GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hi from the Black Forest

Go down 
+2
lcjohnny
brmoke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brmoke
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
brmoke

Hi from the Black Forest Empty
PostSubject: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:36 am

Hello,

my name ist Benedikt and I live in the northern part of the Black Forest in Germany. Beside of my beloved Moto Morini Granpasso 1200 in thorougly modified state (tried to achieve a Granferro, which was never been put into production) with 17" front wheel, 320 mm Braking discs and Brembo calipers with four independent pads, upgraded fork with Andreani cartridges, LiFePo battery and lots of other stuff (-12 kg) I startet my search for a GRiSO. As a former owner of a 850 T3 California, V35, V65 and a 1000 SP/NT I got the Guzzi virus already for a long time and it never really left me.
After a whole year of searching, with corona related restrictions, I finally found a GRiSO 1200 SE from 2012 for a good price. As it previously ran on the mediteranean sea it needs a bit of attention in order to get it to the state I' m expecting. The first operation was to dismantle it to clean all up and it's now awaiting the assembly.
One of the main attentions was a check of the engine number, which indicates that it' s a rollerized version by factory Smile .
I got some new Brembo calipers for the front, which use the same pads as on my GP; even at the rear they're the same  Wink . A Termignoni, a LiFePo battery and some other stuff lead to a weight saving of about 9 kg with a lot cleaner look. Pictures to follow when reassembled.
For the moment I' m still looking for an improvement of the chassis setup by another shock absorber and maybe a fork update. Does anybody have experiences with the Mupo AB1evo, especially in relation to the Öhlins STX46 and TTX36 ? How about Wilbers ? I want to extend the rear wheel travel to 130 mm.

So long, Benedikt

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Welcome Benedikt
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Hallo Benedikt,
I have updated my GRiSO with the Öhlins:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Expensive but I wanted a suspension system which really works on poor road conditions.

Just ask Roland Däs if this shock would fit to your needs:

These are the Wilbers options:
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Benedikt!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Hello Benedikt,
Quite a few people here have had great Success using a Matris rear shock and fork kit.
Also a number of people have had a good result by using a rebuilt rear shock from a Stelvio.
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:32 pm

Welcome aboard mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Black Forest   Hi from the Black Forest Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Black Forest
Page 1 of 1