GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO engine breathing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

GRiSO engine breathing Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:19 am

Hi everyone,

Not sure this the the correct area to post this, if its not just let me know!

So here's the thing: I've been doing a little work on my GRiSO. It's a 2009 model (yes yes, I've just rollerized it) and I'm thinking about the breather tank with the condensated oil going back in the engine. I also noticed the inlets weren't clean because of some oil.. On my old Guzzi i made a nice oil catch can. Has anyone else done this for the GRiSO? 

Has anyone else noticed a dirty inlet because of this?
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:55 am

the GRiSO already has a blow by system. If you are having oil pooling in the front of the airbox, you are most likely overfilling the the bike with oil - there are many threads on this
send some pics, I'm curious as to what you have done.
Back to top Go down
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:00 am

I haven't done anything with it yet. I haven't even driven the bike. It's not dripping but the airbox was a bit moist. When taking off the hose back to the bottom of the engine there was a small but of oil in there. I was just wondering if anyone had changed it here. The GRiSO blow by system is the same as the old Guzzis
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:33 am

Yes don't overfill. If there is any air leak in system under filter plug seal or fix. That combination of dirt and overfilled oil mist will then turn into a grinding paste. Making short work of throttle bodies that are almost impossible to replace....
Back to top Go down
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:29 pm

It wasn't too bad so I'm just cleaning it. The bike should be maintained at a shop but I've seen a few things that make me doubt their expertise. I'm still unfamiliar with the GRiSO and 1200 engine but with the old Guzzis you should never fill them more than halfway between "empty" and full. Does the same thing apply to the 1200 engines?
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:08 pm

From all I've read and with my 1200, about half on the stick is perfect. Give or take a few onces and the motor will vaporize via blow by to exact amount it needs. My machines oil has been religiously changed at 5000 miles. At the half way point of fill its never lost or burned any oil. It's at 75000 miles now. These motors are worth the maintenance and attention, especially at the beginning of ownership. It just becomes a put key in and ride machine once tuned. Enjoy. This forum has everything you will need outside a good set of metric tools and basic mechanical savy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:43 pm

Also make sure BOTH the drain hoses from the airbox are installed, intact and plugged. This is vital to prevent the ingress of dirt as mentioned above. DO NOT be tempted to fit a K&N or similar air filter for the same reason. It won’t help performance anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO engine breathing   GRiSO engine breathing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO engine breathing
Page 1 of 1