GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bevelbox seal

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

Bevelbox seal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bevelbox seal   Bevelbox seal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:02 pm

An electric heat gun would no damage anything unless you go crazy with it.. have done it 100’s of times
Back to top Go down
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Bevelbox seal   Bevelbox seal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:13 am

This bearing steel has by design a very high tensile stress. What I am afraid is that if taken to very low temperatures this will increase it's britleness, and a metal-to-metal stroke could just crack it. If I had a press I would definitely cool it down...
I know what you mean Johnny. In fact as I was taping the old ones out I was constantly controlling their position with a depth gauge, once that the space limitation would nor allow me a good distribution of the Strokes a round the circumference.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Bevelbox seal   Bevelbox seal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:30 am

Matias, Gentle taps, going around the perimeter, while listening and feeling the vibrations in your tools, will help in being successful. I rarely use a press to install bearings, because I loose that sound/feel for what's going on. Patience and a gentle hand will be rewarded.

lcjohnny and Matias like this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Bevelbox seal   Bevelbox seal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:36 pm

Hi everyone,
It is ridiculous the time I have been waiting for the swing arm bearings (shipping from UK, customs in Portugal,...), but I am hopping to finally receive them this week. So, finally it will be time to put everything back together.

From the posts I have seen, I believe the assembly sequence will be:
- Assemble the drive shaft to the gearbox.
- Assemble the swing arm to the frame and suspension linkage
- Assemble the bevelbox to the swingarm

Question: is it easy to align the driving shaft to the bevelbox splined shaft while assembling the bevelbox? Any specific technic required?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bevelbox seal   Bevelbox seal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bevelbox seal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2