GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Excellent day for a ride.

Go down 
+3
NorthernProducer
wardentm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Excellent day for  a ride. Empty
PostSubject: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:51 am

Took the bike out for a romp around town today. Had to replace some gloves which were lifted on my last outing with the GRiSO. The bike is running beautifully. The good vibes it provides!!

Thought I was sure to get a ticket as I lost track of my speed heading out of the UBC area on a nice long straight patch of road. When I looked to my right to get a better look at the radar toting officer as I drew near (thinking I'm toast), he just drops the radar and stares as I ride by. I was relieved and it gave me a good size grin. Seeing as he was / is with the VPD bike traffic patrol perhaps he had some mercy on me.  

Anyhow, The weather was perfect, traffic wasn't bad and I met about 12 people including three chaps touring Can & US from Vienna. All were very complimentary of the GRiSO. If there was a negative today, it was that I was almost taken out, yet again, in the exact same spot and manner as I was hit last year while heading to a local beach (pic). An idiot on my left just under a car length ahead of me and driving what I recall as an old Land Rover type vehicle crossed into my lane over my left hand solid white at the intersection (and at some speed) in order to take the right hand turn. I have a hard time thinking he did not know I was there on this occasion so in my mind wtf! Anyway, as I was anticipating what could happen at that intersection, I was able to avoid getting hit. Live-n-learn applied today. Smile

Also had a sweet looking V11 ride up alongside me for a bit while heading south toward the Can / US border. Gave each other a thumbs up and then went our separate ways after a short bit. Good day all in all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 am

Good to hear you had a good day/ride.
Good to hear you are safe and well also.
Thanks for the pickie, great looking big G.
Us motorcyclists have to have eyes everywhere preempting what all the motorists are about to do to us, they are out to get us !!!!
If all those car drivers had a go on a bike they would soon appreciate what we have to go thru.
Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:03 am

Except for the near miss, it sounds like you had a great time on your ride. Like you, I have found that motor officers sometimes look the other way for fellow riders.

Now, if the weather would just clear up in my part of the USA, I'll be out on the GRiSO. Nasty rain, wind and tornado's have been in the area for about a week now and no let up in sight for the next 4 days.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Great day, great bike. Glad it all managed to stay on plan despite the lane changer. As you say, your spider senses were working well. Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:00 pm

I rode into Canberra yesterday, early, was -4*C on the way in, brrrrrrrrr! And my left heated glove stopped working! Grrrrrrr!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:53 pm

Yes indeedy so. I rode to work this mornin at 5.15. 6 degrees. Had a hoot till I got tp work....
Back to top Go down
Peaceman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Peaceman

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Ridin the other Guzzi today...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:02 am

Cheers all! I agree, drivers would probably be a bit safer if they had to ride a bike for a few months every now and then as a reminder of what we have to deal with. Plus it would be a great way to weed out a few more of those with poorly functioning motor, judgement and perception skills before they get too much time behind the wheel.  Twisted Evil Sorry, but it's either them or us being taken out and I'm all for them in this case.

Northern, I didn't know Tenn. was all that susceptible to tornadoes - damn! Anyway, I hope they steer clear of you and that your weather clears!

Pete, you know the GRiSO is overcooled and your riding in -4C?! Bloody hell, your just dying to drop that spare roller kit into your GRiSO that will not die hey? Kill that thing already would ya.....or should  I say good luck in that effort!? Pillage!

Incredible looking ride there Peaceman...where is that section of road?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excellent day for a ride.   Excellent day for  a ride. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Excellent day for a ride.
Page 1 of 1