GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Smooth is hiding from me

Go down 
+15
Hacky
Ralf z
Charlie J
GUZ21
Steak
Bill Hagan
nev
LBC Tenni
Street
DungeonMaster
Oz1200Guzzi
wardentm
beetle
Pete Roper
Conor W
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:02 am

Conor, never assume anything.
MV running like shit, I meant they lose their crispness, smoothness, clean running etc.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:22 am

Crank sensor might be worth a look at. Yes they have shims which are "factory set" and an o-ring for a seal. Easy enough to pull (after you get all the shit out of the way) and clean and re-assemble. If replacing the o-ring, try for a viton and not a poly one - viton are usually brown/orange in colour.

Also a problematic leak spot from the factory - weep more than leak - pays to make sure it is put together correctly - as Ghezzi says. Simple things can ruin a good ride, and at this stage, it would pay to check all the simple things. Electrical connections might also be dodgy at certain revs - harmonics will do this, so hard to diagnose some stuff.

'nuff form me, I'm off to bed, even though it is reasonably early in Perf.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Conor good to meet up with you, mate.

Pete, said throttle bodies are now on the east coast, so I guess I am up for a ride soon to deliver them. Alternatively, if you are coming to Shitney (for some silly reason) I can have them with me at work and can meet you to give them to you? Your call.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Conor good to meet up with you, mate.

Pete, said throttle bodies are now on the east coast, so I guess I am up for a ride soon to deliver them. Alternatively, if you are coming to Shitney (for some silly reason) I can have them with me at work and can meet you to give them to you? Your call.

Hey Tony, if you head down let me no.
If I can il tag along.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:07 am

maybe next Sunday I think - depends if Pete's around
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:36 am

Likewise Tony - so at least I know now for certain that there's at least two Ghetto members follicly challenged. Phew.

Thanks gain for the courier task. There were a few parrots following the 737 as it left so I feel a little safer now. Watch out for them on the run to Bungendore - that can be vicious...

Good news my side. Took a run to Mario's after seeing Tony, picked up some inlet manifold gaskets and a few other things. Cleaned everything carefully, new gaskets in and very hopeful. Unfortunately no go - same same

Then took drastic measures. TunerPro. Crosschecked my problem area of fuel map with others I had. Decided to try a bit more fuel and used the MG map that was loaded post rollerisation as reference  - Beetle's is much leaner in the ~3k range at low TPS. Split the difference and went half way in a limited area around 3k. Cut & paste that into map. CW1. Small difference - enough to be encouraging.

Went whole hog and cut everything from the MG map from 2250rpm to 5000 rpm and out to about 8TPS and replaced that portion of map. CW2. Bucket chemistry - minimal science, just looking for a reaction.

On road - excellent !  Bit worried about over rich but plugs look very good after decent run. Still preserves refinement of Beetles' map for rest of range.

No doubt I am masking the root cause of the problem but seems to be working. Certain there are refinements that need to be made and I will chase once I get wideband sensor to see whats going on, but one very happy vegemite for the moment. On the way. Stoked.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:47 am

I was thinking about this issue yesterday while riding. 3000 in 4th gear equates to about 70km/h. What gear are you cruising in at 2500-3500 to get this fluffiness?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:31 pm

OK, here's a chance for a cobweb reducing ride this Sunday. meeting Pete after lunch to drop off his errant throttle bodies.

Ralf you in?
Harry?
Mal?

Anyone else want to join us for a ride to "bung up yor hole".

Remember this is "official Guzzi business".

Leave around 10 am or so? From where?
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 am

Tony
I will try and get a leave pass to join your ride although as I have only just got home from ride over the past week or so to Phillip Island my request may be declined.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi Glenn,

Cool if you can come - no worries if not. I suggest that any wanting to come on the jaunt meet at Bulli Tops, 100 metres past Bulli Pass (under the speed camera structure) around 10 am. GPS coordinates are -34.312928, 150.895416, give or take a couple of metres.

We can jaunt down through Albion Park, up Macquarie Pass (or Jamberoo Pass - both come out at the pie shop at Robertson), through Moss Vale, left at Sutton Forrest and the back way through to Marulan. Then left at Marulan through to Tarago, and on to Bung in your hole (or if fuel is needed, blat down to Goulburn on the Hume - sticking to the speed limit, then out to Tarago past Wakefield Park Raceway).

A loose plan and a changeable one. Who's in? Ralf, you working or got a permission note?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Sorry tony I'm out, hurt myself at work bruised up all my left hip and hamstring..
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Bummer Ralf - compo?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Yep, at work...
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Apparently I don't bounce of the ground like I used too
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 pm

good thing to remember going forward - remember body no bouncie like me usta
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:11 am

Ralf I coulda told ya we dont bounce anymore. Bugga.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 pm

So it looks like Hacky and me! So be it. We are leaving from Bulli Tops (under the speed camera meccano set) a little after 10am
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:04 pm

I have a bloke from Sydney delivering a Cali for a service mid afternoon apart from that I'm around so if you get here at mid-day-1.00PM come to my place.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:33 am

Sorry I missed your invite Tony, have been up the Shed from Tuesday to Friday & sleeping over at Berowra, & running around today. Other arrangements made earlier today. Bugger.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Delivered said throttle bodies, Conor.
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Magic - thanks Tony. Hope the visit to Bungendore wasn't too stressful. Sounds like Pete's testing program to find his throttle end stops is still in progress...

The green beast is still giving me fun and games despite my optimism after the map fiddle. Droning down the freeway the hesitation at steady throttle is still there. Haven't got hands on wideband gear yet so thats to come.

Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:45 am

Beetle: before I buy - i'm planning on bosch sensor + lc-2 controller linked directly into PC running scanmt - I assume I this will yield can synch'd logs (AFR with rest of log from KKL connection) Trying to avoid need tobuy LM-2....

Conor
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 am

Don't buy an LM-2, they're junk.

I didn't have much luck feeding the LC-2 into a Win 7 netbook using ScanST. The serial-to-usb cable I was using may have been flaky, as the LC-2 output kept locking up. It may have been the netbook was flaky. scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:10 am

Really tricky to type real englush after few sherbets. Trying hard.

Assuming I'm not trying to establish casey's dyno st home a better setup would be ?

Conor

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:21 pm

It may work for you. Just because my setup was dodgy, doesn't mean yours won't work. I would try it first. You'll need the LC-2 regardless.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smooth is hiding from me   Smooth is hiding from me - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Smooth is hiding from me
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next