  lines. LMAO

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel range   Fuel range - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel range
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next