GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

More bevelbox heartache.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

More bevelbox heartache.  Empty
PostSubject: More bevelbox heartache.    More bevelbox heartache.  Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:59 am

After the surprise mayhem of my project's bevelbox I thort  I orto  look at the Breva and see what lurks inside it. Surprise surprise the pinion nut was loose and it still has the original bearing. 2 out of 2, not bad average, wish my shooting was this good. The disappointing thing here it has done half the milage of the GRiSO and I'd replaced the pinion seal 20k earlier.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More bevelbox heartache.    More bevelbox heartache.  Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:20 am

Bummer.

Sounds like you’re going to have to repeat the GRiSO box rebuild.

With the big bearing? Michael can provide another but I think my supplier, who recently changed staff and I think owners, seem to have decided that gouging customers is the way to go. The smug children behind the counter really grind my gears! I’d look elsewhere.

Having said that make sure you get a bearing with 19 balls and a robust cage. This is why I worshipped at the shrine of FAG but there are no doubt other manufacturers just as good. SKF maybe?

Online suppliers for the FAG option seemed to be similar prices though so? (Shrug.)
Back to top Go down
Will Skid
Carlotto
Carlotto
Will Skid

PostSubject: Re: More bevelbox heartache.    More bevelbox heartache.  Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:01 pm

Yeah disappointing. My local bearing supply has the bearing for 295 and the seal for 10. It gives a man something to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More bevelbox heartache.    More bevelbox heartache.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

More bevelbox heartache.
Page 1 of 1