GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight

Go down 
+2
PJPR01
HysteriaGland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HysteriaGland
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
HysteriaGland

Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Empty
PostSubject: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2024 12:45 pm

Hi all! Picked up a 2014 GRiSO 1200 SE last weekend and have been putting it through the paces. What an absolute monster, I love this thing. Thrums like a Harley then spins out with a roar as it does its rocket impression. Incredible in the twisties. Just got done lowering the front forks to 4.5 lines showing.

Last owner did some tasteful modifications blacking it out. It’s a good look, but I’m a bit more partial to the classic. Any chance anyone wants to swap a stock headlight and bracket for an upgraded motodemic LED headlight in black? I have red original badges on the way, but a headlight is spendier and harder to find.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
HysteriaGland
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
HysteriaGland

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2024 12:46 pm

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on how or if the black exhaust might be brought back to steel (or cares to try to convince me it’s better as is) feel free to share!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2024 2:11 pm

I think those black pipes looks fantastic...just a vote in favor.  If you really can't stand them, I'd take them off your hands for the cost of shipping to Houston. The black/grey combo, especially with the engine guards looks very tastefully done.

The headlight swap is tempting, but to be fair, the stock headlight is not great at night...I'd guess that what you have there is 10 x better than stock.

I added a pair of driving lights since the stock headlight is not great at all on very dark roads.

Bill Hagan and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:19 pm

I think the bike looks great! My opinion: worth about 2¢. If I were you, I'd live with it for a while and see if you don't come to love the upgrades.

Oh, and welcome to the Ghetto!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
HysteriaGland
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
HysteriaGland

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:21 pm

Street wrote:
I think the bike looks great! My opinion: worth about 2¢. If I were you, I'd live with it for a while and see if you don't come to love the upgrades.

Oh, and welcome to the Ghetto!

Pete (Street)

Thanks! I may just see if motodemic will send me a chrome retainer ring for the current headlight.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:37 pm

I’ve got both pipes and a headlight. Sadly the headlight is for left hand drive. Cost would probably be prohibitive too.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 4:48 am

Welcome!
That's a great looking bike. Cool
The pipes may have been ceramic coated; they suit the end can. The black badges are possibly original as I believe some of the last SE models from the factory had the back badges on the tank.
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Biondino
Biondino
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1Yesterday at 10:19 am

IMO it looks pretty sexy and I'm here to tell you, keeping the stock headers looking sexy, while not impossible, is a major time suck. Assuming you're an all weather rider, they will get ugly fast.

For me that meant removing them from the bike and spending hours on a pedestal grinder/buffer wheel. Looked amazing. For a minute. hopefully less labor intensive when attacked annually. I'll report  accordingly.

congrats on the bike. Hopefully the PO put as much effort into tuning and maintenance as he did the visible stuff, and you'll be a happy camper for quite some time.

lousy photos to follow to help illustrate...

before

after

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight   Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from DC and Motodemic Headlight
Page 1 of 1