GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bentombed
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bentombed

Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Empty
PostSubject: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:15 am

as the title states - the bike has done 27000ks and i was advised the change the fuel filter. So i did. now the bike will not run. it will start no issue but is not rideable, when i twist the throttle the engine cuts out.
When i did get it going if i dropped the revs it would stall, didnt matter if it was in gear or not.

I've pulled out the pump and filter again and cannot see anything wrong. i reattached it and checked the hoses and electrics and it will start but now not rev at all.

if anyone can tell me where i have gone wrong please do - i feel it will be something either awful or really simple that i missed.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:08 am

Make sure the fuel lines, both internal and external, aren’t kinked. That would seem the most likely cause.

Other far less likely things would be the pressure relief valve spring or, strangely, as it was just mentioned in another thread, the linkage rod of the TB’s falling off a ball joint.
Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:36 am

are you sure not to have installed the filter in the wrong way?

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:57 pm

Post a picture if you can...I've got mine disassembled on the Norge at the moment...as a reference to re-assemble once my new filter comes in as well. Having the arrow posted in the right direction, all of the wires/clips still attached.
Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:32 am

PJPR01 wrote:
Post a picture if you can...I've got mine disassembled on the Norge at the moment...as a reference to re-assemble once my new filter comes in as well.  Having the arrow posted in the right direction, all of the wires/clips still attached.

will do - I will pull it apart again shortly to see what it might be
Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:33 am

motografando wrote:

90% sure - the top of the filter, where the bendy bit of hose joins, should say "in"?
Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:35 am

motografando wrote:

Thank you Mr Roper - i will double check, a kink on the external hose seems a likely culprit.
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:53 am

Bentombed wrote:
motografando wrote:

90% sure - the top of the filter, where the bendy bit of hose joins, should say "in"?  

The filter should have an arrow on it indicating the direction of flow of the fuel.  Pointing upwards...when you are holding the fuel pump in your hands...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:13 am

ok took it out again - here are a few photos - looks  fine to me - this filter has no arrow, just marked in and out on each end. in at the top. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Bentombed on Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bentombed
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bentombed

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:16 am

i found the culprit!! somehow i had knocked out the TPS plug - plug it back in, tank on, start up and it revs again!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lcjohnny, Svartipants and motografando like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:03 am

That’ll do it. And exactly the same symptoms as the linkage rod falling off. No change in TPS voltage = no fuel above idle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run   Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Apologies if posted before - I changed the fuel filter now the bike wont run
Page 1 of 1