GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use

Go down 
+2
rick pope
kidsmoke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Empty
PostSubject: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:00 am

Ok, I'm prepared to feel like a complete moron. Truth be told it's not that unusual an experience.

Many of us here use this same tank bag: @ratso88, @ghostbullet, @rick pope (?)

nice bag.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The question is re: the cord 'port' on the leading edge of the bag. There is a grommet or whatever you'd like to call it, for a charge cord to enter the bag and power contents. On my bag there is no hole, just the grommet, leaving me to have to puncture/pierce a hole into the bag behind the grommet. Given it's location I imagine this would result in at least a bit of moisture on a particularly rainy day.

Is this the intention of the design? Have any of you pierced it? @Ghostbullet I'm especially looking at you due to the travel you do, the weather you ride in, and the equipment you use regularly.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:35 am

Yes, I use that bag, but have never violated the rubber port. My bag has a silver fabric "liner", which I presume is waterproof, so any moisture entering the port would just puddle under said liner?

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:48 am

I did it, reluctantly but.....10k miles so far across country in several rain storms..and no trouble so far...
I also cut a nice wedge of very dense foam ( got mine from a Shorai battery kit) and glued it to the bottom under side of that same type bag to help support the rear weight of the bag as after a few thousand miles the bag was difficult to slide in and out of the holder due to the weight in the rear of the bag..but was fine after adding a little support...the foam leaves no marks on the paint.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:52 pm

i have the same bag.
Used it with onur's tank ring, but now i'd to remove the ring because of problems with tank gasket (It bloated with hot temperatures and fuel contact???? I dont know and i experienced overpressure in the tank)
Now i'm waiting for new ones from Onur, i hope to not have more issues.

Anyway the bag is very good, not so big but more than sufficient for the essentials for a 1-day ride

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:23 am

Have you made sure the tank vent and gutter drain are clear and working? Most tank related problems are due to the drain and vent being blocked.
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:56 am

Ok well Kindoy has solved part of the mystery: I don’t have a defective bag that made it off the line incomplete. It was made as a do it yourself charge port option.

Rick, agreed on the liner application. I actually tuck a water bottle in the bag outside the liner, with my stuff inside the liner, and have had success. Agreed that water ingress is gonna be minimal, particularly since you just create access to the first ‘window’ compartment. Just seemed odd that they made it this way and make no mention to the buyer.

I fully agree that this bag with an Onur ring is a great solution, and I like wedge idea too, Kindoy2
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:36 pm

I use this bag regularly.
The cable port hole came sealed, and I haven't found a need to cut it.
I have the ring bracket set fully forward to have better clearance to the ignition key switch, and have never had any sagging issues at the back even though the bag is regularly full.
And I also carry a water bottle outside the bag liner.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
motografando

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:52 pm

i placed the plate just 1 hole to the rear from the central position.
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:13 am

Clancy wrote:
I use this bag regularly.
The cable port hole came sealed, and I haven't found a need to cut it.
I have the ring bracket set fully forward to have better clearance to the ignition key switch, and have never had any sagging issues at the back even though the bag is regularly full.
And I also carry a water bottle outside the bag liner.

Same on all points. The photo at the top of this thread shows that same mounting position. Mounting ring full forward = bag full back. I also have my phone mount off the handlebar clamp, so clearance in that area is important.

I've avoided NEEDing the cable access to this point. That may change.

I appreciate the feedback on the thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use   Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Givi XS307 15L Tank Bag use
Page 1 of 1