GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+133
SorryOciffer
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
137 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
mouser830
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mouser830

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:05 pm

Ok thanks. I looked at he process to remove the CAT from the Termi and if I did that would your Map for the Termi still work or do you think you have one that would better represent the Termi with CAT removed?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:09 pm

I do have a gutted Termi map. However, the Termi is still quite heavy without the cat, FYI.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:21 pm

Yup, the cat weighs next to nothing. In reality a cat has close to zero effect on performance, in fact on the 8V I reckon it may actually help bottom end and midrange a bit! Regardless of one’s views on whether the cost/benefit analysis works the fact is once fitted a cat will help lower pollution and every little bit helps if you don’t want to stink up the whirled! I’d leave it be. And keep the dB killer in.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
mouser830
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mouser830

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:11 pm

Looking back through the entire Exhaust Thread it looks like the OEM Termi optional pipe is not met with great joy. Beetle you have a couple maps for it one being stock with the Termi and one where the Terminal is gutted I assume that means empty of CAT and db killer? The question is; is the performance not there with that pipe or is it the weight? It’s quality and fit and finish and looks are good. But it is a very heavy pipe compared to many after market options. Is there a preferred manufacture from a performance perspective and is it substantially better for both torque and HP output. Thanks ahead of time. Weighing my options as I plan out the bike since I have time on my hands before Dr release to ride.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:30 pm

I think the priority is any silencer/muffler that is held by two bolts (like the original) to stop twisting loads on the (almost NLA) pretsel
Back to top Go down
mouser830
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mouser830

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:46 pm

Just went out and looked. I have the OEM and Termi and I see the Termi does not pick up the foot peg mount as a second mounting point. I can fix that with a ss plate and a break to bend it up. And weld on and polish.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:44 pm

I hated my Termi when I had it. It vibrated.

I’ll have maps for an unadulterated Termi, and one for a Termi that had the cat removed, the dB killer removed, and the outlet port drilled out to 50mm.
It was louder than a very loud thing, and the required map drank fuel like there was no tomorrow.

The owner loved it.

There are far superior pipes. Any new Mistral you buy now will have a cat in it. If you desire to be cat free, I would look to Agostini.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
mouser830
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mouser830

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:54 pm

Thanks for that. I would only remove the cat. Cut it out and weld a as tube in place and repack with shoulder in it. I think I’ll look at the one you suggested. Great looking exhaust.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:42 pm

I have the Agostini Oval. I like everything about it, other than it has only one mounting point. Great tone, nearly as quiet as stock, and with Beetle's map, is very pleasant to ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 24 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24