GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO

Go down 
+4
paulbrice
JC_Guz89
Speedfrog
AustinW
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AustinW
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
AustinW

I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:34 am

I fell in love with a green GRiSO I saw in Canada a few years ago (a Temi?) and have had half an eye out since.  But I couldn’t justify an impractical thirsty monster.  A V85tt replaced my BMW 1200gsa in 2019 and the Guzzi bug bit me deep.  I’ve still got the v85.  I had V50monza in 1985 but didn’t gel with it.  Anyway a 2016 red and black GRiSO with just 12000 miles and 2 owners popped up on eBay not far from me so I went to look.  I walked as it was shabby having been stored for a while somewhere damp with a lot of rusty fasteners and a slightly unkempt look.  The seller got in touch afterwards and over the next few days he wore me down while I only slowly wore the price down. What the heck I thought, the money is in the bank doing feck all now, or I could have a GRiSO in the garage.  We reached a settlement on Tuesday and I picked it up today.   I think it looks brilliant, it rides fabulously, loud, lumpy, torquey, vibey, a bit scary, and not hugely comfortable. So so different from v85.  Impractical. I love it.

The alarm service light came on and off a few times on the 90minute ride home.  A quick read of the manual and a scribbled 5 figure number found in the paperwork found me in the diagnostic menu.  DSB 07&08 stored. Deleted and hopefully gone for good.  If not I suspect a new oil pressure switch is needed.  Must check oil level too. Otherwise I need to clean or replace a number of fasteners- why are all oil filler/level plugs rusty?  Rear shock looks very shabby but works ok.  But after I washed its face and sprayed and rubbed it with Muc off bike protection spray it’s looking a lot better.  

Hello to all.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MrBob, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, kidsmoke, marcdavo, Svartipants, JC_Guz89 and like this post

Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:04 am

Welcome to the nuthouse Ghetto, Austin  ghetto

Beautiful bike Thumbs Up . . . Aren't they all though?  Cool  

Judging by the number of photos you posted, and all in your first post, yeah, I'd say you're smitten . . .

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:19 pm

Welcome!

I saw this one listed on ebay. Looked to me like it just needs a bit of polishing and a few fasteners and oil plugs replacing. Seemed a good buy if you got the price down a bit.

Give it some TLC and enjoy!
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
AustinW
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
AustinW

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:52 pm

Speedfrog wrote:
Welcome to the nuthouse Ghetto, Austin  ghetto

Beautiful bike Thumbs Up . . . Aren't they all though?  Cool  

Judging by the number of photos you posted, and all in your first post, yeah, I'd say you're smitten . . .

Ooops, yeah I seem to have managed to duplicate the pics somehow. User error as I’m not used to the software here. But, you can’t have too many pics of a GRiSO can you.

Bill Hagan and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
AustinW
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
AustinW

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:56 pm

JC_Guz89 wrote:
Welcome!

I saw this one listed on ebay. Looked to me like it just needs a bit of polishing and a few fasteners and oil plugs replacing. Seemed a good buy if you got the price down a bit.

Give it some TLC and enjoy!
Very Happy

I didn’t get as much off the listed price as I wanted but hey ho I’ve got a GRiSO in the garage now. I don’t mind cleaning / replacing the obvious rusty bits, it’s the hidden bits in the bushes, bearings, and so on that will make maintenance dammed hard until I’ve gone through it all, and I am rubbish at doing bushes and bearings even when they are straightforward.

Can anyone recommend a stand for the bike so I can get it upright for working on. Thanks

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:15 pm

Welcome !!....good plan to start with all the bearings/bushes etc...hopefully they aren't completely wrecked with only 12k on clock.....lots of posts about stand options ranging from homemade wooden with bar through the frame chrome rings, OEM one (rocking horse shit now)  & many others...  Start here & watch out for where you stick the bobbins if you go for one of these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:19 pm

Austin,
I use a Baxley Sports Chock everyday. Keeps the bike upright but doesn’t lift it off the ground like the one Paul suggested. Depends what you need.
Congratulations on the GRiSO.

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke and AustinW like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:04 am

@AustinW looks like wonderful roads available to you to enjoy the bike! What part of the country is that, generally? Just curious.

The factory stand, referenced in the thread, which requires two bobbins, is the way to go if you can find one. Being in Europe I suspect you can do so easier than we can here in the states. I got one with my GRiSO and it's awesome

Crappy photo but you get the idea. VERY stable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan and AustinW like this post

Back to top Go down
AustinW
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
AustinW

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:53 am

That is the western edge of the Bowland Fells in Lancashire.  Morecambe, Lancaster and the Cumbria/Lake Districts hills in background.  Best kept secret in the country is Bowland, oops.

Nice dog. I used to have one just like that.

