GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+133
SorryOciffer
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
137 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:11 am

You're welcome.
Took me about 10K miles and in my case, it translates to a little over 6 months after mounting the muffler.
Good idea for you to inspect by taking it off but it's not easy due to the flange having a built in recess to prevent the C clip to collapse fully in order to clear the can housing. So you'll need a small pick to pull on the C clip as you squeeze it shut.
Your slip on DB killer might be different that mine and maybe better made if you have a different model, who knows...
Mine is the GPE model.
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Well thanks for all that. I think i`ll stick with standard, for these reasons,

a, It was designed to work, b, will not interfere with winkers, c luggage will fit. d, i actually like the look and lastly I ain`t got time and money to waste making something not work. Each to their own though. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:40 pm

Nothing's wrong with the standard one and I happen to like the look of it, especially from the back.
The GPR I have now works fine and it's a good looking piece but I had to alter it on day one as it was so close to the turn signal, it melted the lens.
The culprit was the connecting pipe being poorly designed as far as aiming the end of the can...if I had to do it again, I'd order that kit for a Norge because it has to clear the bags and all so I know that the connecting pipe HAS to be different.
The DB killer going to shit is a different matter... Let's just say that I'm glad that I have a MIG welder and know how to use it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 am

I've read all 19 pages of this thread and am no wiser. The stock exhaust looks awful. Therefore I want an aftermarket exhaust. It must be low, not high. I know that the Termighoni is the one that doesn't invalidate the warranty (hey, if there's a problem ,put the old one back on before claiming on the warranty). The Arrow conical looks lovely.

Which exhaust? Do tell

(new 1200 8v SE).
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:14 pm

I want one that makes my bike look and sound like this

although, this isnt an exhaust itself.. the bike does come with one!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm very happy with my Zard:

Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:30 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
I've read all 19 pages of this thread and am no wiser. The stock exhaust looks awful. Therefore I want an aftermarket exhaust. It must be low, not high. I know that the Termighoni is the one that doesn't invalidate the warranty (hey, if there's a problem ,put the old one back on before claiming on the warranty). The Arrow conical looks lovely.

Which exhaust? Do tell

(new 1200 8v SE).

I have the Arrow conical on 2015 GRiSO. Brushed stainless steel. Weight saving is around 8 kgs and when measured on a iPhone app not a lot louder if any at all than then stock pipe but different tone and I am running the decibel killer insert. I am happy with it especially after recently having Beetle's fuel map loaded (Mistral high pipe no DBK).
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:59 am

Here's another video of, in this case, a Stelvio with a Zard. I think the video does a pretty good job of capturing the essence of its sound.

Love my Zard, love Beetle's map for the Zard (with dbk in- great fueling and a huge boost in fuel economy. Talking like, up from 33 mpg to 45 or so, an almost 40% improvement! Granted the 33 mpg was a figure from when the engine was very fresh and tight). A little louder than stock, but still quite civil.  Plus, I think its looks are well suited to the GRiSO, as are the looks of the Arrow for that matter.

Based on feedback from members of this forum, I think it's typical for any of Beetle's maps to give a similar improvement in FE, regardless which exhaust you run, though evidently the best FE results are achieved with the dbk in. Plus, dbk in just sounds better in general (opinion), though some may feel otherwise.

Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Found a nice photo of the Quat-D on my hard drive. Adding it to this thread for reference.

Still my favorite can. Its functional aesthetic appeals to me - lightweight, does not burn the stock saddle bags and tough, mine having survived two crashes (one Steak, one myself).

Steak wrote:
Quat-D Magnum Tri-Cono - Not my bike, but I had this same set up on my GRiSO 1100

Available from Quat-D (North America) online store
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Made by Quat-D (Italia)

Here it is on my GRiSO 1100 along with ceramic coated (Performance Coatings) exhaust system, Satin Titanium on the pipes Fresh Blast on the guard.

This slip-on now resides on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] GRiSO 1200 8V.
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 pm

I ended up getting the GPR Furore Nero. It hasn't burnt my signals, sounds great, stays cool enough that I don't worry about bags touching it and it's reasonably priced. No complaints.
Back to top Go down
austin_22
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
austin_22

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:07 pm

I love my GPR Furore Nero as well. If you look at my posts and on the previous page, there seems to be some good advice coming from others on the site. That said, my only issue so far was the turn signal getting warm. It wasn't melting, but it's not summer yet, soooo. I went to my local hardware store and managed to get all the required fittings and gromets to make an extension. Ended up lowering the mount about 1" which lowered the end of the pipe about 2 1/2". Pretty easy. Only problem was I stripped the bolt on my clamp at the bottom while putting it back on, guess I'm gonna need a new one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />
Back to top Go down
ultra
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ultra

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:14 pm

I've always liked the look of the Agostini , it flows really nice with the bike imo. I'm running with the stock map and no issues whatsoever, and it also clears the Hepco&Becker oval bags on the C-bow. It is really light, quality is top notch ( I dont mind the springs) not loud at all but a nice grunt indeed ... cat converter, db killer in.
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Ended up with this, anyway. Looks gorgeous and sounds gorgeous even with the dB-killers on. I never got the bike running well with the QD can, whatever the map. It just would not run sweet on even throttle anywhere under 3500 rpm. Now, after rollerisation and with the Ipothesys, I'm running the good old 68V map and it's near perfect. No popping on overrun, easy cruising through villages with a leisurly 2500 rpm and instant grunt when the road opens up, all the way to redline.
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2016 7:57 am

+1 for the Ipothysis system - love mine. Looks great, sounds great and works on the std map. Quality product!
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2016 9:07 am

Hear hear!! Which I do all the time when riding besides grinning incessantly inside my helmet. Good thing to have a full lid helmet, otherwise I'd have my teeth full of flies.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Wed May 11, 2016 11:37 pm

Midlifecrisis wrote:
+1 for the Ipothysis system - love mine. Looks great, sounds great and works on the std map. Quality product!

