GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally the rain stops

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyG
Carlotto
Carlotto
TonyG

Finally the rain stops Empty
PostSubject: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am

It has finally stopped raining in the UK and the various lakes and rivers covering the roads have dried up a bit. Had the GRiSO out for the first time in almost 4 months. It wouldn't run at first on the side stand, and the front brake lever handlebar clamp vibrated loose after 30 miles and started rotating, but it was great to be out on it again. Mind you I couldn't ride it properly anyway as I've forgoten how.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Poor GRiSO, behaving like a man coming off a long fast, who can't keep down the first meal he eats...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
TonyG
Carlotto
Carlotto
TonyG

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Yep, it was probably feeling resentful at moving after so much inactivity, which I can sympathise with. Luckily the allen key for the handlebar clamp screw was one of the few items in the pitiful toolkit, and kicking the sidestand up and down several times sorted the cut out. I guess the cut out switch on the sidestand needs looking at, or perhaps it thought it was in gear.

Anyway, I had a lovely ride, it went, handled, stopped, all with a glorious termigioni soundtrack.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Stopped raining in the UK?!?!
Didn't think it was even possible! Razz 

Yeah those bikes sure don't like to sit very long...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:45 pm

They don't like being wet either. Fussy brats. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:58 pm

I live in Canada, and only missed 2 months with no riding. I thought you Brits rode year round? Rain or light rain.
Back to top Go down
TonyG
Carlotto
Carlotto
TonyG

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 am

I used to, but now it is a leisure activity for me. Don't mind the cold so much, but can't be arsed getting soaked, which can be a severe limitation in the UK of late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally the rain stops   Finally the rain stops Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally the rain stops
Page 1 of 1