GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Scraping sound from cardan when cold

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wil1
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Wil1

Scraping sound from cardan when cold Empty
PostSubject: Scraping sound from cardan when cold   Scraping sound from cardan when cold Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:10 am

Hello,

My GRiSO 8V from 2012 has a scraping sound when driving away cold, only first few meters. The sound seems to come from the cardan but I am not sure. This is only when the engine is cold, when driving away for the first time. After that the sound is gone. When changing the oil of the cardan the oil was a bit black. Gearbox oil is clear. KM reading is 30000.

Does anyone know if this is normal and where it comes from? Should I check something?

Best regards,

Wil1
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Scraping sound from cardan when cold   Scraping sound from cardan when cold Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:46 pm

Make sure noise isn't from the brake making a noise.

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Scraping sound from cardan when cold   Scraping sound from cardan when cold Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:56 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^

This. Check the rear brake as Steve suggests.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Scraping sound from cardan when cold   Scraping sound from cardan when cold Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:49 pm

A bloke I know who runs a shop in Sydney had a weird one making a noise similar and it was the front part of the seal holder for the CARC input seal had separated and was rubbing on the shaft yoke.

While it is unlikely to be that I would pull the bevelbox and check that and the pinion nut tightness. Black oil does not bode well.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Scraping sound from cardan when cold   Scraping sound from cardan when cold Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:56 am

Could it just be the dust seal on the rear wheel?

Or the brake caliper?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scraping sound from cardan when cold   Scraping sound from cardan when cold Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Scraping sound from cardan when cold
Page 1 of 1