Look, I'm really glad you're happy but it won't work very well, standard map or otherwise. I don't dispute it looks good but it won't work well.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2016 2:48 am

different strokes for different folks.

What is the best place to purchase the ipothesys system?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2016 4:39 am

Look, it looks great. No doubt about that but it will not produce optimum performance with or without a modified map. It's the design of the engine and the laws of physics that dictate that, not me, or Mark or uncle John Cobley.

I fully accept that appearance is a long way down the list of things in a motorbike I care about. One look at my crashed, bashed, scratched up old munter will confirm that. But I really like being able to grab the 'Go' handle and just have shit *Work* from Nothing to Blurp-Blurp- Blurp.

The Ipothysis exhaust won't work. I've explained why before, probably many times, but believe me just because it was designed, (Maybe 'Styled' is more appropriate.) in Italy doesn't mean the people who did so have more of a clue than a pair of outback bogans from the arse end of the earth.

Say it once! Say it loud! We're Bogan & we're proud! Razz

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu May 12, 2016 11:50 am

Bradbusa, try connecting with:

Meanwhile I'll go and enjoy riding my bike with an exhaust that I hear won't work. But it does. And I will not spend time debating over it. That time is better spent riding.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri May 13, 2016 5:50 pm

After some research a few years ago, this is the exhaust I chose.

It's an Agostini Matte Black Coated Stainless Steel Megaphone.

It was very easy to install, and I still like it as much now as when I bought it. To me it suits the tenni green GRiSO,

staying with the retro (sorry to use that word, but a better one escapes me right now) style and colour scheme.

After Beetle's help with the proper mapping, it sounds and performs fantastically. AF1 Racing has got it at $799, which isn't cheap, I know,

but it still remains the second best (thanks again Beetle) thing I've done to really increase performance and drop some weight.

Back to top Go down
barton
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
barton

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 4:01 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Look, it looks great. No doubt about that but it will not produce optimum performance with or without a modified map. It's the design of the engine and the laws of physics that dictate that, not me, or Mark or uncle John Cobley.

I fully accept that appearance is a long way down the list of things in a motorbike I care about. One look at my crashed, bashed, scratched up old munter will confirm that. But I really like being able to grab the 'Go' handle and just have shit *Work* from Nothing to Blurp-Blurp- Blurp.

The Ipothysis exhaust won't work. I've explained why before, probably many times, but believe me just because it was designed, (Maybe 'Styled' is more appropriate.) in Italy doesn't mean the people who did so have more of a clue than a pair of outback bogans from the arse end of the earth.

Say it once! Say it loud! We're Bogan & we're proud! Razz

Pete

Is it same story if you have 2V or 4V?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 4:20 am

No, despite the fact they share some similarities in appearance the way the two engines work is completely different. I'd still think the Ipothesis is a crap choice for anything other than looks but it would be easier to make it work with the old 2V than the 8V.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 12:48 pm

[quote="Daves-i-Know"]After some research a few years ago, this is the exhaust I chose.

It's an Agostini Matte Black Coated Stainless Steel Megaphone.

It was very easy to install, and I still like it as much now as when I bought it. To me it suits the tenni green GRiSO,

staying with the retro (sorry to use that word, but a better one escapes me right now) style and colour scheme.

After Beetle's help with the proper mapping, it sounds and performs fantastically. AF1 Racing has got it at $799, which isn't cheap, I know,

but it still remains the second best (thanks again Beetle) thing I've done to really increase performance and drop some weight.

Hey Daves, I like the look, colour and shape of that exhaust. I have been drooling over the mistral black carbon reverse cone for a while even though I normally don't like the carbon fibre look.

Did you consider the mistral when you were choosing? I have my mind set on that similar black look for the tenni, did the black painted stainless hold up well?

Is the Agostini much louder than stock or is it just a nicer rumble? Now I may have to consider the Agostini as well, Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! scratch
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Quote : Hey Daves, I like the look, colour and shape of that exhaust. I have been drooling over the mistral black carbon reverse cone for a while even though I normally don't like the carbon fibre look.

Did you consider the mistral when you were choosing? I have my mind set on that similar black look for the tenni, did the black painted stainless hold up well?

Is the Agostini much louder than stock or is it just a nicer rumble? Now I may have to consider the Agostini as well, Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! : Guzzi Cat

Hey Guzzi Cat. I'll attempt to answer your questions in order!
1)No, I did not consider the Mistral at the time. I am not a big fan of the carbon fiber look, especially
 when it comes to the look on the tenni. I did take a look at them now,
 but still prefer the matted black, and the straight line with no bend in the pipe. More old school.
2) The stainless steel and the matte finish have held up perfectly well. No wear and tear at all that
    I can see after 4 years of use.
3) The sound is MUCH louder than the stock, so you should know that going in. There is much more
   vibration as well, but I actually like that. It might totally be my imagination, but I swear the bike
  shifted gears more smoothly after I installed it. The sound is not as loud as an obnoxious Harley,
  but people will definitely hear you coming. I love the sound!

Honestly, I can't recommend this exhaust enough. It's fan-freakin-tastic !
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:16 pm

AAARGHH. Still don't get it.

GRiSO under warranty, pipe needs to be low. Which, I say, which? Or even witch?

(No Wallabies allowed in this thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 12 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 12 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next