GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dash went blank but no water/rain?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bpreynolds
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bpreynolds

Dash went blank but no water/rain? Empty
PostSubject: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Sad to say this is my first post here on the Ghetto. I'm a long time member on WG but just recently got my '15 SE. Last week after I had gassed the bike up I put the key back in and the dash at first lit up but then immediately went blank, then flashed a code then blank again. I pulled key out, put it back in, turned it on and it seemed to go through some kind of reboot process that finally brought the whole dash back up but erased/restarted my trip miles. I went on home and didn't think twice about it. Rode it many miles since then. This morning I go out to start the bike. Same thing only this time the dash goes down fast and won't come back up at all. I take cage to work, come back home and try to start it again some 15 hours later and all appears good. Any ideas here? Yes, I've driven the bike in rain but I don't recall doing so since the dash issues began. Seems like most folks on here say if the sensor gets wet (on CARC?) it will exhibit these behaviors. Any help much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Mr Reynolds, welcome.

Might be the key, or the antenna for the key - wither of these may not be setup quite right in Pre Delivery.

Pete, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
bpreynolds
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bpreynolds

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Mr Reynolds, welcome.

Might be the key, or the antenna for the key - wither of these may not be setup quite right in Pre Delivery.

Pete, any ideas?

Thanks, Tony. That's interesting. I have the original MG key but I have been using a replacement key made by AF1 Racing. Also, last night was the first night that I recall ever leaving this key in the bike overnight in the garage. Dunno if any of this has anything to do with issues but I type there here just as fyi.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Startus interruptus.

Check for good battery and ground connections.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 pm

What Steak said.

Check your battery connections, main earth at starter and ECU.

Try 'Dash' reboot by pulling main fuses overnight to allow the electronics in the dash to discharge.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Everything blanking out points first and foremost to a bad connection at the battery or at the other end of the earth strap which attatches to a hexagonal *Widget* under the starter motor cover. Check both terminals and the earth point but don't over tighten the *Widget* as it only has a 4mm thread on its pointy end.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:37 pm

And snaps off easily, requiring the use of an easyout, or similar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash went blank but no water/rain?   Dash went blank but no water/rain? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dash went blank but no water/rain?
Page 1 of 1