GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries

Go down 
+4
Laker
Overholt13
DungeonMaster
beetle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:24 am

My mission (and I did choose to accept it) was to get some big-arse cherries from Wombat.

Beautiful weather. Sunny skies and 25 degrees. Great trip to Wombat! I cracked 20000km on the way and also managed a 11000 data point logging run! When I arrived at the cherry orchard outlet, the guy at the counter says "how many do you want? I reply "as many as will fit in the tank bag". That bought a giggle.

Turns out, I can get 4kg (2 x 2kg boxes) in the 'big' Guzzi tank bag. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On the way home I stopped at Cootamundra for some petrol and an ice cream. My pipes are getting prettier!

Thunderheads were gathering in the west as I headed off, and I got hit with a shower at Junee which was nice. I didn't have wet weather gear, but the temp was up around 32 by now, and the shower cooled me off somewhat. I could see a massive storm brewing just southwest of home, so I exercised the throttle hand a bit and upped the pace. Got home just in time!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:28 am

Yumm!!!
Look at those pipes!!!! Runnin hard!
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:23 am

those pipes are a real thing of beauty Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:38 am

Damn those sure are some nice pipes, cherries too. Damn I'm getting old, I could be looking at ANYTHING (anything) online but it's always motorcycles and sometimes food. I never thought I'd survive long enough to see my priorities take such a drastic turn yet here I am.

Well that's quite enough about me, nice post Beetle
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 am

Nice report Beetle. Of course it's opposite winter here and your mid-twenties to low-thirties temps sound familiar except that ours are in Fahrenheit. Our annual New Years' Day ride to Neah Bay, the northwesternmost town in the continental US is coming up in a few days and we're expecting a high of 39F. Hooray for electrics!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 am

Street wrote:
we're expecting a high of 39F. Hooray for electrics!

affraid thats about 4 degrees C.

Sir, I admire your gumption!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:24 am

I concur, very nice pipes. Curious question, why make the left  even shorter, relative to the right, than it was? Or maybe it's the angle the photo was taken.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:34 am

Nah, both pipes are the same length as the stockers. They're just bent differently.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:07 am

beetle wrote:
Nah, both pipes are the same length as the stockers. They're just bent differently.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:11 am

How's the 'Getting the midrange back' going?

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:51 am

I've tweaked the ignition timing and have had to completely re-map it, but seat of pants tells me it's far better than it was. I'll have to do a timing run to compare it of course.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Wombat.
Great place that used to have a brilliant pub and the site of a NSW Guzzi Owners Club weekend Argle back in '87? We destroyed body and mind, the usual mayhem expected of the club described as being "on the ragged fringe of decent society" back in those days. An indecently good time.

So they do fat red cherries? Lovely! Worthy of a future visit if I venture the North Island at this time of year.
Tassie does cherries too, but it's pissing with rain right now.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:21 pm

We got some Tassie cherries at the markets in Melbourne once. Big bastards and delicious.

The pub is still there.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries   GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO mission: Wombat Cherries
Page 1 of 1