GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My first ride

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:35 pm

I took my project for my first ride today. I can see why they have a following. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pawel Spoon, Svartipants, 850-Nero and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:54 pm

cheers

No weird noises from the bevelbox? Keep checking it’s temperature regularly until you’re *sure* it’s right.
Back to top Go down
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:19 am

I'm deaf and the bikes loud, can't hear a thing riding. It's definitely a whole lot quieter on the bench than when I picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:39 am

Very Happy It will run better with a dB killer in the exhaust, and your ears will thank you..

Check the bevelbox with your hand. If it’s ‘Ouchy’ after a spirited ride? Be careful. If it’s just uncomfortable keep checking and you’re probably good. cheers
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:14 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Very Happy
Check the bevelbox with your hand. If it’s ‘Ouchy’ after a spirited ride? Be careful. If it’s just uncomfortable keep checking and you’re probably good. cheers

And there is the difference between a "mechanic" and a "technician". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Is that a 1100 or 850? Under name to L it says 1100 but there's no cooler. They are nice riders.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:21 pm

That’s what I suspected Steve but it seems it’s an 1100 with the cooler removed. Who knows why?
Back to top Go down
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:41 pm

Morning fellas, it's definitely an 1100 without an oil cooler. Silver frame, twin spark head and 90mm stroke. Ticks all the boxes. Unless I can buy an oil cooler real cheap it will stay that way.😀
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:48 pm

If you want a cooler I’ve got several. They’re off 1200’s though so you’d need to make up or aquire hoses for the 1100 plumbing. To be honest I don’t think the 2V motors probably need a cooler, especially if they’re running an open loop map, but if you monitor the oil temp and it gets too hot in summer? Then yes, I’d fit one. The 2V motors at least have a thermostat.
Back to top Go down
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:52 pm

My guess is it fell over and damaged the cooler, rather than repair just remove.
It's still not registered so can't ride it far from home just yet so some things are not priorities just yet.
Back to top Go down
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:33 pm

Pete, is the 2v motor similar to the v11? From memory mine had a small oil cooler up near the headstem?

Will - take pete up on his offer for an oil cooler, even if it's just fitted for cosmetic purposes / to stop us thinking you have an 850. It might also reduce the chances of you catching that U shaped oil line on something? I remember chipping a fin off the R front edge of my v11's sump on a rock .

Will Skid likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:00 pm

For a cooler, I'd use one off a Norge 8V in a bellypan scoop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first ride   My first ride Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My first ride
Page 1 of 1