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:11 am

AustinW wrote:
That is the western edge of the Bowland Fells in Lancashire.  Morecambe, Lancaster and the Cumbria/Lake Districts hills in background.  Best kept secret in the country is Bowland, oops.

Nice dog. I used to have one just like that.

May have to add that to the list. In what is probably more of a tired cliché than I realize, a bucket list item for me is to sing 'you'll never walk alone' at a game at Anfield. 'Forests of Bowland' appears not too far. Plan may yet materialize.

Thanks. Josie is a French Britt. 28# of pure muscle, with a fair bit o' that being brain, fortunately. Barely a year old. Immeasurable Energy.

And the Green Bike...it's 'Tenni' Green. Moto Guzzi uses it at least once on most models in recent years. A 'limited' edition generally. Omobono Tenni was factory racer for Guzzi in the 30's and 40's, and truly dominant in his prime. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill Hagan, Jankes and AustinW like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:12 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, and congratulations for purchasing the best motorcycle ever made.

ghetto

I'll add my 2¢.

The factory service stand is most likely made of Unobtainium.

The options in the above link are good choices. I've got a Becker stand, but currently use the Kiwi Roy "lumber" stand. Cheap as chips, and works really well. Both options are great if you need to have both wheels off the ground simultaneously, which can be achieved with the addition of a Jack or scissor lift under the sump (with a bit if wood to prevent marking the sump).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

AustinW likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
AustinW
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
AustinW

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:41 pm

So I did about 100 miles yesterday. Service alarm came on a couple of times, not DSB 07/08 this time, but I did catch an active ECU 21 which is the Lambda sensor. I cleared it and it didn’t return. Hopefully nothing to worry about as lambdas are expensive. Is there a car equivalent I can try?

I’ve also ordered a new battery as the one fitted is only a 10ah battery. My initial excitement at finding a small storage area under the seat quashed when I realised the extra 8-10 ah of battery should be in that place. I’ve gone for a BS 20ah battery as it’s available locally and cheap, unlike the Yuasa equivalent which isn’t either.

Suspension needs a tune up too. It’s rock solid, feels like zero sag and harsh damping. There’s a receipt in the pile of documents I got with the bike for some suspension tuning. The previous owner must have weighed 150kg or something or took a pillion a lot else it’s not how I like suspension to be. Also need to check tyres as the bike doesn’t want to turn. Still came home grinning like an idiot though. Wife says she wants to try a short pillion ride today.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:27 pm

I wouldn't replace lambda & I'd also check there isn't a lambda fooler fitted as they always throw lambda faults (& they don't improve performance). Most people here are riding 'lambda-off mode' with beetles map to improve fueling/snatching/etc.

You can also just switch off the lambda (and clear the learning parameters) in your existing map using guzzidiag reader/writer & Tunerpro, but beetle map is a better option TBH. Either way you'll need the Lonelec cables & the Guzzidiag software.

AustinW likes this post

Back to top Go down
bilyjck18
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bilyjck18

PostSubject: I had same color, 2015, great bike. I now have 2020 V85tt. Would like to have thr GRiSO motor in the V85TT.   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:53 am

AustinW wrote:
I fell in love with a green GRiSO I saw in Canada a few years ago (a Temi?) and have had half an eye out since.  But I couldn’t justify an impractical thirsty monster.  A V85tt replaced my BMW 1200gsa in 2019 and the Guzzi bug bit me deep.  I’ve still got the v85.  I had V50monza in 1985 but didn’t gel with it.  Anyway a 2016 red and black GRiSO with just 12000 miles and 2 owners popped up on eBay not far from me so I went to look.  I walked as it was shabby having been stored for a while somewhere damp with a lot of rusty fasteners and a slightly unkempt look.  The seller got in touch afterwards and over the next few days he wore me down while I only slowly wore the price down. What the heck I thought, the money is in the bank doing feck all now, or I could have a GRiSO in the garage.  We reached a settlement on Tuesday and I picked it up today.   I think it looks brilliant, it rides fabulously, loud, lumpy, torquey, vibey, a bit scary, and not hugely comfortable. So so different from v85.  Impractical. I love it.

The alarm service light came on and off a few times on the 90minute ride home.  A quick read of the manual and a scribbled 5 figure number found in the paperwork found me in the diagnostic menu.  DSB 07&08 stored. Deleted and hopefully gone for good.  If not I suspect a new oil pressure switch is needed.  Must check oil level too. Otherwise I need to clean or replace a number of fasteners- why are all oil filler/level plugs rusty?  Rear shock looks very shabby but works ok.  But after I washed its face and sprayed and rubbed it with Muc off bike protection spray it’s looking a lot better.  

Hello to all.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO   I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I’ve Gone and Got a GRiSO
Page 1 of 1