GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SemperVee1
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
SemperVee1

Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Empty
PostSubject: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:56 pm

Took it apart OK, had to replace the oil pressure sensor. Now re installing the beast!! Came out but does not want to go back! There must be some magic to it I have yet to find. Thanks for suggestions.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:31 pm

SemperVee1 wrote:

Took it apart OK, had to replace the oil pressure sensor.  Now re installing the beast!!   Came out but does not want to go back! There must be some magic to it I have yet to find.   Thanks for suggestions.

I have felt your pain. About the only thing I don't miss about my Norge.

Will see if I can find a thread I posted on this somewhere. I remeber silicone as a friend.

Bill

SemperVee1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:36 pm

Thanks Bill, I remember when you had your red one about the same time I had mine. Now on my second Norge, this time, Hi Ho Silver creeping up on 50K miles on it soon!!
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:28 pm

what does this hose suppose to go to?   I looks to be on top of Gear box.  I took off tank and other hoses installed where they were suppose to I am thinking but this one ended up loose? and fits either below or on top some where?   Thanks. . . 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
850-Nero
Carlotto
Carlotto
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:44 am

If it's the same as the GRiSO it is only connected on the gearbox end.. it is a breather and just hangs loose in the v of the engine
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:25 am

On a Norge, Breva or Sport the gearbox breather, (For that is what it is. ) should hook up and over the air box and under the snorkel and just vent to atmosphere to the left of the bike.

All it has to do to do is relieve the small pressure rise and fall caused by temperature fluctuations. It’s not like an engine that is constantly trying to inflate its crankcase like a balloon!
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:31 am

Pete Roper wrote:
On a Norge, Breva or Sport the gearbox breather, (For that is what it is. ) should hook up and over the air box and under the snorkel and just vent to atmosphere to the left of the bike.

All it has to do to do is relieve the small pressure rise and fall caused by temperature fluctuations. It’s not like an engine that is constantly trying to inflate its crankcase like a balloon!

Thanks you Pete!   It been driving me round the bend where it should go as I found it loose under the gas tank but nowhere to connect it to and nothing  made sense being that it was connected to the low gear box nipple pointing up -  so I routed it down towards the ground -  rather then up where i found it.  I will position as you describe or something close to it!  Very Happy     * Without online help I fear what would happen to our "labor of love" keeping our beloved Guzzi's alive and ticking.  Mentoring others as we have been mentored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..   Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration.. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Norge airbox reinstall - Frustration..
Page 1 of 1