GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch "window"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nibs
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Nibs

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:23 am

Hi Apologies if this seems dumb but whilst cleaning my 8v GRiSO I inadvertently pushed the rubber grommet in the clutch housing into the clutch on the right hand side. Luckily I was able to fish it back out with a piece of wire and a huge amount of patience. Looking in the port/window I could see the toothed edge of the Intermediate Plate. Please can somebody tell me the purpose of the port. Also what do you think the consequence of not being able to fish the grommet out would have been if any.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:25 am

See previous:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think it would have been ok, although not ideal.
Back to top Go down
Nibs
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Nibs

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:15 am

JC_Guz89 wrote:
See previous:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think it would have been ok, although not ideal.

Thanks very much that's very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:35 pm

Nibs wrote:
Hi Apologies if this seems dumb but whilst cleaning my 8v GRiSO I inadvertently pushed the rubber grommet in the clutch housing into the clutch on the right hand side.  Luckily I was able to fish it back out with a piece of wire and a huge amount of patience. Looking in the port/window I could see the toothed edge of the Intermediate Plate. Please can somebody tell me the purpose of the port. Also what do you think the consequence of not being able to fish the grommet out would have been if any.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

In regards to the grommet. Is that there to determine clutch wear? If yes please explain how to gage the life of one's clutch in the 8V motor?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:34 pm

No, it’s just a hang-over from the old days when you set and checked the ignition timing with a strobe. It ceased to be relevant decades ago but the factory modifies and redesigned and reuses the dies used for case construction from model to model and the portal has just never been deleted.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:04 am

Understood thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clutch "window" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch "window"   Clutch "window" Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch "window"
Page 1 of 1