GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Bill Hagan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:34 am

This isn't a GRiSO ride report, but it is about a CARC cousin, so forgive me.

Besides, I am readying the GRiSO "as we speak" for its mutton run to Kentucky next week.   bounce

As for this, Kathi and I have been attending the South’n Spine Raid — a small Moto Guzzi gathering of great folks — for quite a few years.  This was the 17th iteration, nearly all HQ’d at the Lodge at Tellico in Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

I rode the Norge and took four days to get there and back, all on backroads; Kathi -- my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess!  queen  -- was worried about our soon-to-depart hummingbirds getting enough food to make the trip across the Gulf  Rolling Eyes , so she caged it in two, aboard our old '09 Fit (with 259K miles).  She then joined in for the riding and other fun.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The rest of the story is pretty much in these pix:

South'n Spine Raid 2021

If you care, hover cursor over pix for captions.

Of course, there are too many!  That’s how you know that they are genuine and from me, not some imposter.   cheers

In defense of what may seem a complete lack of discipline, I started with 500+, so it could have been worse.   Wink

Ciao!

Bill

Oz1200Guzzi and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 am

Da iawn Bill, fel arfer Wink

Oz1200Guzzi and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:54 pm

paulbrice wrote:
Da iawn Bill, fel arfer Wink

Llawer o ddiolch. Yn hapus, rwy'n 2/3 o'r ffordd drwy "Hanes Cymru" John Davies, neu byddwn wedi meddwl eich bod wedi bod yn y grappa. cheers

And, even better, Google can probably get a C+ for its translation of what I intended, i.e.:

"Many thanks. Happily, I'm 2/3 of the way through John Davies' "History of Wales", or I would have thought you were in the grappa."

For almost all of my decades, I have been told, assured, assumed, and convinced that my "American side" was Irish.  Turns out not, instead, I am of a haplogroup with almost no Irish blood at all.  I have thus been reading about what I am now told are "my people."   study  Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:37 pm

I moved to wales at 7yrs old & learned welsh (welsh speaking neighbours & welsh up to 16 in school Smile ) Most of my 'Brice celtic' roots come from Devon - same language etc a long time ago. Let me know if you need any help with your research though Wink

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:33 pm

As always, Bill, very good.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:46 pm

cheers

Brilliant as usual!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:56 pm

"I am smiling!" Classic. Thanks for the entertaining report, as always, Bill.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:03 am

Another enjoyable report by our roving reporter. So Bill, you hit some of our favorite places, but left out Tellico Grains and Trout Mountain. But then, you weren't in town that long. I've been lucky enough to ride the GRiSO over the Cherohala 8 times in the past year. What a wonderful stretch of pavement.

I stayed at Tellico Lodge back in June with a small group of CBX buddies, and Susan and I will be there next month on our way to Blue Ridge, GA. When I made my reservation, they said a MG group had just left.

Perhaps we might cross paths when you go/return from the KY mutton ride.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021   Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ride Report: South'n Spine Raid 2021
Page 1 of 1