GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Reeeeee-Tired!!!

Go down 
+8
Chris W
lcjohnny
GuzziSteve
PDandy
pjm
Street
beetle
Pete Roper
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:44 pm

Well, that’s it. From today I’m officially retired! Thrown in the towel! Called it quits! cheers

Michael will be keeping the doors open but the Motomoda business name is already taken so I have no idea what his biz will be called ‘Officially’. I’ll still be around helping out, moving bikes around and test riding them for him, (He can’t obviously!) but I won’t be calling the shots or, hopefully, wielding the spanners.

I’ve got to prepare Red Bike for sale and I’ll be looking to move on my NA Mana soon as well. That will leave me with my Yellow Bike, the 2008 GRiSO I’ve owned from new, and my newly acquired 2012 White Mana GT. Two bikes is all I need and, quite simply, all I can really afford in retirement. The next change will be when they get too heavy for me, (Or I drop off the twig!) whichever happens first.

I’ll still follow all things Guzzi but to be honest there is nothing really they are making now that interests me greatly but a nearly fifty year association with the marque and my love and dedication to the CARC series bikes means that at the very least a passing interest will be maintained. I’m more interested in being a passive observer of Mark and Tony’s work on trying to unwrap the MP11 than the actual mechanicals of the new bikes. That will be interesting to watch. Seeing Piaggio turn Guzzi into a characterless ‘Brand’? Not so much……..

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, moto, JohnA, lcjohnny, Clancy, Speedfrog and like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:46 pm

May the road rise up to meet you!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:09 pm

You've earned it, Pete. All I can really say is, thank you.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:31 pm

Yes well earned,enjoy your retirement and many thanks

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Oh I won’t be stopping annoying you bunch of useless fucks! Don’t you worry about that…..! Razz cheers

Bill Hagan, JohnA, lcjohnny, Clancy, Speedfrog, RedMogAndy, kindoy2 and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:16 am

I wouldn't expect anything less!

Twisted Evil

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
PDandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
PDandy

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:44 am

You've well and truly earned our respect over the decades, Pete.

It's rare to come across such integrity in the business world.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:57 am

Hopefully more time for this.

This.

And this.

Nah, neither of us look like that any more but after nearly half a century we still seem to love each other and rub along OK. Not all people can say that.

moto, lcjohnny, kindoy2, 80CX100 and PDandy like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:43 am

Well done Pete, have a wonderful time. Glad to see you still typing here. Ride Safe
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:27 am

Congratulations and thanks

I can recommend retirement -

PS the work ethic was a con but don't tell the kids paying my pension
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:51 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Oh I won’t be stopping annoying you bunch of useless fucks! Don’t you worry about that…..! Razz cheers
Hey - I resemble that remark!!

thanks for being so willing to share your knowledge we/I would be screwed without it

enjoy the rest of the ride!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:31 pm

Pete, congrats. Well earned, I would say.

As someone who is coming up on a year of retirement, you won't have time to scratch your arse, so much so, that you will wonder how you had time to work.

Hopefully you will be able to join us for a small gathering in Coonamble in October (11th-14th - I have one bed left!) and again in Blinman in March/April 2025.

If out travelling with your good wife, you know there is a bed here, though, due to popularity, bookings are essential!

Still, I might see you in Dubbo soon...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:56 pm

Yeah, all things being equal Coonamble in October would be a grand thing. I might be able to roll it into a trip up to Townsville to visit Peter and Kerry and the FNQ Push. I should have got the GT fully sorted by then and I’ll head towards the coast North of Brisbane. I’ve done the Gregory Development Road on a Mana and my Yamaha outfit before and I’ll be quite happy NOT to repeat the experience!

Jude can fly up. Who knows? I might even be able to get her to bring up a jacket and helmet and we could go off for a last hurrah around the Atherton Tablelands. It will be nice at that time of year….. cheers

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:49 am

Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your kind help and insights!

Lately I realised the GRiSO might get pretty heavy when I'll shrink in about 2 decades or so. Having sold my Vespa GTS300 a few months ago made me make a test drive on a RE classic350. I was highly suprised at it's amazing sound and so easy to handle and to climb in the seat. So easy to throw a leg over it without the pillion seat on it.

I was considering to source a Bellagio but I am changing my mind a bit after noticing belts drives are available for the Classic350. Tough the GRiSO is a great bike and finally it's running great now thanks to the beetle maps and this forum I do realise the weight might be a hurdle later.

Still not willing to part Guzzi I'm still getting compliments at every tank station I fill her up and wherever I park this bike. It's amazing to enjoy those small compliments and positive notes on the vibes and sound note. "character" has been mentioned quite a lot!

Unfortunately there isn't any model in their current collection I really fancy. The V100 is nice but I am not willing to trade my euro4 for an euro5(plus?) alternative.
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzimackers
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Motoguzzimackers

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:43 pm

All the best, Peter.
Back to top Go down
http://motoguzzimackers.com/
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:00 pm

Congrats, Pete! You made it this far.  If anybody deserves a great, relaxing, interesting and rewarding retirement, it is you. I just hope you will not retire from the Ghetto!

PDandy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reeeeee-Tired!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reeeeee-Tired!!!   Reeeeee-Tired!!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Reeeeee-Tired!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: