GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally rode a GRiSO

Go down 
+5
NorthernProducer
Pete Roper
beetle
Red Dog
desmoface
9 posters
AuthorMessage
desmoface
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
desmoface

Finally rode a GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:28 pm

So, Phil at ClevelandMoto in Mentor, Ohio was kind enough to let me demo his brand new, out of the crate GRiSO.  What can I say other than; "Not bad for an old tractor motor."  Now I have to research this bike to learn about potential issues a new owner may encounter.  I read something about replacing starter or battery cables to make starting easier?   Other than that, is there anything else a potential new owner should be on the lookout for?

I should mention one thing that caught my attention as soon as I saw the bike; it has cheapie plastic/chrome turn signal housings...Looked out of place on a bike of this caliber.

I still want to snag a ride on an R Nine T but I could get used to this very quickly

Steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Give the R Nine T a bloody good thrash
We'll see you come back with your cash
Buy 2013 or later if your wise
Coz they've all been rollerized
The starter cable thing is any easy fix
Factory engineers are lazy pricks
Plastic "chrome" was cheap from the start
Swap blinker out for custom part.

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:57 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Give the R Nine T a bloody good thrash
We'll see you come back with your cash
Buy 2013 or later if your wise
Coz they've all been rollerized
The starter cable thing is any easy fix
Factory engineers are lazy pricks
Plastic "chrome" was cheap from the start
Swap blinker out for custom part.

Enjoy Very Happy

ghezzi u d man! Ending day with smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OtterTrout.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:01 pm

desmoface wrote:
Other than that, is there anything else a potential new owner should be on the lookout for?

Be on the lookout for the symptoms of Grisoius Hooliganus, a disease that affects almost all GRiSO owners. The disease targets one's license and can be expensive to treat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:19 pm

I have not had a case of that but the magic 8 ball said "Mostly Assured"
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Carlotto
Carlotto
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Save for plastic surgery to correct the goofy smile?

Actually: Download Guzzi Diag & Reader & Writer, buy correct cables.

Ride it, modify it, get Beetle map, get speeding ticket.
Back to top Go down
desmoface
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
desmoface

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Hello everyone,

This place is crazy, LOL. Does that no start/cable issue affect new models?

Steve
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Startus Interruptus can affect the GRiSO, new and old.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:56 pm

It's affected every Guzzi built since about 1972! It's a really stupid piece of design but they persist with it. God knows why? Good thing is it's easy to fix.

Pete
Back to top Go down
desmoface
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
desmoface

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Does anyone have a link to the fix?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Run a fused cable directly from the battery to the delivery side of the starter relay. From memory the yellow wire. MPH also sell a plug in kit for a few $ that does the same job.

Pete
Back to top Go down
desmoface
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
desmoface

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi Mr. Roper,

Thanks, that sounds easy enough.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:16 am

When I lived in NE Ohio, all you would see running about were Harley's and BMW's. Lot's of dealers per capita in that part of the state. I've owned those brands and not saying anything bad about them, but you won't see yourself "coming and going" with the GRiSO. My 2015 has been great and except for a few mod's to help me address my age related issues (Knight Design 1" lower foot pegs and toe pegs, and a Throttlemeister), I can ride it all day with a smile on my face.

Lastly, you only live once and with the GRiSO going out of production, so you don't want to miss out on the final opportunity to own a NEW GRiSO. Let us know what you decide.
Back to top Go down
desmoface
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
desmoface

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:22 am

Hiya Northern Producer,

Yes, the Cleveland area is a breeding ground for Harley's - I don't hate them it's just that they are everywhere and then there's the Harley lifestyle BS, LOL.

I'm also considering the R nine T which isn't quite as soulful as the MG but makes up for it with slightly better performance...

Steve
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 am

desmoface wrote:
Hiya Northern Producer,

Yes, the Cleveland area is a breeding ground for Harley's - I don't hate them it's just that they are everywhere and then there's the Harley lifestyle BS, LOL.  

I'm also considering the R nine T which isn't quite as soulful as the MG but makes up for it with slightly better performance...

Steve

Hey Desmoface...with 3 BMW motorcycle dealers serving that market (at least there were 3 when I lived there) I'm sure you won't have a problem hitching a ride on a R nine T. Of the 2 BMW's I've owned, my R1150RS was the favorite. I might still have it if it were not for the lousy BMW support here in Middle Tennessee...AND that's the advice I received from a BMW/USA rep at the last IMS show I attended at the I-X Center in 2008. Anyway, enjoy the Summer on what ever ride you are on.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:44 pm

desmoface wrote:
Hiya Northern Producer,

Steve

The Nine R T is a chick bike cheers At least that is how BMW is strongly marketing it. I was underwhelmed by it, has little presence, and is small. Much Prefer the R1200R as a GRiSO Comparison. Surprised that the dealer let you ride a new model. I wouldn't buy a demo bike unless it was significantly discounted.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:25 am

I think you mix something up. The R9T is not small at all. It plays in the same league as the GRiSO 1200.

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:29 am

In my opinion the GRiSO has more soul and a better sound. Thr R9T has perfect finish, no need to exchange the turn signals or a "tail tidy" and it gives large riders a better knee dent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:02 pm

The battery cable bypass is not a necessity by any stretch. I've had three GRiSOs and have never found the need to install a direct wired bypass. Neither have I been compelled to install one in my Stelvio nor any of my friends GRiSOs.

Just clean your terminals when doing the routine 6250 mile service. It's not an issue to fret over.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Likewise it's not something I see very often either. More common is the inrush current popping the fuse. Stick in a 10A higher fuse and everything is golden.

Pete
Back to top Go down
desmoface
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
desmoface

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 am

Awesome info...so I think it's a 15 amp fuse, I'll just carry some extra 25 amp fuses and if the bug bites, I'll install a larger fuse...Thanks again.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:20 pm

I have sold my Blackbird-mildly tweaked, 192 BHP at the back wheel, 0-100 in about 4-and have a GRiSO. I've had a few Guzzis before-and they are not for everyone.

But you can prise my GRiSO from my cold, dead hands. It's a lifelong keeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally rode a GRiSO   Finally rode a GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally rode a GRiSO
Page 1 of 1