GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Head stem bearings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

Head stem bearings Empty
PostSubject: Head stem bearings   Head stem bearings Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:57 am

I pulled the triple clamp out of my project to repair the lower clamp. Both steering bumps were broken off. This was easy, remove wheel, light, dash, forks then triple clamp. The top bearing was passable but the bottom bearing was just a rusted piece of junk on the verge of collapsing. Mario had a couple, $80 including postage from Perth, job done. What I want to know is WHY? hasn't anybody mentioned these bearings on any forum I've read to date. They are just as important as any other on the bike and should be serviced just as regularly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Head stem bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head stem bearings   Head stem bearings Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:34 am

Because they are not as prone to deterioration as the ones in the rear swingarm and suspension.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be maintained as any other wear item on a seventeen year old motorcycle. Especially one with an unknown history.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Head stem bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head stem bearings   Head stem bearings Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:34 am

Steering Bearings are always included in recommended 'things-to-sort' for buyers of Grisos...mentioned everywhere here & other forums AFAIK....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lcjohnny and Speedfrog like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Head stem bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head stem bearings   Head stem bearings Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Head stem bearings
Page 1 of 1