GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Better economy when having fun?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

Better economy when having fun? Empty
PostSubject: Better economy when having fun?   Better economy when having fun? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:23 pm

Apparently having fun on the GRiSO is environmentally responsible!

I was out with a group of ADV bikes yesterday - essentially two wheeled fuel tankers. Even before meeting up I'd perfected range anxiety - the low fuel light came on with 55 k to the next servo. Boring riding @ 100 k, my bike chews through 5.6 l/100 km on the screen

So we're heading into the hills and everyone else plans stops around coffee or pubs - the first two are closed! 260 km of bliss later the screen tells me I've averaged 5 l/100 km!

@Beetle, when you're standing at the pearly gates trying to decide between party down under or an eternity with the boring cloud mob - DO NOT tell them about the mistral with bd in map! From a karmic cloud score perspective, you're spreading universal joy AND saving the planet. Eternity listening to harps ?

Stephen Lindsay likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Better economy when having fun?   Better economy when having fun? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:16 pm

Why do you reckon I despise those clowns who say it can't be done, and have "solutions" that pour fuel into your cylinders like there's no tomorrow?

Also, that may provide a clue as to what the "FU2" in the map name means...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny, Svartipants and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

PostSubject: Re: Better economy when having fun?   Better economy when having fun? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:28 pm

beetle wrote:

Why do you reckon I despise those clowns who say it can't be done, and have "solutions" that pour fuel into your cylinders like there's no tomorrow?

Also, that may provide a clue as to what the "FU2" in the map name means...

Ironically I was riding with a guy who used to own a victorian Italian dealership, he'd lusted after a GRiSO but back in the day rode one " mapped" by another dealership....needless to say he didn't buy one .

I didn't have the heart to offer him a ride on mine ( despite wanting to ride his v85 TT)

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Better economy when having fun?   Better economy when having fun? Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:02 am

Oh gawd? Which dealer? Just PM me. I have a horrible feeling I know…..
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Better economy when having fun?   Better economy when having fun? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:04 am

Even the good old 1100 does not like to be lugged and rewards spirited riding with lower consumption – at least if you ride the Beetle-map suitable for your configuration ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better economy when having fun?   Better economy when having fun? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Better economy when having fun?
Page 1 of 1