GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Main bearing flange gasket

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

Main bearing flange gasket Empty
PostSubject: Main bearing flange gasket   Main bearing flange gasket Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:28 am

Hi all,

I'm preparing myself to one of these days take the bike apart for the rear main seal routine...
I saw a thread (which I cannot find anymore...) where Pete was mentioning that the stock flange gaskets suck and the solution was to use ThreeBond instead.
Meanwhile I saw that Valpolini has these special gaskets made out of Metafoam material.
Has anyone ever assembled one? Any feedback?

Many thanks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Main bearing flange gasket   Main bearing flange gasket Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:41 pm

For any of the pre 1200-8V models the gasket hadn’t changes significantly since 1967. They rarely give problems, (Nor do the seals themselves.) but if Valpolini make one of their ‘Metalic’ gaskets for the purpose they are certainly a better product.

Why do you need to replace it? Is it leaking?
Back to top Go down
Matias
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Main bearing flange gasket   Main bearing flange gasket Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:48 pm

Thanks Pete.
On day-by-day use I get any ocasional drop of oil. On longer rides, specially if done at a higer pace, I get a bit more....The oil is definetly coming from the clutch bell housing, I just don't know if it's coming from the seal, the gasket, the infamous longer bolt, etc....
Unfortunately you need to tear the bike apart to find that out....
I have been avoiding to go through that just because of an ocasional drop of oil, but if it gets worse I will go for it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main bearing flange gasket   Main bearing flange gasket Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Main bearing flange gasket
Page 1 of 1