GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Get out yer black armbands......

Go down 
+12
little750
NorthernProducer
keenerkeen07
Papa Lazarou
f-man
JohnA
LBC Tenni
Hacky
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Grisonut
Pete Roper
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Get out yer black armbands...... Empty
PostSubject: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 10:35 am

The GRiSO is no more.

They may be running out the last of the stock in Europe and the US but here in Oz it is officially gone.

Looking at the Moto Guzzi Australia webpage my worst fears have been confirmed. Apart from the 1200 Sport which is being run out in this country the only models now available are under-suspended twin shock shitters in various guises. Enormous barges like the Calis, the V7 series, (Also probably being run out next year.) and the excreble 'Roamer' and 'Bobber'. The Piaggio wonks have finally managed to drive a stake through the heart of Moto Guzzi. I hope they are proud of themselves.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 10:51 am

Damn...so the whole CARC bikes are to be obsolete very shortly?
And the V7...killing that would be suicide as it's Guzzi best seller.
Unless they plan to come up with a full line of water cooled, Piaggio will let the brand die...
Billy Joel and Ewan Mc Greggor ought to buy the rights and take over. lol
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 10:58 am

The Roamer and Bobber are designed to take over from the V7 series. The sad thing is that they are the very epitome of 'Form over function'. No serious motorbike in 2016 would use a 19 inch front wheel or a 16 inch rear! And don't even talk to me about the 'Clown Tyres' on the 'Bobber'.

They aren't modern motorbikes! They're fairground attractions!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 2:52 pm

There won't be a water cooled engine. I don't think they'll kill the V7. It will likely get the V9 emissions treatment.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 3:16 pm

I agree with you Pete...Rim size on those V9 are just retarded and that would be a deal breaker for me if I was interested in something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Wow, we are all about to become a part of the new corn cob pipe suspender snapping brigade.
"That Roamer is not a real bike you LGBTI wanker, get a GRiSO! Now that's a man's bike".
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 6:22 pm

So, now is time to invest in GRiSO, Sport, Norge and all things CARC - before they get stupid pricey like some older models
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Thing is I'd be more than happy with a smaller, lighter, less powerful Guzzi but I REFUSE to buy or encourage the use of under-framed, under-suspended shitheaps!

Probably the saddest thing is that if I was in the market for another bike now my first choice, (If they were available here!) would be a Zong!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2016 1:49 am

Looks like I invested in my GRiSO at about the right time then. At least Northside got that fact right back in December when I was told by them that the GRiSO won't be available much longer.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Autistic indifference to sound business practice is the Piaggio M.O. But there is hope. Those responsible will eventually be sacked and the company may return to making a good product. It's going to be painful to watch in the mean time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2016 10:10 pm

This is all happening too quack quick for me .................. my ducks aren't in a row.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 am

Everything is cyclical.....some day, MG will come back around.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2016 10:59 am

Deep-drawn sigh ...

It´s a pitty. nice article

Sad Sven
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2016 11:39 am

There is either something wrong with these writers or the bikes they are testing. For decades they've been promulgating this same old shit about how the longitudinal crank affects the handling. You'd really think one of them would think for themselves occasionally!

More terlet paper.....
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2016 11:47 am

Piaggio must be mad.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Tue May 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Think of it this way , in terms of a  special , original soulful beautiful motorcycle , GRiSO owners have it all , those that pass on them or do not understand missed the boat and they can roam and bob along all the live long day..
I am ok with it.. in fact  I prefer it this way
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 5:11 am

Holly shit Pete!!

I just read on your related thread in WG about this stubborn douche (Norge P.) not wanting to accept that the CARC bikes are no longer produced...
Geez, that dude can only be the result of anal sex!
Anyway, glad we don't have those kind of members here... Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 5:29 am

TORN BETWEEN TWO LOVERS.

Do I part with Bella and trade up to a younger more voluptuous Nigella (GRiSO)?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 6:12 am

Why trade? Keep Bella. Add GRiSO! Build 'Frankenbike'! Twisted Evil

Pete
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 6:55 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Why trade? Keep Bella. Add GRiSO! Build 'Frankenbike'! Twisted Evil

Pete

plus 1............. Nothing wrong with having as many Motorcycles as possible ....
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 10:47 am

Plus 2....keep filling the garage until there is no more room!
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 am

Then build a bigger garage.
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Dylan Thomas wrote:
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

I will purchase more CARCS and they will have to take GRiSO from my cold dead hands.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 4:20 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2016 4:30 pm

I still can't believe that Guzzi would kill the GRiSO. No other motorcycle manufacturer makes anything that even remotely looks like it. It was a bold design that to me will still be beautiful in 50 years. A true motorcycle of the epoch.

The Stelvio is also a wonderfully designed machine. It will do pretty much anything asked of it, is comfortable, handles better than it has any right to, and has so much value in its package, it baffles me why they'd kill it. It seems like it was a pretty succesful model for them too.

I have to believe they have redesigns coming. Why would they kill the GRiSO which has had more positive reviews than any other Guzzi in my memory, and the Stelvio which is really hitting its stride and attracting a good number of riders away from other marques?

Time will tell I guess. I would bet if we don't see anything at EICMA, then maybe the handwriting is on the wall that they've decided to be the cruiser arm of Piaggio. it would be a real shame.

Maybe they'll bring back Pierre Terblanche to design something interesting or maybe they can woo one of the designers from MV to come on board......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get out yer black armbands......   Get out yer black armbands...... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Get out yer black armbands......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next