GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

She Lives!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fanattic
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
fanattic

She Lives!   Empty
PostSubject: She Lives!    She Lives!   Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:42 pm

A big Thanks! to everyone who assisted, and especially Pete Roper for clarifying some things, (in other words, building my confidence).
After nearly 8 years of procrastination, (due to many reasons), I finally rollerized my Tenni GRiSO, which has been sitting in my garage, covered and clean, since I decided not to run it anymore until I got the upgrade done.

I finished the cam box swap over two weeks ago, but have been waiting for sump gaskets, that finally arrived today (thank you Hamlin Cycles!).

Tonight she started right up, and I took her for a very short ride up and down my street.
Will spend a little more time tomorrow, but she's in desperate need of new rubber, and I need to service the forks, get them properly adjusted, then figure out what to do with making sure she's got the right map, something I've never done.

If anyone still needs to do this rollerization thing, provided you have the kit, it's certainly not that hard of a job, at least for the 'A' kit, if you have good tools and some experience.

My GRiSO btw, was built in the last production batch before they switched to roller followers. Figures.

Anyway, I really appreciate the help. I'm used to working on my 66' BMW, and it's a world of difference between old bikes and new, (or 2012), so thanks again, and stay safe out there!

beetle, Bill Hagan, Clancy, kidsmoke, Svartipants, Grisoleta and jakepeewee like this post

Back to top Go down
Rowlrat
Carlotto
Carlotto
Rowlrat

She Lives!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Lives!    She Lives!   Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:55 am

Hi I have a late rollerised 8V but recently met a local guy who has the earlier version and was considering doing g the job himself. Any chance of your E Mail as to be able to contact a recent member with experience would be a great help ?

Regards Ratt U.K. Gloucester
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

She Lives!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Lives!    She Lives!   Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Rowlrat wrote:
Hi I have a late rollerised 8V but recently met a local guy who has the earlier version and was considering doing g the job himself. Any chance of your E Mail as to be able to contact a recent member with experience would be a great help ?

He can email me at

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
fanattic
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
fanattic

She Lives!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Lives!    She Lives!   Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:00 pm

Rowlrat wrote:

Hi, He's welcome to email me too (Dave at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), though Pete is the expert and would probably be best to email him first.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

She Lives!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Lives!    She Lives!   Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:27 pm

In the UK John ‘Doc’ Warner is probably the best person to chat to. He’s helped a host of people over the years. He has a Stelvio FB page I believe, (I don’t do FB so can’t confirm.).

I’m currently talking a couple of people through the job, one in Canada and one in Queensland. It’s not a hugely difficult job but the consequences of screwing it up are not good so it’s best to have someone ‘Hold your hand’ if it’s not the sort of thing you’d usually be happy with.

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

She Lives!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: She Lives!    She Lives!   Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

She Lives!
Page 1 of 1