GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Extended service - some questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

Extended service - some questions Empty
PostSubject: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 5:30

Hi everyone.
I traveled 10k kilometers since i have the GRiSO and it's time to do the 2nd service.
In this occasion i want to do some works that i postponed when i get the bike....in particular T.B. cleaning, so i have also to re-check balance and valve clearance.
This because the bike seems to be not at its 100%, in particular there's annoying vibrations at footpegs that i can't experienced before, and some irregularities at low %

Furthermore i want to fix some oil leakages, changing a certain number of gasket and washers...i want to find it to my local industrial parts dealer but i have some doubts:

1-from which material are made the gasket under CARC's drain cap? the #01528930 washer.

2-anyone know the size of the rpm sensor's o-ring? I think that the major leakage on my bike is from it.

3-See photo below...there's a sensor just on the top on the rpm sensor that i cant recognize on electrical wiring and un spare parts manual. What is? I think that can be a good idea to check its washer...
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 5:44

Isn’t the one above the phase sensor the oil pressure switch? It’s been there since 1967?
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 6:43

Maybe. In the 1967 i wasnt born Very Happy

I can't found it on spare parts man, so i can't know what kind of washer go under it
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 8:12

Not born in ‘67! Pfft! Kids these days! Laughing

From memory the switch should have a sort of deforming ‘Wavy Washer’ on it that comes as part of the switch hence the no separate part number.

Thing is the switch is nothing special but it has, on your model, got a coarse thread. I think it’s 10mm but if you reckon the switch is working just go to your local automotive supplier and ask for a 10mm aluminium washer or Dowty seal.

Chances are if you replace the washer the switch will fuck up shortly thereafter! Over her the replace,ent switch is a Tridon PS029 but there are no doubt dozens of cross-reference numbers for such crap that cost pennies compared to the original, and no longer available, factory switch.

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 8:24

hmmm so i will proceed this way:

i replace the rpm-sensor oring and if leakage stops, i dont touch anything else around there [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 8:36

Be aware there are depth shims. Don’t loose them, then slap another o-ring on, (A slightly thicker section one is fine.) and use a bit of sealant on it when you put it back in. Silastic is fine, (I prefer Threebond 1211.) but don’t put it on like toothpaste! A thin smear is all that is required.

motografando likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 16 Sep 2024 - 8:39

Thank you pete, i heard of the presence of the shims, i'll take care Very Happy
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Tue 17 Sep 2024 - 3:05

Yesterday i went to local dealer to buy needed spare parts but the o-ring was unavailable and i can't get information about its dimensions.

Someone knows? I prefer to get a new one before disassembling because in my town is quite impossibile to get a new one. Smile
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Mon 23 Sep 2024 - 3:02

Finally i took apart the phase sensor to replace the o-ring.

Unfortunately some kind of "mechanic" in the past tried to fix it with a massive amount of motor sealant. The oring was damaged and there was sealant all around shims and sensor.

I cleaned all the parts as best as possible and replaced original oring with a slightly thicker one, but smaller in diameter so it need to stretch a little when mounted.
I used a (circa) 12mm ID * 2mm Thickness one.

After a small test seems to be OK. Lets see in the future.

Now the real problem is that i changed oil and filter but unfortunately i think that some kind of dirties remained on the coupling surface of the filter under the oil pan, so i think i'd to re empty the pan, clean in some way under that and replace the filter Mad

Next step will be throttle bodies cleaning....because i noted that also with good outer temperatures, the bike is still pinging sometimes.
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1Wed 16 Oct 2024 - 6:57

After a small amount of kms the phase sensor started leaking again.
So i removed it and installed a metric oring 14X2 with a tiny amount of motor sealant.
Now it's ok at least! Very Happy

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extended service - some questions   Extended service - some questions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Extended service - some questions
Page 1 of 1