GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Once in a while, life works out

Go down 
+2
PDandy
DragonChowhound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DragonChowhound
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
DragonChowhound

Once in a while, life works out Empty
PostSubject: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:09 pm

New GRiSO owner here, and it's my first motorcycle after decades of on-again-off-again ideas of getting my license endorsement. The wife said OK, as long as whatever I bought was Italian (her family is from outside of Naples), and I had to jump at that opportunity! I spent a fun day at the local Ducati dealer, and gave literally everything a good look, but came away with this unconvinced feeling -- maybe it's because Audi hoovered up Ducati and mentally I think of it as a German brand now. Then I started looking at Moto Guzzi, and I felt like a moth to the flame...

Initial searches online were based around various V7 models -- some of the limited-run models with the satin-stainless look tank are just stunning. But one time I broadened my search to all Moto Guzzi bikes, and a nearby GRiSO popped up. And I recall thinking "goddamn that's a stunning bike". It sold and delisted pretty quickly, but that got me on the search, leading me to the bike I eventually bought sight-unseen-never-rode-one-before. And I am so, so happy with the choice. (2014 diablo nero)

I had a similar religious experience living in Scotland and buying a car. I was initially fixated on one of the more popular hot-hatch cars, and a friend (from France) said "hey, you should check out the Peugeot Sport 308GTi", and his advice was absolutely bang-on. I found one for sale down in London, and bought it without ever even sitting in one (flew down, drove it back with miles of smiles). To this day, that car is the one I loved most, and it's just too bad they aren't sold in the USA.
Same feeling here about the GRiSO -- it ticks all the boxes: not common, oozes charisma, blends naked/muscle bikes together into a unique platform, AND it's truly Italian so the wife is happy (and it gives me a new place to visit in Mandello del Lario). Plus, it's a spiffy upgrade from the XF150 that I used in the MSF course!

Lots to learn about the bike, but it's already been great getting stinky oils all over my hands doing basic maintenance. Love this community, and all the great info y'all share with each other!

Bill Hagan, Nobleswood, green guzzi, Utesch, Pawel Spoon, JC_Guz89 and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:58 pm

Isn't it fantastic having a wife who understands.

So what color is hers going to be?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:10 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, DC!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:17 am

In your pic it looks like a black & silver one. Welcome to the Ghetto, all the info is here.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:07 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
In your pic it looks like a black & silver one. Welcome to the Ghetto, all the info is here.

Steve, maybe selling my GRiSO (sigh  Sad ) removed site permissions to see pix, but I don't see the OP's.

Bill
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:39 am

Bill, pic is in the signature.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:59 pm

His avatar, Bill. I assure you, you've lost no permissions, you're always welcome here.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once in a while, life works out   Once in a while, life works out Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Once in a while, life works out
Page 1 of 1